The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Well then, lighten and put your Barbies away lol.

I think you misconstrue what I was saying, but its all good, mainly because I love me some Trout. Truth.

I think you misconstrue what I was saying, but its all good, mainly because I love me some Trout. Truth.

I probably did lol I do that quite often haha. I'll leave it alone from here on out, I'm not one to get too upset at this stuff.

I know I wouldn't want to play a trash talking trout. It would remind me of that big mouth Billy bass that when you walk into a room it starts yelling at you.

Golden toy and this trout has a golden golf game.

I know I wouldn't want to play a trash talking trout. It would remind me of that big mouth Billy bass that when you walk into a room it starts yelling at you.

No kidding, freaking trout dropped 17 strokes in 1 DAY

I'm like that clumsy relative when it comes to trash talk lol, I have no idea how to do it, I want to do it, but should stop as soon as possible lol. #sociallyineptlol

It's funny JB, I went from having one mission in the MC to having obligations to 8 over the last couple months, they are my brothers, they are my friends, and they are my teammates, I will stand by them in any battle, I love them that much.

No kidding, freaking trout dropped 17 strokes in 1 DAY

Dude it was the Eisenhower tree that kept me that high, once momma nature too it out all is well. (kinda like you and... nevermind) lol

I just want to go on record and say this...

This event is bigger than anything. I love THP and all members, i will have 39 brothers in July whether they are my teammates or not. EVERYONE is looking to bring their best game and EVERYONE wants to win. If not then they dont have a pulse. Competitive juices are already flowing. Say what you want, it doesnt matter. The only thing that matters is what i said in the first sentence of this paragraph. I will be doing what i need to do to be my best in July

I think one of Team THPs very own handled a trash talker quite well last weekend.

Hammer was laid.

Panda was vicious.

I think one of Team THPs very own handled a trash talker quite well last weekend.

Hammer was laid.

Panda was vicious.

He did do well. Well, not so well in round 1, but once the heat got to ole Finley, Tadashi struck like a viper.

He did do well. Well, not so well in round 1, but once the heat got to ole Finley, Tadashi struck like a viper.
I think it was more than just the heat.

I think it was more than just the heat.

Im sure. And I am not downplaying Tadashi's excellent play. What we saw was Finley play to his index in round 1 and then 15 strokes higher in round 2 & 3. This after traveling across the country. Im not making excuses for him, I enjoyed watching Tadashi play so well, just saying that you could see Finley was gassed and not playing all that well. Its what happens in matches. Guys that are prepared and come to play, excell. Those that are not, feel it after a round or two.

Im sure. And I am not downplaying Tadashi's excellent play. What we saw was Finley play to his index in round 1 and then 15 strokes higher in round 2 & 3. This after traveling across the country. Im not making excuses for him, I enjoyed watching Tadashi play so well, just saying that you could see Finley was gassed and not playing all that well. Its what happens in matches. Guys that are prepared and come to play, excell. Those that are not, feel it after a round or two.
That is what I was eluding to.

Freddie is used to playing in that heat. Has played 36 holes numerous times in that heat. Was ready to go in the afternoon round and made his move.

I am glad to see Team Albatross and our pairings get downplayed a bit today. The motivation that generates is something that can't be manufactured, and as the captain of this team, I thank you for that.

Fortunately, golf cannot be played with the mouth, but with the clubs of these tremendous sponsors -- And you can bet your bottom dollar Team Albatross will be playing hard for each other, the sponsors, THP, and for the people who will take in the event from the forum.

Fortunately, golf cannot be played with the mouth, but with the clubs of these tremendous sponsors -- And you can bet your bottom dollar Team Albatross will be playing hard for each other, the sponsors, THP, and for the people who will take in the event from the forum.

While true, you can get in someone's had rather easily with the mouth. :D
The weakminded are almost too easy. :angel:

It's true, a weak mind can crumble quickly on a golf course. I always presume that events like this are best played with the silly trash talk cast aside, but this is a nice reminder that some find need to use these tactics when hard work and determination maybe don't feel like enough.

A great lesson for all in the event. While my 2013 recap was filled with incredible experiences both with my team and my competitors cheering on great shots, we may not all experience that (although it would be a shame to miss out on it).

It's true, a weak mind can crumble quickly on a golf course. I always presume that events like this are best played with the silly trash talk cast aside, but this is a nice reminder that some find need to use these tactics when hard work and determination maybe don't feel like enough.

A great lesson for all in the event. While my 2013 recap was filled with incredible experiences both with my team and my competitors cheering on great shots, we may not all experience that (although it would be a shame to miss out on it).
Let's just be clear that the shots came from both sides today, Dan. With one side calling a group of peoples "Class" in to question.

Let's just be clear that the shots came from both sides today, Dan. With one side calling a group of peoples "Class" in to question.

You are more than welcome to dwell on the comments of today (and to my understanding the PM people received thereafter), however, as I have discussed with my team, we'll be moving on void of trash talk. At the end of the day, my team took personally comments suggesting they would be closed early, supported one another, and are a closer group because of it.

I suppose thick skin should be needed by both the person casting the stone and the person getting hit by the stone.

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I'm not dwelling by any means.

I tend to not get my feathers ruffled as most, I guess.

He hammered me early, it was bad

Okay gentlemen,
As always as we move under the 90 day mark, the best and the worst always comes out. Its why I have grown to dislike quite a bit about this event. We expect more out of the ambassadors of the Morgan Cup. Its not always about trash talk, post count, activity level, complaining, the constant backroom politics, and more. Its sad what comes out of this incredible event. Its sad that people feel the need to b*tch and moan behind the scenes and its sad that people seem to be filled with animosity.

Embrace the last 90 days.
Embrace the final steps of the journey.
If you want to talk trash, do so, but keep people's skill level out of it and dont make it personal.
Fun and light hearted is good. Outside of that = Bad.

This is clearly the end of an era and watching the bickering, the backroom bull$hit that has plagued something glorious and watching people with the attitude of "screw this, Im taking my ball and going home" is effin awful.

Sometimes we wonder why we spend thousands of hours planning these things if the end result is dealing with post counts, dealing with gear complaints and dealing with the bull$hit that goes on behind the scenes that circles back to us. We do it because this is the Morgan Effin Cup and it stands for the Ultimate Golf Event Period!

Act is if...
Act as if you care about this event, this community and whether or not it continues.
Act as if you care about the largest golf companies in the world that put their pride, products and people behind it.
Act as if you give a damn on whether or not this thing ever happens again.
Act as if we should even bother trying anymore.

Give us something more than that says this means something to you. That you cared if you got selected, that being a part of this community and the events that happen here should continue. Watching people get to their bare minimum through welcome to THP posts, banter posts, and jump on at the end of the month to make their last 30 before hopping off again is not what we invisioned and its our fault. Give us 90 days of caring and we will give you the world for a weekend that you will never forget.

And if you cant, we will find replacements that can!

The event always seems to bring out the misery. Im not sure if its the self righteous, the gang up mentality or people start believing their own "press", but this is the mother ****ing Ultimate Golf Event Period! Close your eyes for 5 seconds and say "I am a golfer sponsored by ABC Company". Do you know how few people can say that? Close your eyes and remember when you were asked to be a part of this or selected to be a part of this. Remember that feeling. Remember that screaming. Remember those chills.

We are 90 days away from a walk out on the range to something special. 3 short months away from something that could change your life as a golfer. 3 short months away from 40 of you, representing your team, your sponsor, THP and the Morgan Cup. It is about to happen. If you dont care, fake it. If you do care, embrace it. July will be here soon, and while I am to the point of being done with it, I will step back and cherish it, because I know the meaning behind it. I know what it stands for. And most importantly, I know what it will mean to you, come Sunday when it ends.

You owe us nothing, but you owe it to yourself to enjoy something that you worked so hard on to be a part of. My vision. My wife's vision. Its here. Sit back, take a deep breath and enjoy the final ride. Because when its over, its over and nobody should have any regrets about the Ultimate Journey to the Ultimate Golf Event!!!!

From this point on its about positivity.
No self righteous posts. No more condescending posts.
Enjoy the spotlight. Enjoy the company. Enjoy the ride.

Well said JB. cant agree with you more

coming from a guy who tried his hardest to be a part of it to see grown men arguing over semantics and a little trash talk is a little disappointing to say the least

Well said JB.

This thing gets more real every day! Like brothers in the back seat of a long trip we may get at each other a bit over little stuff--but we are all in this together and it will be awesome!

Back