Taking a second to wish good luck to Amsmith61

Six4three5

Tour Star...Layin' Up!
Reaction score
Handicap
2.5 GHIN
Hey guys,

Just wanted to take a second here and wish a good luck to Aaron (Amsmith61) on his new journey and job in Indianapolis. This post may come off as long winded, so I apologize but I feel I should take a second and give some thoughts on one of the best people I've met in my life and a person I'm lucky enough to call a friend.

It all started with THP. Without Josh and Morgan and this amazing community I can say that Aaron and I may have never crossed paths. After creating my friendship with Aaron it gave me a much bigger appreciation and better understanding on what this community means and can be for someone if they choose to use it. This site is amazing amount of knowledge, but it's MUCH more than that if one chooses to use it. It simply brings people together and creates friendships that may have never came about without the site. Friends you can make that live halfway across the country or world in certain cases. A way to stay in touch with said friends and keep creating new ones.

For Aaron and I and the rest of the WNYers it started about 2 years ago when we first met here on THP and got together for a little golf. Golf was the driving force of our friendship, but that changed, and fast. Never once did Aaron look at me as just another 22-23 year old kid which I appreciated. There may have been a gap in years between us, but that didn't stop us from becoming great friends and sharing our love for such a great game together. Not a day goes by that we don't talk golf, equipment, PGA Tour stuff and everyday life stuff in general. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little sad or disappointed when I found out Aaron would be moving, at first thought I felt like I was losing a playing partner and a friend. The more I thought about it I felt that I was being selfish and I should be happy for Aaron not disappointed for my self and then I realized that I'm not losing anything because I know we'll still be in communication and just because we won't be playing together as frequently, does not mean we won't be getting together for rounds as much as life allows us to.

For you THPers in Indiana, you guys are getting a great THPer and one I would suggest trying to make friends with and a playing partner because you're gaining not only a great player, but a great person who makes a best friend.

To Aaron, I hope this thread doesn't embarrass ya bud, but I wanted to say Good Luck on the new job and hope you make the best of it and can't wait for our first round in Indy together!!

Aaron is an awesome guy and he knows already how much I appreciate his friendship and wish him the best in Indy and can't wait to see him in a few weeks.

Aaron is an awesome guy and he knows already how much I appreciate his friendship and wish him the best in Indy and can't wait to see him in a few weeks.

Make sure you give him a little hell in Indy for me. If you're playing against him and need a little edge, right before one of his tee shots, just remind him to "Not tighten his forearms" works every time! ;)

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Aaron, yet, but I look forward to meeting him in Indy this year and hopefully a few more rounds this year as well.

Congrats and good luck with the move, Aaron. I'm looking forward to teeing it up in a few weeks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great post Six, good luck with the new opportunity Aaron.

Best of luck Aaron!

Good luck Aaron! Excited to hear about your new opportunity

Good luck, Aaron!

Best of luck with the new job and move Aaron!

Good luck Aaron.

Good luck & hope you get settled in quickly.

Good luck Aaron!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck Aaron, Indy is a great city, have fun!

Great post jimmy and good luck to Aaron.

Great post. Good luck Aaeon

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Aaron, yet, but I look forward to meeting him in Indy this year and hopefully a few more rounds this year as well.

Looking forward to it as well. If you want to get a round in before Indy let me know!

Wow Jimmy - not sure what to say - yeah a little embarassed. :alien: Don't think for one second that now that I am away, I am not keeping an eye on your progess for the MC.

This new adventure is possibly the toughest one in my life to date, moving away from family and a lot of great THPers. But I am excited and looking forward to the new opportunity in my career, living in an area I have always wanted to spend more time in, meeting even more THPers and getting a chance to play a few more rounds with the THPers I have already gotten to know.

If anyone gets up into WNY, do not hesitate to contact guys like Jimmy or moosejaa, Maddog, Shankosarous and Buckbug. They are the most welcoming guys you will ever meet and you enjoy every second of the time you spend with them.

Jimmy - Cleveland is about halfway between Rochester and Indy, with a bunch of great THPers as well. Let's plan on a round or two there soon!

Best of luck in your new role!

Great post Jimmy...Congrats and good luck with the move, Aaron.

What a cool post! This is what THP is all about and it brings so many life time friends together. You and Aaron will have plenty of opportunities for THP reunion trips. Aaron good luck on your new journey buddy!

Best wishes in your new location Aaron!!!

Aaron is such and awesome dude and it was a blast being partnered with him in the New England Invitational last year. Looking forward tos haring some more good times with him and the rest of the crew in Ocean City at the end of June

Good luck and best wishes on the new adventure Aaron.

Back