The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

agreed, 2012 was worse than last year. And besides Castor is as cool as the other side of the pillow.

Then I must be cool as the other side of his pillow.

Or said in Finnish - villea kuin jaa

2012 was the hottest I've ever been in my life. It was spectacular.

When your wedges have condensation on them at 7:30 in the morning it's pretty dang humid

2012 was the hottest I've ever been in my life. It was spectacular.

I'm sure you look just as attractive, if not better this year.

Wait a minute.....We're talking about temperature.

Hopefully less girth = less sweat. I won't like that picture day has been a motivational tool in this weight loss thing lol.

u5u2atat.jpg

You must hydrate to retaliate! I love this!

Such a cool idea and just a small example of what makes this a great event.

I just wanted to drop in here and say that I am so incredibly exited for this event!
No, I will not be involved, but many fine people I know are. I am stoked for these guys!

This truly is an event that is beyond description!
To wrap your head around something of this magnitude, that is done for you guys is truly amazing!
The equipment ponders, the prep, the banter, the excitement really is awesome to follow along.

Cherish every moment guys, make every moment of perpetration count, and put on one hell of a show in July!

I personally cannot wait!

It's just a bag that can be used for water, or you can put water in it then put it in the freezer and have an ice pack, and then when the ice melts you still have water to drink.

So it's not just good looking, but practical at the same time? Tell us more Morgan..

Love how you and JB are pulling out all the stops for this and all of the other events. Makes everything about this place more special.

I had no ideas those water pouches even existed. But I'm a huge fan!

Last edited:
There will only be 1 for each participant.

edit: I think my joke about liking it so much I wanted 2 went over like a fart in church!

To right the ship--Thank you!

Last edited:

No complaints here, just lucky to be receiving something this cool - love it!

Will look fantastic next to the MC pouches from last year.

I've never seen a water bottle like that one. So cool, and will be, literally, in July. Love the idea of freezing water in it and then drinking the water as it melts.

I've never seen a water bottle like that one. So cool, and will be, literally, in July. Love the idea of freezing water in it and then drinking the water as it melts.

I agree Ken, that's a great idea in the late July heat.

Last edited:
Ha! meant July lol, it's been a terrible day!

On my drive back from Miami today I was thinKing about all 36 holes between the two courses. There isn't one hole I don't like. The course are vastly different and offer so much for so many.

True Blue with it's 5 par fives, each with it's own challenges and rewards. Caledonia with it's right fairways and lazy dog legs. Each with great greens that require solid second shots.

The various lengths of the par 3s and par 4s on both courses and the views offered by the terrain. Two of the best courses we will play in our lives. We will play these in the best event on turf.

20 carts will line the narrow path leading from the first tee back. Guys will ready themselves, rules and anniucment a will be spoken. Family and friends will offer up support, pics will be snapped and emotions released.

I remember last year like it was yesterday. There was a nervous excitement over the group, it was awesome. The power of the moment hit everyone in one way or another. The power of the guys and gals on the tee was incredible. 40 plus had come together as one. We have this to look forward to in less than 3 months. Remember that moment and lock it away in your minds. It will bring to a great place when you recall it.

We have built something greater than all of us and we should all be proud. EVERYONE has had a hand in it and for that I am thankful. As I sit and watch my kids play I thank god for them and that I will be able to share this with them one day. It gives me goose bumps thinking about it.

I know this process is hard but everything that is good had to be worked for and you guys are working. I read it, I feel it and I appreciate it. To a man, I am proud to be a part of this with you. Every helping hand, encouraging word and though we get from the forum makes it all worth it. Every person we don't see or know or hear makes it worth it. The Morgan Cup will be digested by a great many. They will see what you all worked so hard to achieve. That right there is worth every single extra swing, putt and read we've made over the past 9 months. Soak it all in, thank me later. I thank all of now in advance because you earned it.

Wow Freddie, you know how to give a guy goosebumps! When I got picked for this event, I had no real idea what it was going to be like, and I had no idea what I was capable of on a golf course. With the help and encouragement of members of this forum (both participant and non-participants alike), I am seeing what I can do, and I'm a little surprised and a lot of excited about what I'm seeing. The grind is far from over, but I'm learning things about myself and my swing that will have my game the best it has ever been when I head east for the event of a lifetime.

Won't take it long to melt either!

Thanks for those great words Freddie. They are greatly appreciated!!!

On my drive back from Miami today I was thinKing about all 36 holes between the two courses. There isn't one hole I don't like. The course are vastly different and offer so much for so many.

True Blue with it's 5 par fives, each with it's own challenges and rewards. Caledonia with it's right fairways and lazy dog legs. Each with great greens that require solid second shots.

The various lengths of the par 3s and par 4s on both courses and the views offered by the terrain. Two of the best courses we will play in our lives. We will play these in the best event on turf.

20 carts will line the narrow path leading from the first tee back. Guys will ready themselves, rules and anniucment a will be spoken. Family and friends will offer up support, pics will be snapped and emotions released.

I remember last year like it was yesterday. There was a nervous excitement over the group, it was awesome. The power of the moment hit everyone in one way or another. The power of the guys and gals on the tee was incredible. 40 plus had come together as one. We have this to look forward to in less than 3 months. Remember that moment and lock it away in your minds. It will bring to a great place when you recall it.

We have built something greater than all of us and we should all be proud. EVERYONE has had a hand in it and for that I am thankful. As I sit and watch my kids play I thank god for them and that I will be able to share this with them one day. It gives me goose bumps thinking about it.

I know this process is hard but everything that is good had to be worked for and you guys are working. I read it, I feel it and I appreciate it. To a man, I am proud to be a part of this with you. Every helping hand, encouraging word and though we get from the forum makes it all worth it. Every person we don't see or know or hear makes it worth it. The Morgan Cup will be digested by a great many. They will see what you all worked so hard to achieve. That right there is worth every single extra swing, putt and read we've made over the past 9 months. Soak it all in, thank me later. I thank all of now in advance because you earned it.

Freddie, thanks for that. It pulled my day and my head out of the dumpster.

Back