Project X LZ Handmade Shaft - The Creation

The contest is already up.
See Tour Section.

Thanks JB I was scrolling through unread stuff and saw this first.

I must have one of these ASAP!

I just love this shaft. I really hope somehow I win that contest and have this ready to go for the Indy invitational.

I just love this shaft. I really hope somehow I win that contest and have this ready to go for the Indy invitational.

Have you hit it?

Have you hit it?

No. Im just talking from a handbuilt, looks, specs standpoint. Customized for thp!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

No. Im just talking from a handbuilt, looks, specs standpoint. Customized for thp!

Oh I got excited for some thoughts on someone who's actually hit one. Lol

Playing this tomorrow in the Big Bertha Alpha. Pretty excited to get it out there.

Excited to hear what you think of this shaft JB.

I absolutely love the looks of this one. Hope you hit it well, JB.

Well I bit the bullet. Lz70 6.0 coming for the alpha.

Playing this tomorrow in the Big Bertha Alpha. Pretty excited to get it out there.

Thanks for letting me hit this combo over the weekend JB. Even though I didn't get on the monitor with it it was long and felt fantastic.

I could really feel the shaft release/kick the club head into the ball and that feeling is amazing. Do not take that as whippy cause it's not at all.

The flight I got was awesome and pierced through the ridiculous sat AM wind.

azyda2am.jpg

This thing is freaking sweet. You can feel the wraps in the load zone in the shaft. Trying to decide how long to trim it putting the tip on today. Stay at 47 or go a little shorter.

Buck that thing looks so awesome.

It's really one of the best looking shafts I've seen in a while. But I'm more interested in the technology behind this one. I really think it's gonna be a great fit for exactly what I'm looking for.

Buck that shaft is killer looking!

What are you looking to get out of it that your current shaft doesn't give you.

It's really one of the best looking shafts I've seen in a while. But I'm more interested in the technology behind this one. I really think it's gonna be a great fit for exactly what I'm looking for.

Cant wait to see it Saturday.

It just feels so stable, yet you can tell it's active during the swing in a good way. It's a very cool shaft for sure. The graphics on it though are distracting because they're just so cool looking you catch yourself looking at it at address for a moment or two haha

This is pretty awesome

Buck that shaft is killer looking!

What are you looking to get out of it that your current shaft doesn't give you.

It's not that I am not happy with my current shaft. I honestly love my b asha in my x hot driver. I'm a big feel guy with my driver I like to know where my club head is during my swing. So good feel nothing to stiff that I can't feel the head. I tend to move towards a heavier shaft and not as stiff instead of a stiffer flex and lighter shaft. 70 grams is usually the best for me and Always has worked well for me. I am hoping for a little less spin and a decent launch. It's low launch but from what I've seen not to low so this should fit me well keep my distance and gain some accuracy off the tee. That's another reason I'm pondering going shorter than 47" even if it's just a half an inch shorter see how it works for me.

azyda2am.jpg

This thing is freaking sweet. You can feel the wraps in the load zone in the shaft. Trying to decide how long to trim it putting the tip on today. Stay at 47 or go a little shorter.

Looks amazing, Buck. Got a chance to see/hit JB's last weekend and was instantly impressed. They are works or art!

yqama6yr.jpg

Lots of thoughts after about a small bucket on the range. Looks are amazing not distracting to much when I'm actually using it but it's def an eye catcher. My swing isn't where it should be by any means working on quite a few things and just haven't played much but here's what I noticed most about this shaft it seems whippy but it isn't as whippy as it seems when swinging it. It's hard to explain it's pretty stiff and where the loading zone is where there isn't any graphics it's not as stiff. I did a ton of monkeying with my alpha today I tried almost every setting ended up staying +2 neutral with the gravity core down at the end of the session. I kept my driver shaft playing at 47" and I went 6.0 in the 70 gram shaft I think I could have easily went 6.5 and I think that's the one thing I'm gonna ponder most as I move forward with this shaft. Here's what I def know about the shaft though you don't have to swing hard to get this shaft to load properly and I could feel the club head during my swing. I'm sure the alpha head helped that because it's heavier but man when I hit a good shot it was crushed but more importantly to me is how straight they were going. It hit some bad shots for sure but they seemed to be fighting to go straight. I really think this combo is gonna be a fairway finder for me. The other big surprise was launch it was launching at a great angle for me and I was seeing a really good ball flight at +2 I tried standard 9.5 and +1 and both would be very useful in windy conditions if I want a lower ball flight. That was my only concern going into this without trying the shaft first. I had issues with the matrix black tie with low spin and low launch last year this was a lot better and more of a low mid flight for me and the +2 really gave me a perfect launch. I think I'm gonna need to work on just grooving my swing and getting used to the shaft it is a little different and it took a few swings to start getting used to the shaft but the shots I was hitting with a easy smooth swing was ridiculous you would have thought I was swinging out of my shoes. Should have it out for a few rounds this weekend I'll have more feedback then but from my range session today it's knocking my xhot basha combo from the bag for at least the time being. See how it does on the course.

You know that feeling you get just prior to impact that you hope the club head is where it is supposed be? Well on my first three swings with this shaft in my Big Bertha I had that feeling. I had no clue what to expect with the shaft.

PX and I have not exactly gotten along in the past but today was a different story. I aimed done the right center of the FW and hit a high draw that finished 100'out from the green. I adjusted my aim point to the center and saw the same ball flight with the same result. The third ball produced the same result.

qyju8a9a.jpg

I did nothing special but swing through the ball. By the time I hit the third ball I knew where the club head was going to be. I had an idea of what my ball flight would look like. There was no flinching in the golf swing to square the club face.

The rest of the practice session was much of the same. Sure I put a few bad swings and saw typical bad swing results. These swings were a result of alignment and nothing more. When everything was moving down the line I saw solid trajectory and good spin. Time will tell with this shaft but first time out it was pleasing to see.

I have GOT to stop reading all of this. Would love to try one of these out, and I traditionally do not care for PX.

Back