MobiCoach - Mobile Coaching App Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I live in a small town where quality instruction is just not available, so even the most expensive coach on the app would actually be cheaper for me when you consider travel expense and time lost to get to a lesson. This sounds like something that will really be a good thing. I like that you can purchase a 15 minute session too, I agree that the instructor usually spends the last 45 minutes of most lessons just reinforcing what they want you to work on. Great review and great idea.

This kind of cool really. Golf instruction to more remote or rural areas where instruction availability may be limited. Or in your garage over the winter months. Are all coaches California based? That would kill early morning lessons for the east coast crowd. Nice write up James

Great review James, this is really one of the coolest things I've seen in quite awhile.

Especially for those in rural areas or those wanting instruction over winter from the comfort of their own home.

Really interesting, and takes something like SwingFix to the next level. Doing everything in real time makes a lot of sense. I'm one of the people who'll have to wait for the Android app, though. But definitely intriguing!

Im definitely interested in this. Its tough finding a good instructor and good location but for 15 min its a good introductory period and also less $. Lessons are really my next focus but i want to mKe sure i get a good coach at affordable rates.

Using Tapatalk

This kind of cool really. Golf instruction to more remote or rural areas where instruction availability may be limited. Or in your garage over the winter months. Are all coaches California based? That would kill early morning lessons for the east coast crowd. Nice write up James

Nope, they're all over the US Kevin, it's really pretty cool what technology is doing now. I can also say if I didn't have my local pro I worked with so well, This would be the way I go.

Thanks buddy

Thorough work here James!
I think this is awesome. Doesn't necessarily replace the value of an in-person lesson, but does make instruction more accessible to those that can't/won't go the traditional route.

Thorough work here James!
I think this is awesome. Doesn't necessarily replace the value of an in-person lesson, but does make instruction more accessible to those that can't/won't go the traditional route.

Agreed completely, I know some will scoff at the notion of it (I did initially), but it works and works really well. Seamlessly in fact.

Intrigues me, bring on the Android!

I like this idea, set up is easy and straight forward. The access to all of the instructors is an awesome touch. As others have mentioned, being in a Rural Area, we are pretty limited to a selection of instructors, so this would help.

This will be the next big thing in golf. Now there is absolutely NO reason why people can not get lessons. I have a parent of one of my students who wants me to help get her son into golf this summer. She wants to pay me to give basic lessons. I am by NO means a qualified to give lessons but I can get the boy started and show him the basics and help there. After he gets that down I think I will use this app to help him.

I can see this app being used across junior, high school, and college golf. Like I said in my first sentence this will be the next big thing in golf.

Great write up Jman. This is a fantastic idea. Video is a huge part of lessons anyways. So if you can get video and send it, it makes sense your coach can be anywhere. Pretty cool.

This is pretty darn interesting, especially for many of us with limited time and available instructors. I can't wait to hear how this works longer term.

Nice job James, as someone that has a swingtip and lives in one of those rural areas without instructors, I will definitely be giving this a shot.

I like this idea. $20 is not that bad, especally compared to $50 - $who knows for 30 min to an hour. I've found, I work better with video and measureable factors than someone that teaches by feel. My only concerns would be signal strgneth and data usage. You said it was minimal, but it still seems like it could be a lot. I guess the question is, how much is minimal?
That and...waiting for Android.

I like this idea. $20 is not that bad, especally compared to $50 - $who knows for 30 min to an hour. I've found, I work better with video and measureable factors than someone that teaches by feel. My only concerns would be signal strgneth and data usage. You said it was minimal, but it still seems like it could be a lot. I guess the question is, how much is minimal?
That and...waiting for Android.

Minimal to the point that I saw no discernable difference in my useage while the testing was ongoing. By limiting the size of the clips to 8 seconds and the fact that the front camera is lower quality the useage was really good.

Seems like a great remote option for people without resources close, or just want something a bit more convenient as well.

Back