2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - PGA National

It's a beauty dude. The first place I ever shot under 100 on a full length course. I believe that was Sept 2010 and I still have the e6 I used sitting on a shelf in my basement.

So my guess is very fair off the tee, but it makes you work pretty hard on approach, especially if your tee shot fell off the wrong way?

So my guess is very fair off the tee, but it makes you work pretty hard on approach, especially if your tee shot fell off the wrong way?

Yea, it's pretty typical Palmer from what I recall - with a linksy layout. Greens that have some character to them (including a double green), gives you some options off the tee. Lots of waste areas with what I want to say is coquina shell? I may be mixing up courses there though.

My faith in you is wavering.... PGA National will be somewhat less ridiculously awesome fun without you.

He won't be able to rock out to your fine selection of the Pitch Perfect soundtrack?

Logistical prep continues...5 days of child care 100% finalized.

Speaking of the Bear Trap, I think you guys are really going to enjoy the Palmer Course too. You have to experience the Champ, but if I had to choose between the two for a daily choice it would be the Palmer. Great layout.

It really is. A good mix of tough, dog legs that make you think off the tee and some easy par 3s with little trouble. The par 5 #18 is quite narrow off the tee and makes you rethink going for it in two with a peninsula-shaped green. I laid up and hit my approach into the front bunker which had a wooden ladder to get down in the trap. What a cool finishing hole.

The more I hear about the courses available there, the more excited I get about getting into this event. Everything about it just screams "awesome"!

So.....this is all going down on Wednesday!

TONS and TONS of talk about this one this past weekend. Lots of people tossing their names in for 1 of 32 coveted spots. And while I played 2 solid courses this weekend its crazy to think just how much more amazing PGA National will end up being...and thats just the golf part!

After going 4 for 4 in the invitationals attendance wise, I think going to the Championship is a no brainer!

Lots of folks are going to be trying for this one, I hope to be one of the lucky ones but at any rate good luck to everyone trying to get in, I know this one will be just above and beyond expectations.

I still have three chances to get into this great event. The next one comes Wednesday at 1 pm, and I'll be right here trying my best to be quick enough. But, I'll still be trying to win at Indy or Ocean City.

Wednesday can't come soon enough.

Will the signup instructions have their own thread or be posted here?

They will be in the 1st post.

The wife and I talked about this last evening on our way home. From the sounds of it she is all for me trying to make it in. Wed will be one exciting day.

Bump for the night crowd. About a day and a half until sign ups!

Tomorrow is the day!!!

If you are on the fence for this I would encourage you to get off the fence and on the list. Two more extended THP events under my belt and I can promise you there is no better golf event period. Its not in the cards for me this year but if you can make the trip I urge you to do whatever it takes to get signed up and get a spot.

Out of pocket and no decent cell service, game plan made and hope it's executed well

Absolutely hate it but I'm going to have to hold off registering. Not sure if I'll be available the weekend of the event. Might be needed for work.

I will have to win my way into this in OC as I will be on the road at this time tomorrow.

it can happen

I really wish I could make this but with the cost of the MC and trying to buy a house there is just no way I can make this happen. Even if by a miracle I win a spot, I will have to beg and plead with my wife.

I really wish I could make this but with the cost of the MC and trying to buy a house there is just no way I can make this happen. Even if by a miracle I win a spot, I will have to beg and plead with my wife.

Then get ready to beg!!!

Back