The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the range and hit some balls today. I truly believe my journey to getting my game back to were it was 6yrs ago is close.

Swing is feeling good. Im able to hit my fade on command. Which is my go to shot. Starting to feel very confident over the ball, which could be my rise or downfall .. :)

Got some range time in today, haven't swung a club in a week so was getting the feel back into the swing. Focused on creating lag and extending down the target line tonight. Was still hit or miss, more work to do but when I was executing well I was liking what I saw.

Ricky doing work, wtg buddy!

Lesson outdoors tomorrow. That should be fun for a change. Feel like I'm really close. Took some video today. Backswing is shorter and more connected and I'm really getting to my left side. Just need about 1/4 less of a backswing and to work on keeping my upper body behind the ball a little more. When I am able to do that I'm hitting the ball pretty well.

Tonight was another case of "almost there, but no". I'm hitting irons good and wedges great but I just can't figure out what's wrong with my driver/3w/5w swing.

More work to be done.

Hit the range tonight. From some suggestions about my swing ie) my grip is too strong, aimed right and coming too much from the inside. Started with the grip it was no bueno. Back to my normal grip, loosened tension a little by breathing techniques. After I did that most of my shots were very consistent. Still needs more work but I see quite a bit of improvement

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Dev your swing is looking really good dude keep up the hard work, it's certainly paying off.

Had an awesome lesson tonight. We worked on driver tonight and trying to pick up some distance. Came away very pleased. Here is a video of my last swing:

Next lesson is in 2 weeks and we are going to work on short game.

Who do you see for lessons?

Who do you see for lessons?

Gary is my instructor at PGASS in Paramus. Super nice guy and knowledgeable. If you sign up for the game improvement pack it's $229 for 1 60 minute evaluation and 5 45 minute lessons.

Was a solid day yesterday, seeing things come together just drives me to push even more.

• 1 bag of nothing but feet together 1/2-3/4 swings, 5i, 8i, PW to keep ingraining that SWINGING the club and not THROWING the club to help get on the inside out. Hate this drill, but its paying off.
  • 1 bag of 6i, 8i, PW full swings
  • 1 bag at 115 and 100, trying to dial in what my go-to 115 club is, ideally it is LW-85, SW-100, and GW-115 for those scoring zone shots, problem is ingraining the swing length to hit those numbers, being that I took FULL swings with my wedges for so long (115 was my LW once upon a time...dumb) getting used to the proper swing lengths to hit numbers consistently has been a battle. It'll get there.
  • Played 9 from 3500, worked on hitting spots off the tee and linger clubs into greens, this work will continue.

Good work Jamesman.

Nice work Jman, loving all the focus you are putting on the different clubs and not just banging balls with the same routine over and over

Was a solid day yesterday, seeing things come together just drives me to push even more.

• 1 bag of nothing but feet together 1/2-3/4 swings, 5i, 8i, PW to keep ingraining that SWINGING the club and not THROWING the club to help get on the inside out. Hate this drill, but its paying off.
  • 1 bag of 6i, 8i, PW full swings
  • 1 bag at 115 and 100, trying to dial in what my go-to 115 club is, ideally it is LW-85, SW-100, and GW-115 for those scoring zone shots, problem is ingraining the swing length to hit those numbers, being that I took FULL swings with my wedges for so long (115 was my LW once upon a time...dumb) getting used to the proper swing lengths to hit numbers consistently has been a battle. It'll get there.
  • Played 9 from 3500, worked on hitting spots off the tee and linger clubs into greens, this work will continue.

JMan is there some video of this drill?

Good work Jamesman.

I can't wait for school to let out, I'll get daily range work. It'll be bliss.

Nice work Jman, loving all the focus you are putting on the different clubs and not just banging balls with the same routine over and over

Practicing with a purpose has changed everything for me. I also know that if things start to go REALLY well, or REALLY awry, I just walk away to wither keep a good feeling or to not ingrain an off one. We all know some days things are just a bit off, luckily I'm seeing less and less of those "trainwreck" days as I like to call them. GOT to get better from 115 and in as well as chipping.

JMan is there some video of this drill?

Nope. Its just a little drill my instructor has me really focusing on, you don't hit the ball far or high with it, its just about the motion of dropping the club in and swinging around, triangle to triangle.

Gonna hit the range at lunch as tune up for Indy.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Tonight was another case of "almost there, but no". I'm hitting irons good and wedges great but I just can't figure out what's wrong with my driver/3w/5w swing.

More work to be done.

We must be having brain waves right now or something, cause this is where I'm still at. I think I may have finally figured out what causes my hooks on the course though, at the range last night I was able to duplicate them by "playing the course" on the range, i.e. hitting the same succession of shots I'd theoretically hit on the course (driver, 7i, 5w, 8i, ...). Not allowing myself to get in a groove caused those misses to rear their ugly heads, and I think it has to do with me getting lazy on alignment at address and smothering the ball a bit with the driver/wood clubheads - essentially forward pressing off the tee with those clubs like I would with an iron shot, which is excessive, and unconsciously setting up in a draw alignment, since I usually play a draw with my iron shots. I think this will be my new method of practice at the range, because Lord knows my usualy routine isn't cutting it. Hoping to see some more progress next time out!

Doing work last night with Full Swing/Orange whip alternating shots. The Whip really gets me into tempo and groove, then using the 8 iron and the SC100 I make sure I am getting around the expected distances with each swing--all on video replay to check positions. This is really helping me get the feel of the new swing changes--just need it to become a move I don't have to think about every time. Tired or lazy swings fall back to old habits--love that the video helps me see that right away so I am not just reinforcing bad habits.

Did some on course practicing last night. Worked on shots from 130-150 yards and then some short game stuff with some nasty lies. Tonight the wife is out so I'm going to be spend about 2 hours at the range ingraining some things from my latest lesson.

Lesson #6 booked for tomorrow at 5pm.

Hoping to get the iron swing locked down, would really only like to focus 1-2 more lessons on that and then work on short game, sand shots, and a few other things for the back half of the lesson package.

Did some on course practicing last night. Worked on shots from 130-150 yards and then some short game stuff with some nasty lies. Tonight the wife is out so I'm going to be spend about 2 hours at the range ingraining some things from my latest lesson.

Nice Deano, I plan on having a solid session today myself before bday dinner for my grandma. Lots of numbers practice for me, and chipping, a TON of chipping.

Lesson #6 booked for tomorrow at 5pm.

Hoping to get the iron swing locked down, would really only like to focus 1-2 more lessons on that and then work on short game, sand shots, and a few other things for the back half of the lesson package.

I like it, lessons and ten practice to ingrain the changes dude, the combination of the two is lethal. Hard work always pays off.

3 practice swings feeling the clubface and slam . Than 5 shots .. 1 fat .. Rest ok ( between rain) . Bad thing is that we always remember the bad ones . Ok, pouring now

Nice Deano, I plan on having a solid session today myself before bday dinner for my grandma. Lots of numbers practice for me, and chipping, a TON of chipping.

I like it, lessons and ten practice to ingrain the changes dude, the combination of the two is lethal. Hard work always pays off.

Yeha dude we have been back and forth on 2 different swings, its time to lock one down and bust my rear to get that engrained. Just gonna keep plugging away til it clicks

3 practice swings feeling the clubface and slam . Than 5 shots .. 1 fat .. Rest ok ( between rain) . Bad thing is that we always remember the bad ones . Ok, pouring now

Very true, the bad ones always stick in the head and irritate like nothing else.

But damn do the good ones make them go away.

Time to go to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back