The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Whatever it is, can I call dibs on not going 1st again?

#nervewracking

No way, going first is awesome. Playdough and I had some fun with that.

No way, going first is awesome. Playdough and I had some fun with that.

I mean for the promos, #1 overall without seeing what to do was kinda crazy lol

DIdnt turn out as bad as I thought though

I mean for the promos, #1 overall without seeing what to do was kinda crazy lol

DIdnt turn out as bad as I thought though

I know. I went first with Playdough doing Cobra. My promos were done by 9:20 and the rest of the day was just range time. It was soo much better than just waiting around.

I know. I went first with Playdough doing Cobra. My promos were done by 9:20 and the rest of the day was just range time. It was soo much better than just waiting around.

That part was cool, watching everyone else and beating balls not having to worry about it anymore

That part was cool, watching everyone else and beating balls not having to worry about it anymore

exactly. Also then you don't look like a sweaty mess on camera.

Okay gentlemen, your Saturday matchups have all been officially announced.
Your Friday will be an amazing day that NOBODY has a clue about.
Your Sunday will be filled with singles.

You have 60 days or so before the event is here and we are asking all 60 of you to meet the criteria and do so with a bang.
Show the THPers out there, those following the event and the sponsors that this event brings excitement to the community.
If 200 posts is too much to ask, then it tells us something for future events of this magnitude.

For the last 2 months of action, we have a request. Bring it.
Everybody has reached the requirements so far and for that we applaud you.
Some however have decided that their 200 posts per month should be relegated to local area chat threads or saying "welcome to THP" to new members. Nothing wrong with either of those approaches as they are with in the rules, but we are asking, maybe the better word is telling, you that the last two months, we need to see some action.

If 10 minutes a day on THP is too much to ask for, for 6-10 posts, then I am at a loss for words. As I said, everybody has done great so far, but for the last 2 months, we are going to say that local chat threads and welcome to THP posts will not count towards your 200 mark. You have plenty of time to finish off the month strong.

Come next week, THP will be meeting with each and every sponsor to discuss this event. To discuss Staff Sponsor Day. To discuss the future. Its hard to believe that in listing the 40 THPers involved, I only got to 31 before having to look. That tells me something since its my job. A...That I need to do it better. And B...That the last two months is your chance to shine.

Each of you have done a great job in this long and monumental journey and the finish line is in your sights. Some say we ask for a lot, I am not sure I agree, but lets say we do...We are asking for you to tear it up and be a part of this community for the remaining time until Staff Sponsor Day kicks off. 10 minutes a day is all we are asking. Join us in making sure the final turn is an amazing chapter.

Bumping this for those that might have missed it.

I can't wait for Friday and Staff Sponsor Day! The last week has included a lot of equipment talk with my team mates and I really enjoy seeing their selections as well as everyone else. 60 days to elevate my game, Bring It!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Just one more set of matchups to wait for, and it'll be until Saturday night for the big unveiling. Can't wait. Last few days before putting my order in. Game starting to come together. Feels like the boat is picking up speed, rushing toward an amazing weekend. So very exciting to be a part of all this. Thanks to THP, for putting on this spectacular event, and thanks to THP for being part of this fantastic journey.

The uncertainty is exciting to me, and I don't think I'd use the word frightening. I'm just ready to face whatever surprises present themselves at Staff Sponsor Day and the weekend as a whole. I'm already playing with house money here...lucky to be in the event again, lucky to be leading Team Hackers and the seven other great guys who compose it's ranks, lucky to be with an outstanding sponsor (as they all are), lucky to just be a THP member with all the great people and exciting things going on here.

The uncertainty is exciting to me, and I don't think I'd use the word frightening. I'm just ready to face whatever surprises present themselves at Staff Sponsor Day and the weekend as a whole. I'm already playing with house money here...lucky to be in the event again, lucky to be leading Team Hackers and the seven other great guys who compose it's ranks, lucky to be with an outstanding sponsor (as they all are), lucky to just be a THP member with all the great people and exciting things going on here.

Completely agree dude. Sponsor day to me is an extension of what we do on here everyday. Talk gear. Just in a way cooler format and in person.

Staff Sponsor Day is something I'm really looking forward to. It's one thing to sit on a launch monitor and try out different equipment. It'll be another to put it in play out on the course, and get a chance to really voice your thoughts on it, not only with your sponsor but to the community, both THP and the golfers, at large. Just very exciting, and an opportunity to really represent our organizations well.

Staff Sponsor Day is something I'm really looking forward to. It's one thing to sit on a launch monitor and try out different equipment. It'll be another to put it in play out on the course, and get a chance to really voice your thoughts on it, not only with your sponsor but to the community, both THP and the golfers, at large. Just very exciting, and an opportunity to really represent our organizations well.

Complete with a tour rep on site!!!

I love the fact that Sponsor Day this year for me could be something I have no clue about, equipment wise, until a very few weeks before we leave.

#Exciting&Unknown

I love the fact that Sponsor Day this year for me could be something I have no clue about, equipment wise, until a very few weeks before we leave.

#Exciting&Unknown

Totally. Man I am wearing out the cleveland and srixon websites.

I will love seeing old friends and new enemies. I will love sharing in the excitement of seeing the bags lined up on Friday.

I will most enjoy treating this Morgan Cup like it's the last and making my mark on the history of the event.

I only check on this thread once every few weeks. It's in a much better place than the last time I checked in. The matchups look great, and you guys all have to be super excited for the rest of your journey. Stop. Smell rose. Continue.

I only check on this thread once every few weeks. It's in a much better place than the last time I checked in. The matchups look great, and you guys all have to be super excited for the rest of your journey. Stop. Smell rose. Continue.

Totally true my man. Well put.

I've kept myself from posting "this is awesome" posts in to this thread without any further content, but now I have to do it. This is awesome, the staff sponsor day is going to be just amazing, no idea what, but it will be a day to remember. Until Saturday morning when everything I've ever known about golf, will vanish from my head standing on that tee box.

To be traveling again across the world to play golf, sponsored by THE OEM, TaylorMade, is just unbelievable. It's more than an event, it's THE EVENT. Thank you, not only THP, GG & JB, but thank you all for being involved. Let's make some memories!

I've cancelled out of state work because I need to put in even more work and with the Saturday pairings made known and posts made...I want to be back home now. Constantly on my mind, constantly wondering, every minute knowing I have no clue what is going to happen. So much excitement to be able to be a part of not only the most Ultimate Golf Event ever, but the most anticipated sporting event of my life.

Looking forward to bringing the best of me4u. So much more work to be done!

I've cancelled out of state work because I need to put in even more work and with the Saturday pairings made known and posts made...I want to be back home now. Constantly on my mind, constantly wondering, every minute knowing I have no clue what is going to happen. So much excitement to be able to be a part of not only the most Ultimate Golf Event ever, but the most anticipated sporting event of my life.

Looking forward to bringing the best of me4u. So much more work to be done!

Few short weeks bro. Time is flying by and every minute I am not raising my game hurts me mentally.

Lots of positive action in this thread today with matchups and pondering. So good to see and very exciting times await. Saturday is going to be a fun fun day. Make no mistake Saturday will be a mental and physical test for one and all. The weekend will be a rollercoaster ride of your senses.

Lots of positive action in this thread today with matchups and pondering. So good to see and very exciting times await. Saturday is going to be a fun fun day. Make no mistake Saturday will be a mental and physical test for one and all. The weekend will be a rollercoaster ride of your senses.

Front car, middle car or in the back, I just can't wait to get on the roller coaster ride with everyone.

Love knowing the Saturday afternoon matches and still pondering what Friday and Sunday will bring. #TheJourneyContinues.

JM

I think it could be fun if we could save all the score cards from the competition rounds and make a fun stats graphics after.

Like "Morgan Cup 2014"
256 birdies,
765 pars,
2367 swings,
25 hole in ones,
40 players,
endless new friends,
one cup.

Back