The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My yard is a disaster right now. The people across the street do nothing about the dandelions they have (their front yard is almost one acre in size) and they just mow them over. That blows all the seeds around and they land in my yard. The weather has been miserable lately, too wet to mow. That also has made the grass grow way too high. So I have a yard choked full of dandelions and tall grass. It's an eyesore and an embarrassment.

My wife is anti-chemicals and it almost got into a full scale fight before she caved about putting down something to deal with these weeds this year. But it's still going to be raining on and off for the next 48 hours, and I'll need at least another 48 hours after that to get it dry enough to start working on.

This in addition to my work life, which will be having me put in an extra 2-3 hours each night soon just to keep up.

So much for getting any real golf or practice in anytime soon. It's not like there's a THP event coming in two weeks or anything...

My yard is a disaster right now. The people across the street do nothing about the dandelions they have (their front yard is almost one acre in size) and they just mow them over. That blows all the seeds around and they land in my yard. The weather has been miserable lately, too wet to mow. That also has made the grass grow way too high. So I have a yard choked full of dandelions and tall grass. It's an eyesore and an embarrassment.

My wife is anti-chemicals and it almost got into a full scale fight before she caved about putting down something to deal with these weeds this year. But it's still going to be raining on and off for the next 48 hours, and I'll need at least another 48 hours after that to get it dry enough to start working on.

This in addition to my work life, which will be having me put in an extra 2-3 hours each night soon just to keep up.

So much for getting any real golf or practice in anytime soon. It's not like there's a THP event coming in two weeks or anything...
My wife and I canceled our gym memberships and sunk the funds into lawn service. Best compromise we ever made. Much less arguing over the outside of the house.

The marketplace. It drives me nuts. I swear there are times I am going to change the rules drastically or banish it altogether. Then I come to my senses.
But if someone cannot at least follow the rules that are stickied right there, then I struggle with sympathy.
Now let me post something that I am sure will make me even more vilified. Charity foundations. There are millions of them and so many do wonderful things.

If you want to promote one on THP, I think its only fair to ask permission to the mods so that they can verify its legitimacy. Then if people want to be a part of that through support, they can certainly do so. Selling something in the marketplace (and not following the rules to begin with) and saying its for charity and here is the organization is not the same.

Nobody has any idea if the money is headed to that organization. If you want to go that route, list the items for giveaway and tell people if they donate to ABC charity, they can have their pick of the items. That way its crystal clear the intent. Dont get mad at the mods or owners because they dont know all half a million readers THP has a month. Thats not fair and while we always want to help, there has to be black and white rules. Without them, anybody can come on THP and post stuff in the marketplace with messages like "I need this and all money is going to the Human Fun...Click here for details".

EDIT: And I want to add, this is not directed at anybody. Just came up recently and reminded me of issues. The gentleman I worked with on this recently was easy to deal with and understood perfectly.

Last edited:
36 holes scheduled for Friday, 36 for Saturday, Charity Scramble on Monday. Rain in the forecast every day. Oh, and we are heading out for our first camping trip of the year next weekend and I haven't de-wintereized the camper yet. Wait...3 days of golf and then 3 days of camping? I guess I shouldn't complain afterall.

Despite 5 attempted fixes, my air conditioner still leaks down my wall. Nothing says awesome like taking the AC out of the wall, disassembling it, cleaning it out, taking a random stab at altering the drainage, putting it back in the wall, stuffing foam around outer edges. I love doing that every weekend about as much as I love the prospect of just giving up and buying a new one, which costs 25% more than a window unit just because it's a "through the wall" unit.

~Rock

There is not a more empty purchase than tires.

If just buying for a boring commuter I agree, getting to replace a stock tire is kinda fun. Of course the price tag still sucks.

If just buying for a boring commuter I agree, getting to replace a stock tire is kinda fun. Of course the price tag still sucks.

We can't all turn on the roof lights and scream down the highway.
Haha.

I guess it's not as bad as my brothers car he's looking at 240 a tire, I should be able to keep it under 100.

Resubmitting manuscripts is a pain in the tookus. TIF files at a resolution of 300 dpi are large. Too large for an easy transfer.

We can't all turn on the roof lights and scream down the highway.
Haha.

I guess it's not as bad as my brothers car he's looking at 240 a tire, I should be able to keep it under 100.

Haha, those are long gone.

I have been lucky and haven't replaced tires in a long time. My Coopers on my truck lasted 50k, and were on it when I gave it to my dad. My Mazda had brand new tires when I bought it, and were on it when I sold it. I haven't needed them on my new car yet. I probably haven't paid for tires in 5 years. The last two times in did however cost me 1300 and 1500.

My lunch appt had to cancel.

I didn't bring lunch to work.

Hello Taco Bell (and HHJJ thread). :)

My lunch appt had to cancel.

I didn't bring lunch to work.

Hello Taco Bell (and HHJJ thread). :)

Let me guess.
Bean Burrito

Working in a room that's 142 degrees.
Your nose, teeth, ears, and eyes hurt.

And you can only do a little bit of work until you have to get out into some AC to recuperate.

Working in a room that's 142 degrees.
Your nose, teeth, ears, and eyes hurt.

And you can only do a little bit of work until you have to get out into some AC to recuperate.

Not sure what you do but I'm assuming it's a very humid environment as well?

Looks like we've got a biter in our class, folks...sigh...

I don't want to fly to Louisville this weekend. I want to play golf.

started hurting again yesterday for the first time in a few months but today my back (slipped disk) is hurting worse than it has in a long time.. can barely walk..

I want to know how many times an envelope can rip as though someone used a knife before it stops being an accident and starts being about thievery at the post office.

Ridiculous. It's hard to have confidence in many things anymore.

I want to know how many times an envelope can rip as though someone used a knife before it stops being an accident and starts being about thievery at the post office.

I'm hoping it's not in reference to what I think it is.

Well that doesn't sound good at all.

Yep. I bet it is.

I hate hate hate hate the post office, and they get away with whatever they want.

Yup. They stole an Amp Cell wrench out of the box that scarnici sent me, told me there was nothing they could do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back