Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE

Ashworth Golf Unveils Encinitas Footwear Collection

Contemporary Spikeless Model adds to Expanding Range of Golf Footwear

Carlsbad, Calif. (May 21, 2014) – Ashworth Golf, the most authentic golf brand dedicated to bringing modern style to the golf course, today announced the release of the Encinitas footwear collection to its growing lineup of golf footwear. Featuring premium materials, classic designs and subtle color pop detailing, the Encinitas is remarkably lightweight and provides premium stability and comfort for continued walkability.

i-CbzkGf2-L.png

Inspired by traditional wingtip designs, the Encinitas is the first wingtip model in Ashworth company history. Designed with the versatility to be worn both on and off the golf course, the Encinitas features classic, sophisticated styling and a lightweight, flexible spikeless outsole. Combined with an ultra-rich leather upper and a soft EVA midsole with full length cushioning, the newest spikeless model delivers excellent sustained comfort and performance in a timeless design.

“At Ashworth Golf, we challenged ourselves to create something unique and special for the golfer,” said Masun Denison, Director, Global Product Footwear Marketing, Ashworth Golf. “While the Encinitas draws inspiration from classic footwear, we’ve updated the design details and construction methods to create a product that not only looks great, but has proven performance benefits.”

Available now, the Encinitas Wingtip is available in three colorways: running white / air force blue / new navy, dark brown / tan brown / air force blue and black / black / air force blue with an MSRP of $200 USD.

For golfers preferring a spiked design, Ashworth has also launched the Kingston, the first cleated shoe in company history; highlighted by a classic saddle design with sophisticated color pop accents and seven-cleat outsole. Adding contemporary styling, the Kingston also features a leather welt construction, stitch detailing and rich leather upper with microfiber lining for a classic, elegant look.

Also available now, the Kingston is available in three colorways: white / tan brown / bordeaux, white / black / azure and aluminum / iron / tour white with an MSRP of $150 USD.

For more information on the Ashworth Encinitas and Kingston footwear collections, visit ashworthgolf.com.

i-Lwf3LCp-L.jpg

i-wXxW4FZ-L.jpg

i-tVrHJtV-L.jpg

i-BcvJMJF-L.jpg

i-Z8hCv36-L.jpg

i-ZJPqvSr-L.jpg

i-X7gSpnj-L.jpg

Last edited:
  • Admin
I will update this post with in hand picture this afternoon when a pair are expected to arrive at THP HQ.

Here are some that Mikedean441 took yesterday while at TaylorMade/adidas/Ashworth HQ.

ezudyru8.jpg

hy2a9ave.jpg

a3ynutez.jpg

a3y2a3am.jpg

Last edited:
Classic design and spikeless comfort, great move by Ashworth.

I love these shoes, based on the photos 441 was taking yesterday, I would definitely be interested in these as my "work to the course" shoes...

Can't wait to see more in hand photos GG.

I am really looking forward to some THP feedback on these.

If the traction on these is good I'll have one in each color and they'll move the Nike's to the back of the closet. I'm a huge fan of these. I'm anxious to see the clothing too.

Really liked the looks of these yesterday with the in hand pictures. Will consider getting a pair of these in the future

I love the looks of these. I cant wait to try them on and see how they feel

Oh. Those just scream comfort! I like the classic look.

I am really liking the looks of these!!

Classy looks here. Very nice.

Like the looks of these. If the comfort and traction are there it will own a pair and maybe even two.

They look nice, although I prefer the casual style golf shoes. I do like how they incorporated the spikeless design.

Good for them, just not my taste. I'm more of a modern/casual style golf shoe guy too.

seems like more and more brands are coming out with the wingtip style shoe in the last few years.

Those look really nice. They remind me of the Nike Lunar Claytons but spike less obviously. I dig em.

Such a good looking shoe! Wish I could pull off the look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The brown wingtip in the first photo is classic. This is a must have for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Classy. I'll try em out.

Those are snappy. I definitely need to try them on.

Classic and comfort pretty much sums up this line from what I saw yesterday

I can't wait to see the other colors, I actually like the wingtip, classic design!

These ones look cool, but not quite my style. The other ones from the live update thread, those were sweet!

Those look fancy. I could dig those.

Back