TaylorMade Golf - Welcome to the 2014 Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun at your fitting Andy!

Forgive me if I've missed it, but what irons are you going with?
TaylorMade has asked that we all play their latest release, SLDR S irons.

War I know you and have chatted about this. Are you planning on going same shaft in the driver and mini driver?

TaylorMade has asked that we all play their latest release, SLDR S irons.

Ah, yeah I did miss that. You know these guys have stuff figured out so you can bank on them being nothing short of MONEY!

They strongly believe their new SLDR Irons and SLDR S line is made for everyone. "Distance for all" as they say.

I'm heading out for my fitting. This will be my 1st time hitting the new TM line, I am pumped!

I just checked with the store that should have the best fitting facilities in the country...no SLDR S line for 2-3 weeks, and SLDR irons only one set and custom orders from there on. You think the set will be left handed? :D

I'm going blind, but happy blind, basically I can't go wrong :)

Wedges set
Irons set (KBS Tour, I'm safe with that)
5 wood

Mini or a hybo.

Driver...12 or 14° but the biggest question is the driver shaft...as I'm going partly blind...the stores have only stock shafts for testing...I might go wild with this one.

Short list for driver and mini driver shafts:

Tour AD-DI 6 or 7
Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Oban Kiyoshi Gold
Diamana S+ 62

Short list for driver and mini driver shafts:

Tour AD-DI 6 or 7
Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Oban Kiyoshi Gold
Diamana S+ 62

The Kiyoshi Tour Limited and Speeder 661 are on my want list, but we'l see how the fitting pans out.

Are you going to be my problem child with the ordering? Don't make me pick your bag for you. ; )

Problem child no.2 here :)

Any news on the putter questions?

DA-62, was it a Daytona or a White Smoke? Left handed..? :) (pretty please)

War I know you and have chatted about this. Are you planning on going same shaft in the driver and mini driver?
Yes, it will be the same shaft. We need to discuss shaft options soon.
I was just kidding, I think you know that, but just want to make sure.
Haha, I know!

The Famous Family man and Finnisher from Finland has Finally and Fully Finished his Fantastic bag!

I sent a message, just waiting for a response.

Thanks, I knew you would be on it :D

I don't know how to putt, so no hurry, I need to learn that first!

Answered: It's the Daytona, and all putters available to you guys come in a LH option.

I know a meme like pic that would fit here, but I'll just say...yay. ;)

Yes!!! Awesome, thanks GG!!!! That is a pretty putter!

Last edited:
I don't think I can say thank you enough to Taylormade for all they are doing for us. They are really going out of their way to make sure we have a wonderful experience.

Also, a huge thank you to our tour rep for checking into these last-minute questions we have regarding equipment availability. I know it must be stressful but please know it has been incredibly appreciated.

On another note: let's try and get our equipment selections to her on time and with as little to no change orders as possible!

Mine will be locked and loaded by Sunday!

The only club I have nailed down for sure is the putter. I'm going with the Spider Mallet 72.

The only club I have nailed down for sure is the putter. I'm going with the Spider Mallet 72.

Good pickup. The TM counter balanced putters have a great feel to them.

Awesome to watch everyone getting their equipment lined out.

I'm so close to send in my order...just a few club and shaft choices left. So basically I'm not even close :D

Risk it or play it safe...

Last edited:
I'm so close to send in my order...just a few club and shaft choices left. So basically I'm not even close :D

Risk it or play it safe...

You know your game and you know the courses. Build your bag to your strengths.

I pretty well know what my bag set up will be insofar as clubs go. I just have no clue until my fitting what shaft will be in each of them.

Fitting done. Order will be in today. So excited for Media Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back