The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Best, that is awesome man. The MC has such a far reach into many different parts of people's lives.

Thanks for all your comments.. its been inspiring.. just cant wait to meet evwryone come july and see all the work everyone else has put in to this..

So at the beggining of the year I dedicated myself to loosing a little weight, improving my swjng and lowerjng the handicap. .

I bought an outfit that was 4 inches smaller in the waist. .. well i wore it today..

Ben my spi instructor as helped with the putting, and my handicap will be at my goal come july..

Pretty amazing what the mc does to you

So happy for you, man. That is inspiring.

Good work Best!!! That is a great personal accomplishment

I was fortunate enough to play Caledonia today for the first time. For those who have not played there, we are in for an absolute treat. I got goosebumps going down the tree lined drive and I made the slight turn and saw the clubhouse and tried to imagine what I'm doing to feel in July. I have no idea how I'm gonna feel, but between True Blue and Caledonia, we couldn't ask for a better play for the Morgan Cup.

I can't wait to share this view with you all.

zu9ebu9u.jpg

I was fortunate enough to play Caledonia today for the first time. For those who have not played there, we are in for an absolute treat. I got goosebumps going down the tree lined drive and I made the slight turn and saw the clubhouse and tried to imagine what I'm doing to feel in July. I have no idea how I'm gonna feel, but between True Blue and Caledonia, we couldn't ask for a better play for the Morgan Cup.

zu9ebu9u.jpg

I so want to just hop in the car and drive down for a round. July will be here before we know it. It's going to be great meeting everyone that partook in this journey with us.

zu9ebu9u.jpg
Such an amazing hole! And view!!!

zu9ebu9u.jpg

One of the best views I've ever laid eyes on. It's an incredible finish to an incredible course

That's a good looking green Spicoli!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Nice photo Spicoli, it's truly an amazing place.

I've never seen a fishermen on 18 in the 4 or 5 rounds I've played there....not exactly the safest of spots. Haha

18th makes for one heck of a finishing hole if the match makes it that far, just like True Blue. Just perfectly designed IMO.

Trust

Trust

The Morgan Cup is truly in a league all it's own. For many many reasons that we are all aware of. A by product of this event is Trust. I say this because we know one another via the internet. Sure some have had opportunities to meet and play but a good many have not.

In 8 Sundays we will be on the course in our singles matches with guys, clubs and a vision we all have to trust. The guys you will have spent a few days with, spilled a few drinks and broken some bread. The club will have swung and become part of your game. The vision that your Captains have set forth 6 months prior will be in reach. All of these require trust, some built over time and some instant. Give into it if you haven't already let it become part of you. Because I guarantee, to a man, no one wants to least the other down.

Trust in the work you have put in and the level you have taken your game. Trust in the gear in your bag and trust what your eyes see on the course. It is all out in front of you. Play each shot as it comes and you will be fine. Play your game and trust your instincts. At the end of the day there will be one team holding the trophy but 40 guys that have bought into the vision of the event and will be better for it.

People ask how can a golf event affect your life. "It's just a golf event" "it's just guys getting together for a good time" "what's the big deal" Well when you have pushed yourself to attain a level in your game you never thought you could it makes on wonder what else they are capable of in life. Shots have been hit that you have only imagined. Physical limitation have been knocked over, skills have been sharpened. This is a direct result of trust, which for most has to be earned.

The morgan cup cup will be and has always been something different to each person. Their path is their own but whether you know it or not. The core of the event has been realized by all and will live on far after the event is over. This can be built upon or just left in the memory banks, your choice. But make no mistake, this group has trusted the vision and trust will get you through to the end. What you are seeing is not a fleeting moment, it's real and it's right here right now.

8 weekends gentleman, just 8 more weekends and we will be in the thick of it. You've come this far and have some much to reflect on. Trust what has gotten you here and the reflection will be that much more special.

Wow. Tadashi, I'll just be following along in 8 weekends, but that gave me goosebumps. Very well said, sir.

Grind Time

Grind Time

Summer is around the corner and I have really enjoyed reading up on everyone's progress is the Practice Range, Live Round, What did you shoot and your very own equipment threads for each OEM. I love seeing the excitement from all the new guys. I love seeing the advise and guiding from the vets. It's one event that bring everyone on THP together for many different goals to get accomplished.

Like Tadashi said, 8 weekends to go. Everything I've been doing in practice and playing has gotten me to these last 8 weekends. The grinding and refining phase of the MC prep starts now. Our time is precious as we all have careers and families to take care of along the way of this journey. I know many of us are really really close in getting to where we want to be. Peak at the right time. Let the game come together at the right time. If it's not, do not worry. Many guys came into the MC weekend not happy where they were and had some doubts. But almost each one of them had the light switch click when they stepped onto the grounds of True Blue and Caledonia and played some wonderful golf that weekend. It will happen and when it does it is a glorious thing to have happen.

Keep grinding boys!!

That's an amazing photo JeffJohn. It's always a great reminder to see how beautiful that course is. Definitely one of my favorites.

Eight weeks. Eight. Weeks. It's going to be here before we know it. I need to go hit some balls.

Let me just paint a story here. You hvae heard much of it before. It goes a little something like this.
The event was dead.
Then it came back.
Then it was frustrating.
Blah Blah Blah.

Here we are 8 weeks out and let me tell you guys something.
YOU GUYS ALL EFFIN ROCKED IT!

Give yourself a pat on the back. Give each of your 39 other brothers a round of applause. What a journey. What a process. And it is just about here.

Thank you.

Let me just paint a story here. You hvae heard much of it before. It goes a little something like this.
The event was dead.
Then it came back.
Then it was frustrating.
Blah Blah Blah.

Give yourself a pat on the back. Give each of your 39 other brothers a round of applause. What a journey. What a process. And it is just about here.

Thank you.

We are just getting started brother!

Nice photo Spicoli, it's truly an amazing place.

I've never seen a fishermen on 18 in the 4 or 5 rounds I've played there....not exactly the safest of spots. Haha

18th makes for one heck of a finishing hole if the match makes it that far, just like True Blue. Just perfectly designed IMO.

The guy's wife was in a lawn chair in the boat. We were joking that he was positioning her in the line of fire on purpose.

The hole sets up for drama, especially with the pin being right in front of the clubhouse.

That's an amazing photo JeffJohn. It's always a great reminder to see how beautiful that course is. Definitely one of my favorites.

Eight weeks. Eight. Weeks. It's going to be here before we know it. I need to go hit some balls.

It looks like a beauty but can be a beast as I found out this weekend.

It's coming up fast. Time to take it up a notch and make the most of this opportunity.

Yes!!! The journey comes to a climax in 8 weeks and it will be unforgettable!

The event was dead.
Then it came back.
Then it was frustrating.
Blah Blah Blah.

Thank you.

Just got goosebumps reading this and literally had to pull over.

8 weeks until all the hard work is put to the test!!!

So in 9 weeks will you look back and say you gave it your all?

I honestly think I will, I will have done everything I could to better myself and get ready for the challenge. Its easy to say that until I look back on the event in hind sight and see what could have been done differently, but I'll know I gave it my all.

So in 9 weeks will you look back and say you gave it your all?

I honestly think I will, I will have done everything I could to better myself and get ready for the challenge. Its easy to say that until I look back on the event in hind sight and see what could have been done differently, but I'll know I gave it my all.

I am meeting all of my goals except for one. I won't regret it if I don't, but I will have to reevaluate what it would take to get it done.

I am ready to go. I will continue grinding and doing my absolute best. This has been an awesome yet frustrating process at times. The frustration comes from me wanting to be the best I can be for my teammates and THP. It will all be worth it.

My game is the best it has ever been. I've worked all winter for these two days in July. My game will be in the best shape it has ever been. It's time to #refineandgrind

Im reading this thread and smiling. Sitting here on the couch with Duke next to me and GG a few cushions away and smiling from ear to ear. Bring it boys...And I made one promise...

This will be the best damn Morgan Cup that there has ever been. Prepare to be blown away, because you 40 deserve it and I always keep my promises.

Thank you.

Im reading this thread and smiling. Sitting here on the couch with Duke next to me and GG a few cushions away and smiling from ear to ear. Bring it boys...And I made one promise...

This will be the best damn Morgan Cup that there has ever been. Prepare to be blown away, because you 40 deserve it and I always keep my promises.

Thank you.

I freakin LOVE it! This journey has been unforgettable. From the numerous times entering the contests, hearing my name called in the video (still brings me chills), and the preparation work so far... all incredible memories. To think it will only get better next two months!!!

Back