The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm not surprised Johnny is walking to his own beat. Sorry Cleveland fans

I said he reminds me of Ryan Leaf, his antics in Vegas do not surprise me. I actually expected it.

That actually might be a good stop gap for a year.

I was thinking the same thing, I wonder how the Cleveland fans will react to him as the year begins and maybe he even plays. Do you boo your own starting QB?
I don't think most Cleveland care at this point. You know he is young, he'll bring us wins. When he is a bust is when all the suppressed feelings will come out.

If he had fallen to the third or forth round I think it would have been good for him. He has this chip on his shoulder and attitude that it's him against the world.
I said he reminds me of Ryan Leaf, his antics in Vegas do not surprise me. I actually expected it.

Let's hope he doesn't end up like Leaf. 'Lights out....' 'Get back in line prisoner 98654431

I don't think most Cleveland care at this point. You know he is young, he'll bring us wins. When he is a bust is when all the suppressed feelings will come out.

If he had fallen to the third or forth round I think it would have been good for him. He has this chip on his shoulder and attitude that it's him against the world.

Let's hope he doesn't end up like Leaf. 'Lights out....' 'Get back in line prisoner 98654431

I'll be curious to see how that attitude plays out on the field.

I guess I'm not surprised Johnny is walking to his own beat. Sorry Cleveland fans

why do people think it was a big deal he went to LV? i think most players went someplace over the weekend you dont hear about it because they arent manziel and people follow his every waking second. you dont see the media blowing up that justin gilbert and ryan shazier were partying in Miami over mermorial day.

I'll be curious to see how that attitude plays out on the field.

I just don't see it. He was good at A&M but build your franchise around him good, I don't think so.

why do people think it was a big deal he went to LV? i think most players went someplace over the weekend you dont hear about it because they arent manziel and people follow his every waking second. you dont see the media blowing up that justin gilbert and ryan shazier were partying in Miami over mermorial day.

With his reputation as someone that makes bad decisions off the field, he can't do what other players do. Like it or not he is polarizing and has done nothing in the nfl. That should tell you something

Yeah I think this trip was blown WAY out of proportion

With his reputation as someone that makes bad decisions off the field, he can't do what other players do. Like it or not he is polarizing and has done nothing in the nfl. That should tell you something

your making it sound likes he is the honey badger, cam newton or jamis winston. he's not arrested or kicked off teams. he was suspended for a half of game and skipped a day at an offseason camp. you hear him talk and its not like he wants the hype without doing anything yet he even says that in the link below.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/medi...very-Day/7a7ccab0-733e-4069-a427-7ed04512aac6

your making it sound likes he is the honey badger, cam newton or jamis winston. he's not arrested or kicked off teams. he was suspended for a half of game and skipped a day at an offseason camp. you hear him talk and its not like he wants the hype without doing anything yet he even says that in the link below.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/medi...very-Day/7a7ccab0-733e-4069-a427-7ed04512aac6

I understand you are protective of him like a mommy bear but the really needs to do it better then most. The media will spin what ever they want, good and bad. That will tax anyone's game. He fell 20 something spit in the draft for a reason. Personality or his game, you choose.

If had this kind of press I'd be doing everything I could to make sure nothing I did could be twisted into something questionable.

Wait. What did Cam ever do?
Won a SEC Championship.
Won a National Championship.
Won the Heisman.
Became my best friend.

The list is long and distinguished.

The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Won a SEC Championship.
Won a National Championship.
Won the Heisman.
Became my best friend.

The list is long and distinguished.

Most things that JFF never did.

Um... http://espn.go.com/college-football...as-aggies-freshman-qb-johnny-manziel-arrested

He doesnt want the hype? Cmon, even the Browns diehard cant believe that.
I mean really? Guy gets penalized for "dollars" and instantly starts using the dollar bills sign with his fingers including after being lambasted at the draft?
This guy loves the attention, the press and everything else. If he succeeds, great, but he is not walking around like the other greats wanting to prove himself before the hype comes.

But JFF had the money hands thing. That is cooler than the Superman pose.

This is a pretty cool pose from Cam

camnewton1.jpg

What's funny about the whole Johnny Football in Las Vegas thing, is that nobody is harping on Gronkowski. Gronk was there with Johnny and he's suppose to be getting over an injury.

I just think the whole Johnny thing is getting blown WAY out of proportion. NFL players, whether they are rookies or 10+ year veterans go to Vegas, Miami, etc. etc. to party, it's not really news worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back