2014 Morgan Cup - Media Day Is Now Staff Sponsor Day

I agree. I don't forsee any crazy things I have to be concerned about. Then again you and I aren't coming from altitude, lack of humidity, and firm ground hehe
Oh the heat! It's my friend. Nothing like a morning driving range in SC. Add the moment one of the great volunteers comes to get us....man I am pumped!

The swing will be the same and the clubs will fall in line. Not worries and really no learning curve needed

It's really a matter of trusting the distances, especially if there is an appreciable distance gain.

The toughest thing for me to do after switching irons was believing how far I hit the new irons. Even after dialing in distances on the range and getting some rounds in to confirm the distances, in the back of my mind I still questioned whether the ball would really travel that far.

I suspect everyone will adjust very quickly, though.

It's really a matter of trusting the distances, especially if there is an appreciable distance gain.

The toughest thing for me to do after switching irons was believing how far I hit the new irons. Even after dialing in distances on the range and getting some rounds in to confirm the distances, in the back of my mind I still questioned whether the ball would really travel that far.

I suspect everyone will adjust very quickly, though.
you'll be fine my man

You want to get hit by a ton of bricks? Here ya go.
Friday morning will be like the holidays. You already know that part. You know that it kicks off #THPMC. You know that there will be staff bags lined up like lawyers at a car wreck (hey ATL). Each will be filled with the clubs you ordered. And your company representative will be there.

No these are not the sales people or company "reps" that go to demo days or anything of the sort. These people are coming from the home office. Traveling across the country in many cases to see their staff. That's right, you are their staff for the day (and weekend). They will greet you. They will have tasks for you and for the next few hours, you are theirs. Again, not earth shattering for those that believe they understand this day.

There will be range balls and people will have time to try out their stuff (maybe). Then of course there is 9 holes after this for you to practice with your new gear. So what is different? EVERYTHING!!!!

Friday morning you will be banned from the range until 9am. Dont believe me? Well if you are not in the designated spot when the volunteers come and get you, you will not receive your golf bag. Sound strict? It is. And for a reason. Think showing up casually is okay? Nope. Think showing up early is okay? Nope. You will be in the breakfast area or on the deck at the True Blue 18th (Champagne Celebration spot) at around 9am. You will be there until the volunteers come and get you. If you are not there at 9am when they do, you will not be part of staff sponsor day. That means no sneaking off to the putting green, range, cart barn, or anywhere else. If you break these rules, your 2014 #THPMC will end early. AND WE ARE SERIOUS!

At the time of summons, you will come down to the range and see your staff area. You will be introduced to the person(s) there that will work with you for the entire morning. What are they working on you with? Well, you will have to wait and see. But I can tell you it WILL NOT BE PROMO VIDEOS ON EACH PIECE OF GEAR! You will be tasked with updating a live thread. You will be tasked with posting on Twitter.

But the work part will be what you are waiting for. The law and order of the morning, will be worth it. By the time you settle in to the dinner we have set up on Friday evening, a wave will have washed over you and you will wonder what the heck is going on. You are, at that time...A tour player. That is not PR, bullsh!t or anything else. These companies dont contribute all of this for the wonderful PR, they do so because they love THP and the people here and believe this event is special. You will be a part of an event that has never been done, and might never be done again. I will have some words on Friday night. Im sure I will get a bit emotional. Laugh if you will. Then everybody will break bread, have some drinks and love, laugh and smile at each other, before the competition begins and the trek to immortality starts.

The journey is over. There are less than 8 weeks to go. At this point let the excitement rush over you. Let it fill you with all the emotions that you felt when you got selected. The highs and lows are over. From here on out, it should be nothing more than you remembering why you wanted to be a part of this. Sit back, close your eyes and remember that night your name was called.

The Ultimate Golf Event Period is pretty much here and you are all in for something spectacular.

To the top because it deserves it. Here's my take.... JB and GG seem to always bring it and stick to their words and surpass our expectations. Because of this and my experiences with both of them at numerous other THP events, I am actually shaking with excitement and anticipation. All the while having no. Idea. What. To. Expect.

Will guests and family members be allowed to hang around during the Staff Sponsor Day?
If yes, I assume they are to follow the directions and not wander around?

54.....we are that many days away from this day. A new day in the storied history of the Morgan Cup. We will start the 2014 Morgan cup like no other before. No one can speak to it or offer advice because this will be a new experience and will create new memories for one and all.

The blue print is set but I know JB doesn't even know what to expect. I know what he hopes for and that is epic amazement. I'm sure he will get that and more.

This event is a whole hell of a lot closer today than it was 8 months ago. I remember walking the streets of Seattle when I read team THP was getting a very gracious invite into this event. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was walking to get lunch, looking down at tapatalk, flipping through post. I remember wishing I was closer to one of teammates to offer up a high five. Salmon burgers will never taste that good again.

That is what this event will do to you. There will be milestone moments that will last forever. 54 days from today I expect the new 'media day' will be one of those milestones. I can't tell you to look for it or expect it. You'll know the moment it hits you, you can thank JB and GG later. Some of the greatest memories you'll have in golf will be garnered in 54 days. We are close boys, brace yourselves.

Freddie shocking the system with reality first thing this morning, I love it!

Another timely post by Freddie. I will remember the message I got from Hawk asking me for my phone number and then receiving 'the call' from Donne. That was on 11/20. Hard to believe it was that long ago and we only have 54 days until Media Day. I'm ready for Media Day, but will miss the process and journey I've been on so far. I can't wait to see what JB and GG have up their sleeves.

I'm excited for it, it's going to be totally different and I love not knowing what to expect.

Great post Freddie. It's so close you can almost taste it

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

It is hard to believe that we are this close...where in the world has the last six months gone? I'm so excited to get down there, see everyone, experience all the Morgan Cup can be, and lead Team Hackers.

Its bearing down fast! Unreal how fast time flies

It is hard to believe that we are this close...where in the world has the last six months gone? I'm so excited to get down there, see everyone, experience all the Morgan Cup can be, and lead Team Hackers.

I honestly have no idea where the time has gone. Seems like forever until
It'll be here and then BAM, it's here. Crazy.

54 -- I've got some work to do.

Cannot wait to see everybody.

I honestly have no idea where the time has gone. Seems like forever until
It'll be here and then BAM, it's here. Crazy.

This is exactly how I feel. I feel like I've been dying for summer to get here and now I sat down and realized it's June 2nd The Cup is legitimately right around the corner. I cannot freaking wait for Staff Sponsor day. I think the element of surprise and not knowing just makes it that much better.

Where did the time go?!?! It feels like yesterday that I heard my name called, literally. There is work that still needs to be done, however I know I'll be there by Staff Sponsor day. I'm ready to let the unexpected happen.

The timer continues to wind down and so much work to be done! Always has been always will be, don't want it to end and I want it to get here at the same time. This journey has been eye opening.

The timer continues to wind down and so much work to be done! Always has been always will be, don't want it to end and I want it to get here at the same time. This journey has been eye opening.

Can't wait to hang with ya Calfman!

Each time I see this thread pop up I get more excited for that special day

7 Weeks from today is Christmas for me and 39 of the fellas

7 Weeks from today is Christmas for me and 39 of the fellas

And we don't even know what our presents will be ! Freaking amazing haha. I love surprises!

Back