The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D

I don't want to go to work today at all also this getting up early crap on your own or because your rooster decides to be an annoying ahole is not cool.

Morning. Count me in on the not wanting to go to work train. Didn't sleep well last night.

4 man scramble today, teeing off at 9. It is being run by a non-golfer. I was on the committee but had to miss the last 2 meetings due to trips out of town to tournaments. It seems they changed some of the agreed upon ideas while I was out and they really don't sound like they will be good for the tournament long term. It is to raise money for the local pregnancy center that assists unwed mothers, so I guess they are looking to make as much as they can and worry about getting more golfers next year instead of having most as returnees. Oh well.

4 man scramble today, teeing off at 9. It is being run by a non-golfer. I was on the committee but had to miss the last 2 meetings due to trips out of town to tournaments. It seems they changed some of the agreed upon ideas while I was out and they really don't sound like they will be good for the tournament long term. It is to raise money for the local pregnancy center that assists unwed mothers, so I guess they are looking to make as much as they can and worry about getting more golfers next year instead of having most as returnees. Oh well.

DD. Similar thing this year. I had been on committee of an industry one that had sold out four years in a row. MIT didn't fill in a manner of seconds like a THP one but usually within two weeks if being announced.

This year new chair wants new committee members. Raise the price by over $100 a person offer less and bingo. No sign ups and the event has to be postponed.

Sometimes going with what has worked is the best plan.

We have a mobile detail person her working on the minivan and the dogs will not stop barking at him! My head hurts!

Hang in there GG, have him move the van to a place they can't see him.

I've worked off and on with a women for the better part of three years. I noticed today in a meeting that she was kind of off, a little combative. Through a different conversation with her I learned that today is the 4 year anniversary of the day her 4 year old daughter died from a brain tumor. Sheesh, I never knew. I felt so terrible for her.

LOL, it will never stop being funny to me to see someone sell THP gear in the THP marketplace for more than what they paid for it. What's even funnier to me is selling stuff they received for free at a THP Tour Van stop. I genuinely find it hilarious.

LOL, it will never stop being funny to me to see someone sell THP gear in the THP marketplace for more than what they paid for it. What's even funnier to me is selling stuff they received for free at a THP Tour Van stop. I genuinely find it hilarious.

Your a better person than me. I find it totally garbage and unethical. But thats just me.

Wow ridiculous. Guess all there is to do is laugh haha

It's kind of impressive when you think about it, what the going rate is for THP swag. You should see how much your covers are being sold for on eBay right now. #FiftySpot

Your a better person than me. I find it totally garbage and unethical. But thats just me.

Nah, to quote the great kevin james, you cant sweat the small stuff.
We will continue to put out some cool stuff for reasonable prices and someone will continue to profit from it. Its cool. We dont do the logo items to make money. We do it for fun, to put out some cool stuff and I would be lying if I said it does not spread the word.

See Evok's comment below, you really do just have to laugh.

Wow ridiculous. Guess all there is to do is laugh haha

That's exactly right. You have to laugh, it's truly comical.

It's kind of impressive when you think about it, what the going rate is for THP swag. You should see how much your covers are being sold for on eBay right now. #FiftySpot

I have seen, haha. I guess that's a good thing. It must mean we are doing something right if our products are now worth 2.5 times the original amount.

See Evok's comment below, you really do just have to laugh.

That's exactly right. You have to laugh, it's truly comical.

I have seen, haha. I guess that's a good thing. It must mean we are doing something right if our products are now worth 2.5 times the original amount.

That's a pretty good roi. Maybe I should buy THP swag as part of my retirement strategy.

I've worked off and on with a women for the better part of three years. I noticed today in a meeting that she was kind of off, a little combative. Through a different conversation with her I learned that today is the 4 year anniversary of the day her 4 year old daughter died from a brain tumor. Sheesh, I never knew. I felt so terrible for her.
Ugh, so sad man.

I hate this. Called someone out on it once and the response I got was "Well is this stuff still available in the store?" Saw the latest one and just shook my head, and I actually want something in there but will not pay more than your retail for it.

Hoarding is not a good retirement strategy hahahaha

Wait so you're saying that buying 112 jars of peanut butter isn't a good idea?? Lol those hording shows really scare me.

Nah, to quote the great kevin james, you cant sweat the small stuff.
We will continue to put out some cool stuff for reasonable prices and someone will continue to profit from it. Its cool. We dont do the logo items to make money. We do it for fun, to put out some cool stuff and I would be lying if I said it does not spread the word.

It does spread the word. I have had people ask me about my water bottle, putter covers, and divot tool/ball marker in the past. How many of them actually join I am not sure, but they at least check out the site I truly believe.

As for selling for a profit, it is funny, but honestly whatever floats someones boat. I wouldn't do it, I have given away quite a few of my covers as I have gone to mallets, but I don't think I could imagine selling them to make a profit.

The Official Banter Away Thread

Supply and demand.

While I would never profit from it, I guess if that doesn't bother the sellers conscious then more power to them.....plus the fact that someone will sport it proudly gets their hands on it so that's a win IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back