The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB and GG. I get it (sweating the small stuff) you guys see and deal with it so much in the nature of what you do. If you got yourself worked up every time, you'd have ulcers by now.

Me, I guess I hope the old saying what goes around comes around, is true.

Me, I guess I hope the old saying what goes around comes around, is true.

It is brother. That karma thing is real. Do the right thing and good things happen.

My mom was always good at pointing out that people tend to be jerks for a reason. A kid who constantly bullied me when I was younger? Dad was an abusive drunk. It doesn't necessarily excuse their behavior, but if you can get to the bottom of it, you could potentially find something to give them compassion over. It's a hard lesson to put into practice (and I struggle with it daily) but sometimes it makes those truly awful days a bit brighter when I know I didn't make someones troubles that much more troublesome by responding in kind.

I've worked off and on with a women for the better part of three years. I noticed today in a meeting that she was kind of off, a little combative. Through a different conversation with her I learned that today is the 4 year anniversary of the day her 4 year old daughter died from a brain tumor. Sheesh, I never knew. I felt so terrible for her.

2 days after being home from Indy, I am still re-living moments from the weekend (as normal of all THP events/gatherings) get to these events!

I think I need my game face for Ocean City though, nothing but serious! I played pretty chitty all weekend, too many shots left!

Anyway, I usually get lost in this thread, but wanted to tell those in here who have not gone to events to do yourself a favor and try.

I need a vacation. I simply cannot snap back into work mode right now.

MSP this weekend.
Jucy Lucys are on the docket.
So is golf with THPers.

MSP this weekend.
Jucy Lucys are on the docket.
So is golf with THPers.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't just look at flights. I'd also be lying if I said the rates were really good.

Only an 11 hour poke down the highway

I'd be lying if I said I didn't just look at flights. I'd also be lying if I said the rates were really good.

Actually closer than I thought.

I will buy your first Jucy Lucy of the weekend. Perhaps even have a driver for you to test out (along with 2 awesome shafts for my driver).

Wait a minute... In true THP Midwest fashion, can you please just move the event to Ohio? I can attend.

This made me laugh.

Chicago meetup at some point? I'll buy the Chipotle.

This is a lie. He owes me Chipotle and I was sans Chipotle this weekend.

This is a lie. He owes me Chipotle and I was sans Chipotle this weekend.

I offered Chipotle, it was vetoed for italian chipotle, and now you get to continue to hold that over my head for months.

I think you did just fine.

Nice seeing some old faces of THP back and active!! I wish some of them would stop in and say Hi while their at it.

So im going to need a new sliding Patio door here in the near future. Ive always been a Lowes guy cause thats where my wife and I worked when we were in college, but Ive heard the folks at Home Depot do a a great job with stock and special order doors and windows. What do you guys think? Ive been in Home Depot a few times and the customer service is great, seems like a more "seasoned" group of people working there that have been there for awhile, whereas Lowes lately never has any registers open and its just a bunch of kids that know less than I do about stuff.

So im going to need a new sliding Patio door here in the near future. Ive always been a Lowes guy cause thats where my wife and I worked when we were in college, but Ive heard the folks at Home Depot do a a great job with stock and special order doors and windows. What do you guys think? Ive been in Home Depot a few times and the customer service is great, seems like a more "seasoned" group of people working there that have been there for awhile, whereas Lowes lately never has any registers open and its just a bunch of kids that know less than I do about stuff.

Its funny, for me, it's like they flip flopped. I used to be a Lowe's guy but now I prefer Home Depot. I think the quality of the stuff is the same, just have had better experiences at Home Depot of late.

I needed to put in a new door (and screen door) in my kitchen and Home Depot had a good selection and great pricing. I've found it's hit or miss about who you get to help, and I've been "helped" by people who have no business working in these stores in both stores. Honestly, I'd scope out what I need and then price check at both and just go with the better deal.

Then again, if you know a good contractor, let them handle it all. They might get a contractor discount on the door as well, saving you some time and money (unless you plan on doing it all yourself).

The company I work for sells products to both Lowes and Home Depot. Depot has really stepped things up and has been doing better than Lowes in a lot of areas for a while now. Lowes seems to be caught up in just trying to get the lowest priced items on the shelf vs having the right items on the shelf from everything I hear. I only go to the Lowes in town now because it's 2 blocks from my house. If the Home Depot wasn't across town, I'd be going there more often.

LOL, it will never stop being funny to me to see someone sell THP gear in the THP marketplace for more than what they paid for it. What's even funnier to me is selling stuff they received for free at a THP Tour Van stop. I genuinely find it hilarious.

And usually it is because they stopped coming here for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back