The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Adam and Trout - I certainly understand the exchange you all were having, and it just reminded me that I wanted to post that. Wasn't really meant anyway other than that.

This is only my personal opinion, and I would say the same to my team as to everyone else, but I just don't get the concept of folks shooting good rounds (or bad ones for that matter) and either not posting it to their handicaps or not posting about where their handicaps are. The match-ups for the first two rounds are announced, it's a non-handicap event, post it proudly...be proud of what you've accomplished through the hard work you are putting in, and let us share in those successes with you.

Man I agree AD. We as the hosts, monitor those indexes and seeing lack of scores, seeing indexes made up of scores from 2012, and other abnormalities does make us think a bit. Hopefully with this short of time left, people get out there a bit.

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Catching up here, great posts, and I can feel the excitement build.

It's been a tough time here for a while, our kids are fine, but naturally a 2,5 month old is taking toll, and my wife is stressed about me going away for over a week in July. She gets it, and she loves that I have a passion like golf in my life, but I understand her, it's a time consuming hobby, and with travels and all sometimes expensive. She don't want to hear me talking about not going to the MC (not an option really, but I had to say it anyway, family first, always), but I don't really want to show her how excited I am sometimes, because I know how tough it will be with two kids alone. Luckily she won't be completely alone, grand parents to the rescue, but still.

I get her, she gets me, she's happy for me, but you know, sometimes it's a bit difficult. Kids are the most wonderful thing, but one only has two hands, and sleep is a rarity.

Sorry for the rant, just need to speak out. All is well and I'm preppin' like never before.

Going to shoot 18-holes to even par before July.

Last edited:

It's been a tough time here for a while, our kids are fine, but naturally a 2,5 month old is taking toll, and my wife is stressed about me going away for over a week in July. She gets it, and she loves that I have a passion like golf in my life, but I understand her, it's a time consuming hobby, and with travels and all sometimes expensive. She don't want to hear me talking about not going to the MC (not an option really, but I had to say it anyway, family first, always), but I don't really want to show her how excited I am sometimes, because I know how tough it will be with two kids alone. Luckily she won't be completely alone, grand parents to the rescue, but still.

I get her, she gets me, she's happy for me, but you know, sometimes it's a bit difficult. Kids are the most wonderful thing, but one only has two hands, and sleep is a rarity.

Sorry for the rant, just need to speak out. All is well and I'm preppin' like never before.

Castor, no worries on the rant and kids do make this journey hard. Breaks my heart when my 3 year-old says "play with me daddy" and I tell him I'm going to the golf course again. This isn't to say that its not worth it, but like all things in life it is about balance. It is sometimes hard to find the time to juggle everything, but that's what makes it even more important to perform in July, this sacrifice has to be worth it, and I know it will be.

Kids are the most wonderful thing

You said it right here man. Kids can, and do, for sure make things difficult. But they are by far the best thing in a parent's life. I know your youngest won't get it, but maybe there's a way to use the MC as a lesson for your oldest (don't remember how old, 3?). And then possibly as fuel for you.

Show her (daughter right?) that when you commit to something, you give it your all. When what you do effects other people, you work hard to not let them down. When you set goals, you work to reach them. Etc.

Anyways, maybe that all sounds silly haha, but maybe there's something there to share with your kids.

It is things like this I always wish more folks could understand about this event and this process back during the sign-up process. This is a fantastic event, with great sponsors, and great people, but it comes with added responsibility to said sponsor, your teammates, yourself, and THP for sure, which folks cannot fully comprehend until they are already going through it (or have followed along closely through a previous iteration).

Castor - I cannot imagine the time and financial magnitude this take for you over those of us in the States, much less to do it two years in a row. Kudos to you for managing to pull it off.

I understand and appreciate you and your families sacrifice for this teammate. I know it's an honor, but it is hard work as well. Thank again :)

This is only my personal opinion, and I would say the same to my team as to everyone else, but I just don't get the concept of folks shooting good rounds (or bad ones for that matter) and either not posting it to their handicaps or not posting about where their handicaps are. The match-ups for the first two rounds are announced, it's a non-handicap event, post it proudly...be proud of what you've accomplished through the hard work you are putting in, and let us share in those successes with you.

Mine has gone up and will continue to do so probably for about another 3 weeks. Once school ends and I can play every day, it drops significantly. That being said mine is trending up, right now but not for lack of effort. Great post and I'm reminded why I love this place.

Thanks guys.

Anyways, maybe that all sounds silly haha, but maybe there's something there to share with your kids.

The MC story will definitely be told every summer to the kids..."This one time I went to the Ultimate Golf Event Period..."

Thanks guys.

The MC story will definitely be told every summer to the kids..."These two times I went to the Ultimate Golf Event Period..."

FIFY...

Thanks guys.

The MC story will definitely be told every summer to the kids..."This one time I went to the Ultimate Golf Event Period..."

Will this years story start off with, "Kids....let me tell ya about this guy Nate........."

Will this years story start off with, "Kids....let me tell ya about this guy Nate........."

All of my good stories start off that way, and I have yet to experience an MC with you... Looking forward to that BTW.

All of my good stories start off that way, and I have yet to experience an MC with you... Looking forward to that BTW.

Same here MC brother. Your golf life changes in about 7 weeks!!!!

Same here MC brother. Your golf life changes in about 7 weeks!!!!
I don't disagree there, but I will add that it has changed so much already for all of us first timers since being given this opportunity and realizing the weight of it!

I don't disagree there, but I will add that it has changed so much already for all of us first timers since being given this opportunity and realizing the weight of it!

This is nothing compared to what will come. It usually happens at some point during that week for everyone but at different times. Mine was on Sunday standing on the 16th tee box. It all hit me at once and changed me as a player going forward.

No matter how I try, I cannot truly imagine what that weekend will be like. The emotions, the sense of an amazing joirney coming to an end... it will be crazy

Day in a day out this weekend is on my mind. All this work should be helping, but the tunnel still seems dark. I for sure am not peaking early and have to keep the thought that changes take time. Time is running out on this journey, but what a memorable one it has been thus far. Keep grinding and enjoying the travel to the Ultimate Golf event of my life.

This is nothing compared to what will come. It usually happens at some point during that week for everyone but at different times. Mine was on Sunday standing on the 16th tee box. It all hit me at once and changed me as a player going forward.
I watched you transform into one hell of a player. You battled back from shakes start countered by some world class play from Tyno. You stayed the course and took that match to the last put on 18. That was fun to experience with you.

Day in a day out this weekend is on my mind. All this work should be helping, but the tunnel still seems dark. I for sure am not peaking early and have to keep the thought that changes take time. Time is running out on this journey, but what a memorable one it has been thus far. Keep grinding and enjoying the travel to the Ultimate Golf event of my life.
Dude, I've felt that way several times in the past couple of months. Take a round to just swing away. I'm not saying don't keep score, or break your routine, but take a round or even 9 holes and make stress-free play the goal. Like playing an easy and well-rehearsed song. A lot can happen in 6 weeks. Enjoy it.

I honestly don't know what to expect or how I will be able to combat the emotions. I guess I haven't thought about that, nor do I want to try to fight them back. 7 weeks from now I will be sharing something so special with the whole community.

I sometimes wonder what it will feel like as I'm tying those shoes on Friday morning. I expect my choice of breakfast will taste exceptionally better, and I day dream about the rest. At this point there isn't a reason to try to figure out what make occur. The best thing I tell myself is to live it, feel it, and enjoy it.

We are rockstars and were selected for one reason or another!!!

I couldn't agree more. I post all my rounds good or bad. Honestly having to post a bad round just motivates me that much more to play more to get rid of it! I've gotten to the point now where I practiced a lot at the beginning of the year but now I'm starting to play more than practice. I still like to have a good balance of playing and practice but the time is winding down and it's time to get some on course experience under the belt.

Another day closer as we wake today. I know in the coming weeks sleep will be replaced by restlessness and my concentration will be broken by day dreams and wonder. I'm heading out to both courses this weekend for some pre round play and even though I know both courses very well, there's a different feel about playing them this weekend knowing what is coming.

Another day closer as we wake today. I know in the coming weeks sleep will be replaced by restlessness and my concentration will be broken by day dreams and wonder. I'm heading out to both courses this weekend for some pre round play and even though I know both courses very well, there's a different feel about playing them this weekend knowing what is coming.

Wish I was able to join you this weekend. Have fun--it's a bit different playing those courses with the MC in mind. Have fun!

I watched you transform into one hell of a player. You battled back from shakes start countered by some world class play from Tyno. You stayed the course and took that match to the last put on 18. That was fun to experience with you.

Totally agreed. That was a really fun foursome to be a part of!

Totally agreed. That was a really fun foursome to be a part of!

This was one of my top three moments of last year. I really enjoyed our match and hanging with the group.

I hope everyone's experience this year is filled with too many great memoirs to shake a stick at.

Back