The Official Rory McIlroy Thread

You guys are late to the party. I already sent an invitation to Wozzy for a day of tennis and an evening of IPA's and watching Netflix. That should best anything Rory threw her way.

Yeah, that ought to do it.

I genuinely don't care what golfers do in their free time (unless it's stuff to benefit their communities which I think is awesome).. Rory needs to focus on getting back to where he was, because I really enjoyed watching that.
Agreed! As the world turns collides with Golf? No thanks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401284266.298708.jpg

14th green today as he tees it up with the AMS. I'd like to be playing in that group.

For freddie

I liked what he said about finding the balance between using the trackman numbers and what feels right. Thought that was great advice, especially those of us looking at Morgan Cup bags or someone going in for a fitting.

The article is worded a little tricky. Gives the impression that someone at Pinehurst wanted to stop him from using some piece of equipment. But there's a ton of good insight into how he prepares for a course. Thanks for sharing the article

He's not a big guy either. What is he, maybe 5'10"?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

5' 10", 160lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5' 10", 160lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy. Not tall, or particularly bulky, and I realize swing speed doesn't relate to size or big muscle but that kinda swing speed is nuts for an average sized guy.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Uh oh, United lost Rory's clubs

Talk about having a gripe.

Sounds like Rory needs a G5

Lol @ Rors flying commercial.

Crisis averted.

Hopefully his current putting form was lost as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That is hilarious.

Rory announces at the Irish Open that he will play for Ireland in the Olympics, not the UK. He had the option to go either way. Good for him for making the decision now and not letting it drag out as 2016 approached.

CORK, Ireland (AP) Rory McIlroy has decided to play for Ireland, not Britain, at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

The 25-year-old McIlroy, who is from Northern Ireland, was eligible to play for Britain or Ireland and had been wrangling over a decision for more than a year.

The two-time major winner says Wednesday, "I have been thinking about the decision a lot and remembered all the times I represented Ireland as an amateur."

McIlroy announced his decision on the eve of the Irish Open in Cork.

He has twice played in the World Cup for Ireland, both times alongside fellow Northern Irishman Graeme McDowell.

Golf is returning to the Olympics in Rio for the first time since 1904.

Read More http://www.golfdigest.com/#ixzz34zmfEWGJ

I am surprised it was even a debate for him.

I am surprised it was even a debate for him.

When looking at the political history behind it, I think the uncertainty was warranted.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back