2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be putting my P90x3 up for sale soon if anyone's interested. Need some funds for Body Beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still not feeling 100%, but I got another T25 workout in. I opted to do one of the easier ones (I went with Speed 1.0 instead of total body circuit) since I knew I am not 100% better yet. The workout kicked my butt, and to be honest I am not feeling all that great now, but I am really glad I did it. I am hoping by tomorrow I will be back to normal and can give it my all again.

The best part of the workout was when I was doing burpees, and Duke thought I was playing with him. So every time I would get down on the ground he would put his head down and have his butt up in the air, and then when I jumped up, he did too. It was so cute.

Thanks guys. Definitely going to flag this thread. Blu, going to try that workout next. What do you do for HIIT? Burpees? Mountain climbers? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Definitely going to flag this thread. Blu, going to try that workout next. What do you do for HIIT? Burpees? Mountain climbers? Thanks

Mountain climbers may be the one exercise I despise the most. There is just something about them that I truly loathe.

Mountain climbers, burpees, Mary Katherine Lunges (basically you do a leg lunge, jump, land into another opposite leg leg lunge), wall sits (back against wall, lower yourself so your legs are like you're sitting on a chair) and hold it for 30 seconds. Rest for 10-15, do it again. One legged wall squats, jump knee tucks. All of those, you'll probably hate yourself the next day.

Mountain climbers, burpees, Mary Katherine Lunges (basically you do a leg lunge, jump, land into another opposite leg leg lunge), wall sits (back against wall, lower yourself so your legs are like you're sitting on a chair) and hold it for 30 seconds. Rest for 10-15, do it again. One legged wall squats, jump knee tucks. All of those, you'll probably hate yourself the next day.

LOL, I read the bold part and immediately thought of the SNL skit with Mary Katherine Gallagher (played by Molly Shannon) and pictured a lunge and then sticking your hands under your armpits and smelling them haha.

Oh man you know what's weird? The Superstar pose is the move, except you jump and alternate legs. I suppose if you want to make the move more fun, you could throw in the hand smell. Maybe go kiss a tree while wearing key lime flavored lipgloss. Kinda weird but hey whatever gets you through a workout hahahaha

I could. What I usually do is on an elliptical. 2 minute warmup. Hard for 30 seconds. Very light for 90 seconds. 6 total cycles. 14 minutes total

Crossfit Light tonight for recovery

Warm-up
3x
250m row
200m run

4x100m suicides

10 min AMRAP
12 kb lunges
100 jump rope singles
Also worked on double unders and actually got 2 in a row before I whacked my legs. Great success.

Down 6 lbs and on my last belt buckle hole in the last 2 weeks. Eating right and cut the mid-week cocktails, sleeping great, feeling energized without coffee. Who knew?

Anyone here have any experience with stronglifts?

So you know buddy. I did some further reading on stronglifts. Not just it's site, but other reviews. I decided to see what it's like. To run the program. As prescribed. Their app is spectacular. They are not joking when they recommend to start low. I did squats last night and am amazed at how sore I am.

Down 6 lbs and on my last belt buckle hole in the last 2 weeks. Eating right and cut the mid-week cocktails, sleeping great, feeling energized without coffee. Who knew?

Nice work dude!

I've taken a couple days off to recover the leg muscles and it appears I'll have to do the same today. Should be good to go tomorrow though. I do not like not being able to work out, especially after seeing a pretty lame weigh in result yesterday.

I am back on a strict diet and workout program for the final stretch. I think I will be where I want to be come the end of July. Time for the final push.

Same. I'm still regretting how I ate last weekend.

Yup, with summer now in full swing, this will be my biggest fight. A treat vs eating every meal like it's my last will be my focus

Haha. I have no regrets other than maybe the meal at Perkins. For some reason the MC has been on my mind more than normal and I am as fired up as I have ever been.

Yup, with summer now in full swing, this will be my biggest fight. A treat vs eating every meal like it's my last will be my focus

I'm usually fine in my own environment, but spent all weekend away. Hello fast food/hello remorse. Ha!

Haha. I have no regrets other than maybe the meal at Perkins. For some reason the MC has been on my mind more than normal and I am as fired up as I have ever been.

Nice. It's just around the corner dude. No reason to stop now.

So you know buddy. I did some further reading on stronglifts. Not just it's site, but other reviews. I decided to see what it's like. To run the program. As prescribed. Their app is spectacular. They are not joking when they recommend to start low. I did squats last night and am amazed at how sore I am.
I ran the progression for over a year and used to be on the forum. Great program but not really novel. eventually workouts took forever because I needed more and more rest. Also recovery starts to get hard going every other day.

I ran the progression for over a year and used to be on the forum. Great program but not really novel. eventually workouts took forever because I needed more and more rest. Also recovery starts to get hard going every other day.

I can see all of that. It's not a revolutionary rep structure. Not a revolutionary progression structure. It's also not a revolutionary lift structure. It's just structured. I also read that after about 8 weeks, dropping squats to two days a week was very smart. We'll see. I'm excited.

I can see all of that. It's not a revolutionary rep structure. Not a revolutionary progression structure. It's also not a revolutionary lift structure. It's just structured. I also read that after about 8 weeks, dropping squats to two days a week was very smart. We'll see. I'm excited.
One good thing that the program/community does is place a ton of emphasis on proper form.

It was nice having a program where I didn't have to plan. I think this is one of the reasons I like crossfit.

Well I had my last day in my old job yesterday, got a couple days holiday before I start my new job on Monday which is about 2 miles from home

So depending on whether or not I need to leave the office, I could be walking anything up to 20 miles a week just going back and forth to work - that should help with the old fitness and weight loss :D

No workout for me for a while, I'll play a few slow tempo golf rounds, but my lower back is aching severely. I think it's just the back muscles and butt muscles from a gym session that are stiff, and it will go away. I hate back problems.

The T25 total body circuit is seriously no joke! This was my second time doing it and I still struggled A LOT with some of the progressions. But, another T25 is complete! I will do yoga shortly. I was feeling a bit nauseous so I grabbed some water and this all natural electrolyte replacement powder, and I'm hoping that helps make me feel better before I start yoga.

EDIT: Yoga done! I feel SO much better after drinking some electrolytes.

On a very exciting note, we just got the new scale that JB ordered and I weighed myself in order to test it and I am down 8lbs, woohoo!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back