The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood work results came back for my daughter and it indicates she has some form of herpes. Doctor said it is most likely from when my wife was breastfeeding my daughter and got Shingles which went undiagnosed for a few days which can transfer to the child. They want us to go back with the bloodwork to infectious disease for a treatment plan. We sent the results to the infectious disease doctor and they disagree with the results and said that it is not a valid test for herpes and they dont think she has it and that we have to go back in on Friday. The swings of emotion and frustration are getting to be too much. I JUST WANT AN ANSWER!

That's awful Dev, just when you thought you were finally getting some answers. I'm so sorry!

Blood work results came back for my daughter and it indicates she has some form of herpes. Doctor said it is most likely from when my wife was breastfeeding my daughter and got Shingles which went undiagnosed for a few days which can transfer to the child. They want us to go back with the bloodwork to infectious disease for a treatment plan. We sent the results to the infectious disease doctor and they disagree with the results and said that it is not a valid test for herpes and they dont think she has it and that we have to go back in on Friday. The swings of emotion and frustration are getting to be too much. I JUST WANT AN ANSWER!

I can't even imagine dude -- And I know healthcare as a profession isn't exactly easy, but it seems like it's similar to being a weather man. Paid regardless of accuracy.

Sending positive thoughts your way. Hate that your little one is going through this.

That's awful Dev, just when you thought you were finally getting some answers. I'm so sorry!

X2. I can't imagine how stressful this is on you and your family

Eff dude! How freaking obnoxious this all is...

Its hard reading all this knowing how much you've gone through. I sincerely hope they can get this figured out soon and you guys finally start to get the help you need for her. Wishing the best

FRAK Friday! Tell him/her you want your daughter seen today! Most of these folks are going to do their job with the utmost professionalism, but only you are your child's advocate. Insist on a time schedule that makes your child's life better, not which is more convenient for them! At worst they're going to do a biopsy, and that need not wait until Friday. She's waited long enough. Sheesh, I'm frustrated and annoyed as all get out, and I'm about as far removed from the situation as one can be ... I can only imagine how you guys are feeling. Let that be known, you've earned that right.

I bought a non golf / household item online. It came today and the instructions were in Spanish. I get bilingual instructions, but nothing in English? WTC

Wow Dev, that latest development sucks. I agree I would be demanding sooner treatment this is ridiculous.

First off... I am an idiot for not checking...

But I bought a phone off of Craigslist just now... and sure enough, it is stolen and the ESN isnt clear. Guy I bought it from will not respond. Looks like I am stuck with it!

So sorry Dev. I started reading your post with "well at least now they know what it is and can attack it"

Hated to hear it's still uncertain. More positive thoughts going out to all of you.

I hate to hear that Ricky. So tough to not know what is going on.

Ricky, I feel awful for your little girl and your family. Hoping some answers and good news come QUICKLY!

Ricky, my heart is breaking for that little girl.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

So sorry Dev! Stay the heck out if this thread buddy! T&P's your way my friend!

Ricky: still thinking about you bro. Insane that this still continues with no answers. Can't even begin to imagine going through this with either of my kiddos.

Dev - thoughts are with you, your wife and the princess.

So my belongings have been located. Apparently the driver became ill and has been holed up in hotel unable to contact anyone. I am trying to be compassionate if this guy is really sick, but I just don't buy it. On the phone with the moving company and their update was "we are not sure at this point when he can drive and when your stuff will be there. We will call you."

Are you kidding me?

Sometimes, people just suck. Why do sh*tty things happen to good people?

Dev man I'm so sorry you're still not getting answers. That is heartbreaking. Wish there was something I could do to help. :/ You guys will be in my thoughts for sure. Hope you get things sorted soon.

Finally had somebody figure out what happened to my wrist. TFCC tear. Needs surgery.

Finally had somebody figure out what happened to my wrist. TFCC tear. Needs surgery.

I hate to hear that, but at least you can get it fixed now, seems like it's been a problem forever.

Just getting caught up on all of this Ricky. Really praying for some relief (answers) for you guys. This is so terrible man. Keeping all of you in my thoughts bud.

JM

At breakfast this morning we noticed she had some new sores on the inside of her lips and on her tongue. She actually said "Mama, mouth hurt" Wanna talk about a kick in the gut? Geeze.

Dammit Dev. Hoping for the best for the little one. Hang in there, buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back