The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
At breakfast this morning we noticed she had some new sores on the inside of her lips and on her tongue. She actually said "Mama, mouth hurt" Wanna talk about a kick in the gut? Geeze.

So sorry you all are having to suffer though this. The whole family suffers when a child suffers and I hope this comes to a halt very soon!

hang up Ricky, this must be hard but you gotta stay positive for your girl. there are a lot of prayers and tought going your way from all around THP

obviously not a serious problem, but I'm going to rant anyway. Got in to work this morning and it seems my PC has bit the bullet. We installed new pc's state wide last spring/summer/fall. These things that were supposed to solve a lot of our issues have probably doubled them. Seems like every week we get 3-5 pc's that just randomly die. We have a weekly conf call with Lenovo, Seagate, and WD. Seagate and WD say they are looking at the hard drives and it they act like they have received 50,000 shocks to them, so they lock up and stop working. As if someone is sitting at their desk and just banging them with a hammer. We've had some motherboard issues with them as well and other strange problems. Looks like today is my day to deal with it. How am I supposed to use dual monitors to watch the US Open if my pc doesn't work?

obviously not a serious problem, but I'm going to rant anyway. Got in to work this morning and it seems my PC has bit the bullet. We installed new pc's state wide last spring/summer/fall. These things that were supposed to solve a lot of our issues have probably doubled them. Seems like every week we get 3-5 pc's that just randomly die. We have a weekly conf call with Lenovo, Seagate, and WD. Seagate and WD say they are looking at the hard drives and it they act like they have received 50,000 shocks to them, so they lock up and stop working. As if someone is sitting at their desk and just banging them with a hammer. We've had some motherboard issues with them as well and other strange problems. Looks like today is my day to deal with it. How am I supposed to use dual monitors to watch the US Open if my pc doesn't work?
That's a serious rant, dude.

Maybe ask apple lady for some assistance?

I blame Lenovo. Worst computer purchase I have ever made.

My work just upgraded me to Lenovo, a desktop for the office and a laptop for home and not liking them so far.

DirectTV not broadcasting ESPN US Open live streaming? WTF!?! I open up the app and most providers on there EXCEPT DT. VERY DISAPPOINTED! Thank god USOPEN.COM is on, but I only get to see the marquee groups

I have a lenovo laptop for work from the 80's I believe and I'd love to out it under my tire of the car

I like your priorities!

but seriously, I wouldnt be surprised if this was an electrical issue if it is hapenning that frequently

yeah, lenovo like most computer companies are making some low end cheap stuff, but they also make great products in the higher ends

That's a serious rant, dude.

Maybe ask apple lady for some assistance?

iGirl said Mac's never have these problems

I just traded in my t61 for a Lenovo T440s. It's OK, it's an upgrade from the old tank. Not being used as a personal laptop though, just work related. I don't like the trackpad, just need to get used to it.

My work just upgraded me to Lenovo, a desktop for the office and a laptop for home and not liking them so far.

Curious, which model do you guys use? We had Lenovo's that we installed back in 08 that we replaced last year. These things are small, which I like. But the list of issues is becoming way too long for us.

I have a lenovo laptop for work from the 80's I believe and I'd love to out it under my tire of the car

I still have a t43 from my old job. one of these days I'm going to go office space on that.

I like your priorities!

but seriously, I wouldnt be surprised if this was an electrical issue if it is hapenning that frequently

Of course. You know me, it's all about priorities. We have explored electrical stuff too. However it hasn't led us anywhere.

Streaming video apps that will only work in one direction while your phone is in a landscape orientation, especially when that puts your charger plug on the bottom of the phone in this orientation.

PC is back up and working now. 4 hours later.

This is good to know. We've just been given the option of Lenovos as one of the lifecycle options. I'll probably stick with the Dells or go Mac.

This is good to know. We've just been given the option of Lenovos as one of the lifecycle options. I'll probably stick with the Dells or go Mac.
If anyone ever hands you a Lenovo, just know ... they hate you. Really, really hate you.

The Lenovo hate shocks me, I've used a lot of computers and I love my current Lenovos. We have had great luck with the ones we purchased for our admin staff as well.

The Lenovo hate shocks me, I've used a lot of computers and I love my current Lenovos. We have had great luck with the ones we purchased for our admin staff as well.

They have a huge range of stuff. In my experience the low end and even the mid is so so at best and that is being nice. The high end however is great in my opinion but you have to spend a fortune to get it.

I am going to be curious to see what the do with Motorola in the coming years.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I'll admit, I didn't buy a top of the line laptop when I grabbed my Lenovo, but it was so abysmal I sent it to surplus after a few months. I purchased a Toshiba in the same price range and I love it. So much so that I bought one for my wife, who loves hers as well. It's heavy, and bulky but a good machine. Waiting on my Surface Pro 3 to see if the Toshiba gets relegated to a more stationary role in my lab.

Came out of work today and someone did a number on my door panel. Got a gigantic, very deep scratch on my car I've only had for 10 months. It's the first thing you see when you look at the car. Obviously no note was left. Now gotta decide if I want to get the area re-painted or leave this eyesore on my car.

A new client we were shipping IP phones to didn't bother to be at the office or accept delivery for 3 days in a row. So we finally had FedEx send the phones back to us, so we could send someone well out of the way to deliver them. Of course, this delays things by a week, bringing us to today - when the client's current phone provider decided to release their phone numbers 24 hours early. So no new phones, and no inbound calls - and of course, it was all my fault.

Got that ironed out, then got the call that my biggest sale this year is about to back out of their contract because they were sold a whole lot of unfounded promises by another company, after we gave them a number of temporary services at cost just to tide them over during the contract & install process.

I so need to wrap up my MBA so I can get out of being in sales.

4-6 shots fired just outside of my hotel room door about an hour ago in an attempted robbery. Now I can't get back to sleep and I have to get up at 4:00 am. It is going to be a very long day.

Be the ball!!

4-6 shots fired just outside of my hotel room door about an hour ago in an attempted robbery. Now I can't get back to sleep and I have to get up at 4:00 am. It is going to be a very long day.

Be the ball!!

That's scary and crazy, I don't think I'd be getting any more sleep after that.

Last edited:

Be the ball!!

Holy crap! Deadbolts and a chair in front of the door tonight!

Good thing NC honors our firearms license.

Be the ball!!

Wow! Not sure I would be able to sleep either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back