Georgia Golf in the Fall

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
I was talking with my wife forum member KellyBo about a fall Get Together in Helen, Georgia. Helen has golf http://innsbruckgolfclub.com/ and stuff for non golfers http://www.helenchamber.com/Helen/Oktoberfest.htm so it would be a fun location for all. North Georgia is beautiful in the Fall with the leaves turning several colors and the air is crisp. Nothing like the fresh mountain air in the Fall. Kelly and I may take a trip up there soon and scout out the motels etc. to see how feasible this would be. We hadn't picked dates yet however it would be an alternative for those not selected for other outings and would be interested in a smaller get together. I'm thinking October however this is a peak month for tourist due to Oktoberfest.

Sounds like a good possibility to me. Has there ever been a GA get together is someplace central in the state like the Macon / Warner Robins area? Although certainly not as pretty as the mountains, may draw a bigger crowd due to being a more feasible travel distance for more folks.

Sounds like a good possibility to me. Has there ever been a GA get together is someplace central in the state like the Macon / Warner Robins area? Although certainly not as pretty as the mountains, may draw a bigger crowd due to being a more feasible travel distance for more folks.

Nope there has never been a central Georgia get together. I use to live in middle Georgia so I know the area well. There are some nice courses in area however they are mostly the private type. River Forest etc.

If I'm free I'd certainly like to participate. Played Innsbruck several times many years ago. Has some beautiful holes on it.

This would be something we probably be interested in doing if the dates are doable.

Be the ball!!

Definitely interested

Im listening...well really reading.

Interested here

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

The better half and I will be following along to see what the plan is. Definitely interested. Least we will be away from o.g's woodshed :)

I might be interested depending on when it is. I've kind of wanted to play Innsbruck although I hate having to drive through Helen

War Eagle from my iPad

I plan to be there. Lord willing.

October is my bday and November is the lovely Mrs. Toad's, so fall sounds like a winner.

October is my bday and November is the lovely Mrs. Toad's, so fall sounds like a winner.

I bet the Ladies would love to shop around the local stores in Helen. :D You could just give her ya charge card while you are out playing golf :alien:

This sounds like fun and it would also be great to meet some forum members from the area. Helen is a great place especially in the Fall and Ocktoberfest is fun too !!!

Another idea could be a get together a the new Top Golf in Alpharetta. Anyone hit balls there yet ?

This sounds like fun and it would also be great to meet some forum members from the area. Helen is a great place especially in the Fall and Ocktoberfest is fun too !!!

Another idea could be a get together a the new Top Golf in Alpharetta. Anyone hit balls there yet ?

I have not been there yet. I'll have to check it out and look for a web site for info :thumb:

Tell me when and where and I'm there!

Definitely would be interested in any Georgia get together. Dates will be the determining factor, of course. But, I agree October is a great month in North Georgia.

Definitely would be interested in any Georgia get together. Dates will be the determining factor, of course. But, I agree October is a great month in North Georgia.

Agree with Ken, date is crucial but would like to play over there.

So, I've been eyeballing some cabins on VRBO and man, does it bring back how fun the last trip up there was. Those mountains are just great in the fall and there are some super sweet rentals up there.
Are there any other courses nearby Innsbruck?

The mrs and I are awaiting some date too. Be nice to meet up a second time in one year with some other georgia members

Should look at Horse Shoe Bend in Alpharetta .. What a beautiful trip planned .. Wish I could go

Just saw you're in Watkinsville. I'm in Bogart

Well heck let's tee it up real soon! :bomb: KellyBo and myself are members at Lane Creek. We left Monroe CC after a year to join closer to home plus the membership was a bit cheaper. :D

I'm interested! I'll keep an eye on this as the details come together.

I so want to make one of these outings with my dad. It's just such a busy time for me and a week to week thing. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Back