1 SPOT OPEN - 2014 #THPMC - The Ultimate Golf Event Period

Wow what an amazing opportunity!!! I probably meet that criteria the way I have been playing lately, but unfortunately I haven't kept an official handicap in 2 years. All I would have is my 9 hole scores from my league.
one can backlog their scores in the us handicap system available on thp.

if they are in the Albatross Club, they can enter away.

Do just want to say for those who are worried about entry on the higher end of the index...the opportunity justifies the dedication to improve. I know it's a short timeframe, but you'd be amazed what just a short time of high-intensity dedication to improvement can do for your game. Get a couple of lessons, shore up your short game, and your index can fall rapidly. Your confidence will be sky-high to make it just as you stand behind a bag of custom sticks, and you'll be ready to play much better than your handicap.

So don't be afraid to enter if you're in that 18-21 range. You've been looking for a reason to improve anyway, right?

The way I've been paying I could probably pass for a 14.

***OFFICIAL ENTRY***

Since returning to golf in mid-2013, I’ve wanted to participate in the Morgan Cup since I first heard about it. Followed along last year and worked on my game to be qualified to participate this year. Contests didn’t roll my way, but I was honored to be chosen to volunteer instead. My game improves with each practice session and round played and I would love to feel like a Tour Player for just one weekend. Whether getting to play in or volunteering at the Morgan Cup, THP and my THP family has changed me and my game for the better.

Was waiting for this one! Way to jump in there Chris, you would be a huge asset to the MC!

Who cares about being on DreamOn.com, but who ever gets picked gets to be on Team Cleveland/Srixon with me and 7 other Big Time players. Now that should be motivation for anyone!!! ; )

Good Luck everyone!!

I love that several of the volunteers have been right in the handicap range to throw their names in for this rare opportunity.

I know how much you wanted it during the contests Chris!!! Best of luck man!

Who cares about being on DreamOn.com, but who ever gets picked gets to be on Team Cleveland/Srixon with me and 7 other Big Time players. Now that should be motivation for anyone!!! ; )

Good Luck everyone!!

"DreamOn.com." Hilarious.

[pause]

Not.

We just need to make sure the new DotCom member can stay through Monday. I don't want anyone from our team trying to drive home after the DotCom Championship Celebration.

Safety first.

Good Luck everyone!!

Classy post.

"DreamOn.com." Hilarious.

[pause]

Not.

We just need to make sure the new DotCom member can stay through Monday. I don't want anyone from our team trying to drive home after the DotCom Championship Celebration.

Safety first.

I'll stay until Tuesday Seth just to make sure. Only one night of celebrating?

Last edited:
Whoever is lucky enough to snag this spot will be embraced by TeamDotCom and have all the support he needs to be ready for July. It's the chance of a lifetime for someone.

#DoWorkDotCom

Quoting for afternoon crowd. keep thread clear for entries
Tour Experience
Each golfer that competes will be sponsored by THP in conjunction with a major company for the weekend of golf. The competing golfers will sign on with THP for the weekend and will be sponsored in full. Their contract is made up like this. This golfer is sponsored by Cleveland/Srixon, as well as Bobby Jones Apparel.

Logo41.png

Staff Bag – Each golfer will be using a bag with the company logo.
14 clubs – Full 14 club deal is in effect. You will be receiving a full 14 club selection.
Golf Ball – Playing the company branded golf ball best suited for your game.
Logo Apparel – Each golfer will be wearing the logo of their sponsor & scripting of apparel

When & Where
Friday, July 25th – Sunday 27th 2014
Myrtle Beach, SC

The Courses
True Blue & Caledonia in Myrtle Beach, SC will be hosting this wonderful weekend. These two award winning golf courses embrace the southern beauty of the once thriving rice plantations and offer unique challenges that will be thrilling and invigorating for the Morgan Cup.

Schedule
Friday Staff Sponsor Day: Full day of range time accompanied by 9 hole practice round. Work with your new gear to get it dialed in and at the same time work with the media director to make sure all staff obligations are taken care of.

Friday Evening: THP Dinner. This will be held at the course and will be a fun time to relax and unwind as well as talk with fellow competitors over the tour life experienced in day one.

Saturday 36 Holes: Two rounds of golf will be played and points will be accumulated for winning matches.

Saturday Evening: THP Dinner. This will be held at the course and a great way to unwind after a long day of golf.

Sunday 18 Holes: 18 holes of golf to determine the championship team.

Sunday Post Round: The Morgan Cup trophy ceremony for the winning team and luncheon.

Team Dot Com
Mward - Captain :taylormade:
J4U - Assistant Captain :cobra:
Nebgolfer :bridgestone:
Atlgolfer :callaway:
Fupresti :taylormade:
WardF :cleveland:
?????? :cleveland: <-----THIS COULD BE YOU
V.man :taylormade:

Cost For Event
The cost for the event is $499. This must be paid at time of selection either in full or broken down into 2 payments of $250.

Here is what is included.
All greens fees & cart fees for competitive rounds & 9 hole practice round.
All range balls for the weekend.
THP Dinner (yourself + 1 guest)
2nd THP Dinner
Trophies for the winning team
Staff Bag
All 14 clubs from staff deal
All accessories & apparel
All golf balls for competitive rounds
All Accessories from your sponsor
THP SWAG Bag
And much more

This cost does not include lodging. This is not a stay & play event, you are free to stay wherever you would like, although we recommend True Blue & Caledonia and the selected participant can work with their new team on that as there is an opening.

Signing Up
You must be a member of the 2014 Albatross Club. If you are not a member and would like to join, here is the info.
You must be an active member of the THP Community or become an active member upon selection.
Due to the nature of this event, THP and Team DotCom are looking for a participant with an index between 14-18 ONLY. You must fall in line with this handicap to be considered.

Entering
The chance of a lifetime awaits you. Simply post in this thread in under 100 words, why you want to be in the 2014 Morgan Cup, the Ultimate Golf Event Period! A panel of judges will select the participant.

Deadline
The deadline of entry is Thursday 6/19 at 11:59am EST

Please keep this thread clear of "Oh man, so sorry someone got injured" type of comments. We all feel terrible about the injury, but posts not related to signing up for one of the most amazing opportunities to come along, will be deleted.

Whoever is on the fence needs to hop over it! After have participating in 2 of them, it truely is the experience of being a pro.... Man I wish I met the hc criteria.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

So awesome to see some of the guys who are volunteering be able to enter and fit everything. Glad I dont have to make this decision.

18 is the cutoff for the Morgan Cup.
There is 5 weeks to go before it gets here roughly.
One can easily drop a stroke or so if they are comitted to instruction and practice.

While I surely think I could drop a few strokes to make the cut (I've been working my ass off this year and am down a few strokes already) I don't think it's in the cards. I floated the idea past the wife and while the event cost is no problem the travel and lodging is. We're taking our honeymoon finally this year so most excess cash is going towards that :D

Next year though :D

So...would 13.5 round up to 14??? or down to 13???

I want to be in the Morgan Cup to continue my journey in meeting as many THPers as I possibly can, plus playing in some beautiful areas and being sponsored by Cleveland is the icing on the cake! Carrying a 14.4 index down from 16 my game is getting ready for major competition. I love my Cleveland wedges and I'd love for the chance to be a member of Team DotCom! Pick me and you'll get my full effort and dedication to winning the 2014 Morgan Cup!
Thank you THP and Team DotCom

Who's going to jump in on this and become a part of THP history? You'll never experience anything like it, I guarandamntee it!

What a great opportunity at the Ultimate Golf Event!!! Entry below:

Representing a top-notch company. Experiencing the camaraderie built from an event of this magnitude. Pushing myself to improve and bring my game to the next level. Developing the bonds and friendships that will last a lifetime. This is why I want to be a part of Morgan Cup 2014. Having attended a number of events over the past years I have yet to be able to experience the Ultimate Golf Event and what it brings to THP. It would be an honor to be a Cleveland Staffer and fellow Team Dot Com teammate!

The way I'm playing I can get my cap up to a 14 by July no problem...hmmm.

J/K. But my oh my what an opportunity!!!! Good luck to those that try and be a part of history!

I want to be in the Morgan Cup to continue my journey in meeting as many THPers as I possibly can, plus playing in some beautiful areas and being sponsored by Cleveland is the icing on the cake! Carrying a 14.4 index down from 16 my game is getting ready for major competition. I love my Cleveland wedges and I'd love for the chance to be a member of Team DotCom! Pick me and you'll get my full effort and dedication to winning the 2014 Morgan Cup!
Thank you THP and Team DotCom

Good luck Steve!

JM

You my boy Randy!!! (a little support for my local friend)

Seriously guys, its an awesome opportunity. Someone correct me if im wrong but heres my take on the qualifications:

1. Albatross club member

2. CURRENTLY IN THE HANDICAP RANGE OF 14 ISH TO 18 ISH.

Once selected you need to be under 18 by the event.

Am I wrong? People that are already selected are working their butts off. I got selected as a 9.9. Currently trending 6.4 and ill be damned if I dont improve in the next 5 weeks!!!

So all you guys that meet the qualifications right now throw your names in and bust hkur ass to be the best you can be in July. Handicaps be damned

Back