The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent 35 today just chipping with my AW, SW, and 58. This is all starting to pay off with me, I've actually developed some touch now, which is exciting. Hahaha

I like hearing that buddy!!!! You are quite talented.

I like hearing that buddy!!!! You are quite talented.

I'm over-rated.

Its become fun to just go out and chip and putt and just kind of lose myself in the process of it all. Had headphones today and was listening to Van Morrison the entire time, it was really peaceful.

I'm over-rated.

Its become fun to just go out and chip and putt and just kind of lose myself in the process of it all. Had headphones today and was listening to Van Morrison the entire time, it was really peaceful.

I prefer it when no one else is around, but overall I totally agree. You, a wedge, and 100 balls waiting to get smacked towards a hole. Great stuff.

Went and hit 100 balls with the new golf swing shirt. Only one fans session so far but I came away really impressed. Got some amazing weird looks and you could tell two or three wanted to gone ask about it but couldn't muster the courage.

I really need to get to the range more but the weekdays are just brutal

Could u really feel yourself staying connected?

Finally got back in town and got my chores done, so hit the range for the first time in a week to test out the hand and play with some new toys. 50 balls in and then some crazy a$$ thunderstorm came in and chased me back home. Pretty good session for a week off though.

Finally got back in town and got my chores done, so hit the range for the first time in a week to test out the hand and play with some new toys. 50 balls in and then some crazy a$$ thunderstorm came in and chased me back home. Pretty good session for a week off though.

How'd the hand do?

How'd the hand do?

It hurt :\ Tweaked my grip just a little to take some pressure off it and that seemed to help a little. We'll see what happens Thursday. Either way I'm not taking another week unless I was in danger of it falling off or something, and then I'd have to think pretty hard about it.

It hurt :\ Tweaked my grip just a little to take some pressure off it and that seemed to help a little. We'll see what happens Thursday. Either way I'm not taking another week unless I was in danger of it falling off or something, and then I'd have to think pretty hard about it.

Well that sucks dude, I despise hand/wrist injuries.

Where does it hurt?

Either way, whatever. The graphite seemed to help, as did the grip change. Not nearly as bad as it was last Sunday.

Tendon that runs up into the middle finger, with it being worst right on/in the big knuckle that connects the finger/hand.

Is it something that has progressively gotten worse or did you tweak it?

Is it something that has progressively gotten worse or did you tweak it?

Yea, it progressed over time and I think it was related to a grip change I made about two months ago. I went much stronger on my left hand and I think I was holding the club wrong. Almost putting a bunch of pressure right there. It's hard to explain though.

Yea, it progressed over time and I think it was related to a grip change I made about two months ago. I went much stronger on my left hand and I think I was holding the club wrong. Almost putting a bunch of pressure right there. It's hard to explain though.

Yeah having been a long time hand/wrist pain sufferer I feel your pain (literally) Graphite will definitely help.

That or big old cortisone shot :)As long as I can get through next month I'm fine. I just want him to make it better short term and then I'll do what I need to do long term after that.

Could u really feel yourself staying connected?

Yes it';s really hard to make a follow through though. the good news is I must be doing something right on my takeaway because it all felt natural.

Either way, whatever. The graphite seemed to help, as did the grip change. Not nearly as bad as it was last Sunday.

It's probably trigger finger. Cobb will fix you up.

Yes it';s really hard to make a follow through though. the good news is I must be doing something right on my takeaway because it all felt natural.
That's cool. my guy says my take away is solid now it's all the other garbage after that which is killing me.

Yeah having been a long time hand/wrist pain sufferer I feel your pain (literally) Graphite will definitely help.

Graphite will help hand issues? I could see wrist but seems odd it would affect the hands.

Graphite will help hand issues? I could see wrist but seems odd it would affect the hands.

Vibration dampening, will help a ton of things, hands, wrists, elbows etc.

I had a good range session this afternoon.

Spent the majority of the time putting and working on chipping. Putting focused on keeping lighter grip pressure and just continuing to read greens. It's funny how much grip pressure affects putting, but it definitely helps when I think about relaxing my hands.

Chipping was focused on trying to use two or three clubs to get to the same pin. I get into a bad habit of pulling a 54* around the green regardless of the situation. I want to be more versatile.

Range session was focused on tempo and keeping a "connected" feel. Just trying to get the swings in and trying to keep a club in my hand. I'm also trying to make sure that my left elbow stays parallel to my right elbow at the top of my swing. The right elbow has a tendency to fly open and lift, which puts my hands and arms in a horrible position prior to my downswing.

Had a really crisp range session today before my round. Found the groove for my new swing really quickly and found that it really relieves the pressure that was building in my lower back. I had been pretty sore for the last month or two and I loosened up very quickly today despite camping in the back of my truck last night. Contact was really crisp and consistent and it carried over to my round. Next session will focus on putting. So much effort has gone into fixing my swing that the flatstick has slipped a bit.

Really looked forward to some range time today being sick & a day filled with rain kept me inside. I worked on some drills from my lesson Friday. Really working on a pronounced weight transfer & relaxed wrists.
Hopefully, I'll get some practice time this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had an outstanding 95% of the time range session. The 5% was when I was over confident and going after it. This metronome thing is really starting to take hold and contol my tempo! The GW is a newtome club but liking the distance between the PW and the 54° TT. Can't wait for the virgin course time tomorrow and hope the last couole of range sessions bleed into the real word. I owe this course a few!

Quite amazed at the last fitting and how well it is coming along with this setup. We thought I might need another degree flat, but think these fit the bill nicely. Tomorrow will tell the tale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back