Lateral Line L2 Putter -THP Preview

Perhaps this will help grasp the size:
3B089D60-C39C-4023-9F28-51633BA4BC06_zpswyhlgkiu.jpg

Unconventional is about all at can muster. Would love to give it a roll.

620g head.. I think I would enjoy that. Interesting putter for sure James. Will be interesting to follow

I know the spec's say 70* to 75* lie but this is noticeably upright.

Will be taking it to the course tomorrow, should garner some attention.

Holy branding iron. Interesting for sure, looking forward to your thoughts.

Unique look, but I'm not digging the uneven headshape. The alignment aid does look like it would be effective, though.

Holy branding iron. Interesting for sure, looking forward to your thoughts.

HAHHAHA totally thought the same thing.

620g head with 200g counterbalance is just a ton of weight.

I did remember their line from my dip into side saddle style and had gone with another model to test that method with. This is one of those results based putters for sure--if it helps someone putting they will go with it. Interested to hear how you do with it James as you have gamed many putters.

Got this one out onto the course today for a little time with it, some thoughts:

• Its big. I'm sorry but its inevitable that the thoughts will start with that, because its true. I've got a couple pics I'm going to include at the end of the post that will help some get a better grasp of the size.
  • With the size and the HMOI design the sound is different as expected, it almost reverberates, not as much as a tuning fork like some HMOI mallets out there, but its there, a very different sound that gives no real indication of soft/hard/whatever.
  • Its extremely upright, almost awkwardly so.
  • The footprint allows for the putter to rock and I've mentioned their "variable loft" because of that which L2 refers to it as accomplishing, but at setup it is easy to change the loft you are putting on the putt from stroke to stroke.
  • Even with the 200g on the back-end it feels like a 620g putter, its heavy through the stroke and the longer the stroke the more noticable the weight. That said, the natural fear with this is that you would pound the ball way past the hole but it keeps a surprisingly good pace to the hole, it really was surprising there.
  • The roll is pure, end over end, no skidding unless the loft is accidentally manipulated at address.
  • Accuracy from short putts and long putts proved to be solid.
  • It does stand on its own (pic following) and does so to the point that you really can align the putter from behind thanks to the massiveness of the dual lines and the heads itself. Its strange really, it truly stands on its own, Bridgestone's True Blance does on a perfectly level ground with no wind, but this one just stands up naturally.
  • Its big. Its to the point where I have no doubt some will see the benefit in it for their putting and alignment/line, but for most the size and shape are going to be major barriers no matter what, it performs, but it is SO on the other end of the spectrum from what is known by golfers that it makes an interesting situation.

Standing:
d6b25d9a-7627-4040-bb0a-c258b6f248c8_zpscd398b95.jpg

Comparison w/ SeeMore X3:
photo18_zps0880c18c.jpg

Grouping from 30ft:
photo29_zps157c268d.jpg

Wow I never expected it to be that big based on the original pics

Got this one out onto the course today for a little time with it, some thoughts:

• Its big. I'm sorry but its inevitable that the thoughts will start with that, because its true. I've got a couple pics I'm going to include at the end of the post that will help some get a better grasp of the size.
  • With the size and the HMOI design the sound is different as expected, it almost reverberates, not as much as a tuning fork like some HMOI mallets out there, but its there, a very different sound that gives no real indication of soft/hard/whatever.
  • Its extremely upright, almost awkwardly so.
  • The footprint allows for the putter to rock and I've mentioned their "variable loft" because of that which L2 refers to it as accomplishing, but at setup it is easy to change the loft you are putting on the putt from stroke to stroke.
  • Even with the 200g on the back-end it feels like a 620g putter, its heavy through the stroke and the longer the stroke the more noticable the weight. That said, the natural fear with this is that you would pound the ball way past the hole but it keeps a surprisingly good pace to the hole, it really was surprising there.
  • The roll is pure, end over end, no skidding unless the loft is accidentally manipulated at address.
  • Accuracy from short putts and long putts proved to be solid.
  • It does stand on its own (pic following) and does so to the point that you really can align the putter from behind thanks to the massiveness of the dual lines and the heads itself. Its strange really, it truly stands on its own, Bridgestone's True Blance does on a perfectly level ground with no wind, but this one just stands up naturally.
  • Its big. Its to the point where I have no doubt some will see the benefit in it for their putting and alignment/line, but for most the size and shape are going to be major barriers no matter what, it performs, but it is SO on the other end of the spectrum from what is known by golfers that it makes an interesting situation.

Standing:
d6b25d9a-7627-4040-bb0a-c258b6f248c8_zpscd398b95.jpg

Comparison w/ SeeMore X3:
photo18_zps0880c18c.jpg

Grouping from 30ft:
photo29_zps157c268d.jpg
Good thoughts here. Holy cow that pic makes it look gigantic!! Pretty interesting I must say, not sure I'd use it but it definitely is another option out there haha. I do kinda like that it stands on its own, I'd like to set it and then step back from behind to look.

Absolutely enormous!

But I have a thing for gadgets and want to try it.

Alignment is easy peasy and this puppy is stable!

Wow I never expected it to be that big based on the original pics

Its why I've tried to give people different views to get the size across, I think most don't grasp just how big it is, the comparison the the X3 which is on the larger end of a mid mallet should help.

Good thoughts here. Holy cow that pic makes it look gigantic!! Pretty interesting I must say, not sure I'd use it but it definitely is another option out there haha. I do kinda like that it stands on its own, I'd like to set it and then step back from behind to look.

Its not the pic, the putter is big.

Absolutely enormous!

But I have a thing for gadgets and want to try it.

Alignment is easy peasy and this puppy is stable!

I'll bring it next time I come down, its interesting to say the least.

I would game it. Thing is massive, but I get it's fun to roll.

Wow it swallows up that seemore. But I'm sure there are some that won't mind that at all, especially if it performs like you saw it.

Wow it swallows up thst seemore. But I'm sure there are some that won't mind that at all, especially if it performs like you saw it.

Kinda my take, some like different, and this one is different. Its like anything though, some benefit (or would) from higher MOI and a larger impact area.

But man, you have to really like the different.

Quite an interesting putter. I could see some benefits for some from this putter. Like cookie, I think it would be fun to experiment with. I'm just not sure it would fit in my bag.

Back