2015 THP Events--Where and Why? Lets Discuss

Bandon Dunes its on my bucket list and with THP there i would be there in a heart beat i know theres always a fear with weather and this could cause a problem but id play in pouring rain there no matter what if i made the trip.

I have no preference, I'll make the events I can. But if you held a gun to my head, I'd like to get up to Wisconsin, Iowa, New York areas.

I know a couple of guys up in Wisco that would love to have you.

The Bull in Sheboygan Falls would be a blast. It's the only Nicklaus design in the state and very well done. There would be some lodging to work out. But all very doable.

There is also a nice indoor water park 15 minutes away in Sheboygan for families.

I know a couple of guys up in Wisco that would love to have you.

The Bull in Sheboygan Falls would be a blast. It's the only Nicklaus design in the state and very well done. There would be some lodging to work out. But all very doable.

There is also a nice indoor water park 15 minutes away in Sheboygan for families.

Ok, that's just sounds creepy.

I'd love something in the Northeast. But, limits on when golf season actually is up here, and at least in MA, there aren't a lot of courses actually near the airport or anything, so driving would be involved.

Bandon Dunes its on my bucket list and with THP there i would be there in a heart beat i know theres always a fear with weather and this could cause a problem but id play in pouring rain there no matter what if i made the trip.

Heck yes dude. I'm with ya. And my new rain gloves arrived today. :)

Like a few have said, the two events in AC have been incredibly fun - well attended and would pull from quite a few THPers in the NY/NJ/PA/DE area and beyond. Great courses near the shore as well.

I would love to do a stay and play event in Phoenix Arizona sponsored by PING, PURE Grips, or another Arizona golf company. Tie this into a visit to PING fitting center or something. Troon or Boulders would be a good course.

Texas. Please, with a baby coming this one is a really selfish one of me, no more, no less.

I would actually like to see Colorado as well, just because its different and could be pretty awesome IMO.

I think playing Wolf Creek in Nevada would be sweet!

You just make sure you have the events and I will try and make it wherever.

I will say Fort Wayne would be cool to host an event. Tons of great courses and while not a ton to do I am sure a bunch of THPers can find some trouble to get into.

Plus there are lots of DQs everywhere.

I was happy to see so many people mention Colorado. I am very confident that an event here would be great. We have been growing the ranks of THPers and an event would get them to become AC members.

Denver has many great course choices for an invitational. Great airport with low fares and good summertime weather.

For a "Grand" event, The Broadmoor is the top resort in the state and was voted top resort in the country this year. Keystone would be an other option as they have two good courses and tons of condos.

Other places I would love to travel to next year would be Pinehurst area and RTJ Trail.

I like the way you think Buck, I'm with ya

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Colorado (Denver)
SoCal (San Diego/Carlsbad)

I will say a Colorado event would be ideal. After that I would love to see an event in San Antonio at the La Cantera Hill Country Resort. It has all the amenities needed for stay & play with two great courses.

I'd love to see a Denver area event. Also, and I might not even be able to attend this if it happened, but a behind the scenes with Bridgestone would be awesome, especially with how good they've been to THP.

I will just list cities (I agree mike it more about the location than individual courses) and I think Cities that are easy travel destinations from all parts of the country would be nice.

Dallas, TX
Orlando, FL
Las Vegas, NV
Phoenix, AZ
Denver, CO
Atlantic City
Indianapolis, IN
Atlanta, GA
Chicago, IL
Branson, MO (of course that is not like the other cities I listed, but I am a homer lol)

I would have 2nd Colorado as the scenery and courses would be awesome. I'm not sure how large the influence is in Kentucky, but wouldn't mind seeing something there as well.

Both great ideas.

I was also going to throw out the KC area, there are a ton of nice courses in the area, and travel to is quite wasy.

If I had to rank it would be:

1 - KC
2 - Branson
3 - CO

I would love the chance to get out West with THPers. Colorado/SoCal are excellent ideas. I'd even say Arizona. If there's another Vegas event, I will not miss that. Seems to always be an event or two within driving distance for me, so I'm trying to think outside the box.

And Branson would be great so I can have a rematch with Sposey123456etc. :alien:

Oh man, so many good places.

San Antonio
Denver
Philly (not sure how their golf is, but I've always wanted to visit)
Phoenix

Anywhere we play will just be a plane ride away.
thank you everyone for the colorado votes. it would be awesome to see an event come here.

I will say I am willing to travel for thp evemts though :)

thank you everyone for the colorado votes. it would be awesome to see an event come here.

I think everyone just wants to see how far they can hit the ball at the higher altitude :golf2:

I think everyone just wasn't to see how far they can hit the ball at the higher altitude :golf2:
yes come ad add some yardage to your record drives :)

yes come ad add some yardage to your record drives :)

I would need at least a 7800 yard course to make it playable dude.

#internetgolfer

With KellyBo and myself playing golf it cost us double so for that reason we usually stay close to home so we can drive. Birmingham would be my first choice outside of Georgia. We have never actually played a RTJ course and I have heard some very good things about those tracks.

An event in Colorado would need a Stableford format, too.

Houston. I don't think we have any golf product manufacturers close, but we have some nice courses.

many THP Events are stay and play. meaning that the cost of lodging is built in. if we head back to Branson that will most likely be the case. although we will always make things affordable.

unfortunately while that may be the case we simply cannot do the work up front and make certain guarantees in "hopes" that more people sign up. wish there was another way around it.
big cedar :)

Back