What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this was actually yesterday, but some good came of a questionable day.
Played at probably the best course in all of Middle Georgia yesterday morning, Southern Hills.
This place is in the most pristine condition I think I can remember it being in the 8+ years I've lived here.
Any of my THP buddies nearby really need to hit it up soon.

Anyway, I hit the range, things went well and I felt great hitting #1.
The first tee shot went just about right where I wanted, but that's about it. The next several strokes were stinkers.
I finished the first TWO holes FIVE over. smh

Par 5 #3, I pulled a driver a bit left. Hit 3w wood downrange that ended up in a fairway bunker.
I'm now 87 yards out, in sand, and already struggling. Pulled the 55* Hopkins and picked it out and landed it only 4ft from the hole. Made the putt for a sand-save-birdie!! Things turned at that point.

I still had an occasional bad shot, but I lipped two more birds and made another and finished with a 46/41-87.

Had a couple more putts than I should, had one penalty stroke, a bad break by hitting a sprinkler head, but like my last turnaround outing, I'll take away that I can recover from bad happenings. Going Triple, Double, Birdie from the sand, made me feel like I can go hole-to-hole and get out of the funk.

43/41 for disappointing 84. Short irons and wedges were way off. Only 6 greens. 32 putts when it could have easily been in the 20s. Just couldn't get them to drop

New personal best for the year!! Went 41/39 -80 today. Was a short course but the irons were great and putter was better today. Loving golf again!!!
ybejyvy9.jpg

Nice work coers. Hell of a round!

43/41 for disappointing 84. Short irons and wedges were way off. Only 6 greens. 32 putts when it could have easily been in the 20s. Just couldn't get them to drop
Hang in there partner. Tomorrow is another dsy

Another PB for team albatross...way to go coers

New personal best for the year!! Went 41/39 -80 today. Was a short course but the irons were great and putter was better today. Loving golf again!!!
ybejyvy9.jpg

Great round dude, seriously!

Shot a 75 this morning in HHI. 37-38.

Pretty happy with the scoring. Long game was just a little off all day, but the short game was pretty darn solid. I think I had 5 fairways, 8 greens and only 28 putts. The relatively low number was definitely related to the few number of GIR. I made a lot of nice par saves, but I also left a few on the edges.

I also had one double bogey from just kicking the ball around. All things considered, 75 was solid scoring today.

Not the day I wanted, but I played well enough to keep it low. Super sluggish and sore for a majority of the round, I really struggled to get around on the ball and was turning pretty much everything left. Went out in 39 and came back in 34 with five birdies on the day, and I'm pleased with my ability to turn it up on the back rather than let the round get away from me. Also helps to finish with a birdie on one of the hardest holes my golf course has to offer!

Now it's time to enjoy a day off after playing for six straight days!!

Not the day I wanted, but I played well enough to keep it low. Super sluggish and sore for a majority of the round, I really struggled to get around on the ball and was turning pretty much everything left. Went out in 39 and came back in 34 with five birdies on the day, and I'm pleased with my ability to turn it up on the back rather than let the round get away from me. Also helps to finish with a birdie on one of the hardest holes my golf course has to offer!

Now it's time to enjoy a day off after playing for six straight days!!

Good job brother, hell of a bounceback 9

Decided to play a second 18 with AMart and our club pro.. I went 34-34 and nearly rung the bell each of the last three holes..

-4 I believe matches my personal best at the home course. Felt great to get it done and putt everything out.

16 of 18 greens.
14 of 14 fairways.
30 putts.

Wow Dan. Just wow!

When I grow up I want to be just like you buddy ; )

39 43 this morning at Fostoria CC. Lots of girs led to pars but nada for the birdies. Gotta work on the putter
Still a fun day on the golf course

C note. Worst round ever for a 6.6

You'll bounce back blu!
I recently shot an embarrassing 95 in an important tournament and wondered if I'd ever hit a ball straight again. Good news, I can!

Played 18 with my dad and my daughter today. She's 11 and drove more than she played but she had fun.

Started out with 3 bogeys in my first 4 holes then went 2 under from there. 39 on the front and -2 33 on the back for a +1 round of 72. I am playing out of my mind right now.... Man I hope this keeps up!

You rule Jakester. Another great round buddy.

I'm taking partial credit since our round was the start of your recent tear lol. It's the closest I'll ever come to an under par nine.

I wanna be like jake when I grow up

I'm taking partial credit since our round was the start of your recent tear lol. It's the closest I'll ever come to an under par nine.
For sure dude, all credit goes to you!

My putting has been INSANE lately too... Another nod to the Hawkster there too bro!!
I wanna be like jake when I grow up
Keep playing your cards right kiddo.... You too can be amazing. Haha! So humble huh?

85.. and an ugly putting round of 85.

Hit the ball extremely well. Driver was literally automatic. Irons were excellent... short game was OK... putting was AWFUL!! I will be so stinking glad when that shiny new SeeMore SB2c comes in.

5 three putts. Unacceptable.

Horrid 103. 41 putts, and at least 5 penalty strokes. I honestly don't remember the total amount, that's how bad it was. All penalty strokes were off the tee, with the Bertha now I'm hooking it instead of slicing. Need to adjust it some more because we all know that's it, can't be my swing or anything, right????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37 - 37 - 74. 3 birdies, 5 bogeys. Long game is still has a ways to go but iron play and short game were good today that enabled me to score well.

40/45 - 85. My mind continues to get in the way. I need to work harder on my mental approach so I can put 2 good nines together.

87 today, not too shabby. I had a couple of loose tee shots but otherwise pretty solid round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back