The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I just went through and caught up once again, I envy each and every one of you, the work you guys put in, the way you've all been there for each other.

I have a couple questions:

What are you scared of? and how are you preparing to deal with those fears?

What would you want if you could have it, more lessons, more range time,or more playing?

How are you preparing yourself to play in a tight match, when youre in control of your match, or playing catch up in a match?

How do you plan to reset (relax) between matches/days?

Thanks!

Again, you all are freaking rock stars I am enjoying the heck out of this thread, I cant imagine how glued I will be to your updates!

This will be a great way to kick the week off. Cannot wait to see our team and bond even more over practice

Proud Member of #TeamParadise
Going to be great meeting the team in person. It feels like we've accomplished so much over the last seven months. Only a few more left!

Looking forward to seeing you again. Didn't get to spent much time together in Dallas so that will change!
do you mean I finally get to meet BigTime?

I have had the opportunity to meet a few of this years Morgan Cuppers at other events and I am grateful I get to be with them again and share in such an amazing event. I am even more excited to meet so many more for the first time. Regardless of the outcome, I am deeply appreciative to be a part of this event and hope I fill my time with more memories then I can imagine.

See you all soon.
Looking forward to it as well. LIITA seems like eons ago!

Your daughter ball mark? Love that ball marker!
You better believe it!

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

What are you scared of? and how are you preparing to deal with those fears? Not really scared of anything but have high hopes and high expectations that I will play my best golf of the year during this event. It happened last year and I fully expect it happen once again.

What would you want if you could have it, more lessons, more range time,or more playing? Just more of everything but that's just not possible with3 kiddos and a job. I did what I could and I have my lovely wife to thank for everything.

How are you preparing yourself to play in a tight match, when youre in control of your match, or playing catch up in a match? Play my game no matter what the circumstances are.

How do you plan to reset (relax) between matches/days? Once the match is over, it's over and done, good or bad. It goes fast while down there and it's important to enjoy every minute of the ride. It will be over before you know it.

You rock MS!!! Thanks for your support!!!

No fears for me other than safe travels and avoiding injury. All the prep work put in has taken away doubt and fear. It will just be a matter of keeping the nerves in check

What would you want if you could have it, more lessons, more range time,or more playing?

For me I am always playing my best when I get to play a lot of days in a row so I would take more playing time

How are you preparing yourself to play in a tight match, when youre in control of your match, or playing catch up in a match?

Short game..... It is the great equalizer and unless you are playing against a team that birdies everything it will keep you in most matches. I played in a large match play tourney this summer and had each of these scenarios and other than just falling to a guy who was on the verge of shooting a legit 63 I was proud of how I handled each of these

How do you plan to reset (relax) between matches/days? It's all about focusing on the shot at hand and then giving your mind time to shut off. I plan to leave what happens on the course there and spend some family time at the beach when my team isn't in battle

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I just went through and caught up once again, I envy each and every one of you, the work you guys put in, the way you've all been there for each other.

Thanks!

Again, you all are freaking rock stars I am enjoying the heck out of this thread, I cant imagine how glued I will be to your updates!

What are you scared of? and how are you preparing to deal with those fears? Last week I would have said letting my team down, but I'm not worried about that; my biggest fear now is focusing too much on the golf and missing the rest of it.

What would you want if you could have it, more lessons, more range time,or more playing? The lessons I've taken haven't been terribly insightful, so I'd say more practice time, both range and short game.

How are you preparing yourself to play in a tight match, when youre in control of your match, or playing catch up in a match? Honestly, in team matches I'm going to rely on open communication with my partners to determine whether we press or just stick to our plan, and in singles I don't know. I plan on staying within my game and only pressing when I have no other options.

Hanging out with as many THPers as I can, in air conditioning if possible, and hydrating.

Great questions CJ.

Thanks!

Can't really say I am scared of anything. I feel I've taken all the necessary steps to improve my game over the last seven steps. With there still being so much unknown left about the event it's more anticipation.

If I could have anything more of right now it would have been more match play, different formats, and possibly a few competitive tournaments. I did have several match play rounds, but could have used just a few more.

As far as prep...match play is match play. Play your game and let the chips fall into place. The nerves will be there on all putts, chips, and drives. The key is finding a calm place to wither the storm.

Well this week I am on vacation in Florida. I brought one 58* wedge and six balls. I plan to chip a few balls around into the pool and have the kids fish them out. Maybe a round, and I mean maybe. The following week will consist of some mental prep, a round or two, and a few short game session.

What are you scared of? and how are you preparing to deal with those fears? Letting my teammates down. We have spent the last 6 months talking daily about the event and our games. Everyone on DotCom has stepped up and I want to be a teammate that can be counted on.

What would you want if you could have it, more lessons, more range time,or more playing? More range time. I need to tighten up some things but work/life has a habit of getting in the way. I am playing and getting lessons, but you always feel like you can tighten everything up a bit more.

How are you preparing yourself to play in a tight match, when youre in control of your match, or playing catch up in a match? Trust the work I have done will be the deciding factor.

How do you plan to reset (relax) between matches/days? Making new friends, enjoying a beverage or two and sharing some laughs with friends.

Scared? Not scared of anything associated with the MC. I want to show what I am capable of in a way that validates my preparation, but on any given day anything can happen and I will roll with it.

Would love to have gained a tiny bit more core and lower back strength, but there is a delicate balance between conditioning and pushing it too far.

I will strive to play each shot in a match (either up or down) against the course first and then my opponent while playing within my game capabilities.

Im not sure about the rest part. It seems like this will be over almost as soon as we get started since the vets talk about how fast it goes. I plan to stay as hydrated as possible, and be mindful of my body's needs. Hopefully, that will carry me through Sunday. I'll rest on the way back :act-up:

Hope that's enough to get it done.

JM

What are you scared of? and how are you preparing to deal with those fears? Letting my teammates down. We have spent the last 6 months talking daily about the event and our games. Everyone on DotCom has stepped up and I want to be a teammate that can be counted on.

What would you want if you could have it, more lessons, more range time,or more playing? More range time. I need to tighten up some things but work/life has a habit of getting in the way. I am playing and getting lessons, but you always feel like you can tighten everything up a bit more.

How are you preparing yourself to play in a tight match, when youre in control of your match, or playing catch up in a match? Trust the work I have done will be the deciding factor.

How do you plan to reset (relax) between matches/days? Making new friends, enjoying a beverage or two and sharing some laughs with friends.

I'm only afraid that I won't be able to stop smiling while I'm down in MB.

I've said it before and I mean it -- the event could be 40 THPers hanging out at the local Wal-Mart parking lot, and I'd be towards the front of the line. I want to soak all of this practice and preparation in, but I'm chomping at the bit to get down there and see everybody.

I just went through and caught up once again, I envy each and every one of you, the work you guys put in, the way you've all

I'm not scared of anything golf related, more scared about missing a flight, or how my wife can hold up while I'm gone.

More lessons. I've played more than ever.

One shot at the time. Hoping for the other guy to shoot his best and beat him by playing even better. Only positive thinking and fun vibes.

2-3 beers, good laughs and sleep.

What am I scared of? I don't know if it's scared, but like fupresti, I'm worried I'll have a bad weekend and let down my teammates, especially as the "new guy". But I think we've got a group of guys that will pick each other up, and everyone's going to get the most out of their game. To a lesser extent, maybe I'm scared of topping the ball off the first tee due to nerves...

What would I want more of? More lessons. The guy I was taking lessons from moved away, and while I've found someone else I think I'm going to work with, I didn't want to try to change right before the MC. I know I've still got flaws in my swing, but I'm going to take what I have now with me.

How are you preparing yourself to play in a tight match, when youre in control of your match, or playing catch up in a match? In singles, I'm just going to play my game. When I play match play I usually just play the course first, and my opponent second. In team play, that's something I'll work with my partner on.

How do you plan to reset (relax) between matches/days? I'm planning on making sure I take it all in, get to know as many of the folks here as I can, and just have a good time. First and foremost, that's what this is all about. Oh, and drink lots of water.

CJ - Thanks for your support of all of us through the event. We really do all appreciate it.

From a golf standpoint, there is nothing I am particularly afraid of. My game will be what it is at that point and I just plan to enjoy playing these courses with great people. From a leadership standpoint, I just want to ensure that Team Hackers (and the rest of the guys) have fun. I know that this is a competition, but we've all put too much into this for 80% of us to come home feeling anything more than 98% happy.

In an alternate reality, I'd love to have more of all three. I have really enjoyed the seven lessons I have been able to take, which in turn makes range time more fun since I am actually working on something productive instead of bashing balls, which in turn means that I am either playing better or discovering something extra I need to work on while playing. In this reality, I have done all that time and weather will allow while doing the other duties that I will return from MB to.

This may be a cop out, but I'm just going to play my game, and enjoy the time with my partner and playing partners. I typically play well around THPers because I'm having fun, and I don't plan to adjust that game plan just because there is a more direct competitive element.

Once I leave the course, the rounds are done. Between dinners, being around my team in a villa, and finally getting to meet all these guys we have shared this ride with, there are plenty of things to take ones mind off of whatever happened on the course.

I don't have a feeling of fear about anything going into the Morgan Cup. Just a sense of nervous excitement. Nerves will be there, especially on the first tee, but that will give way to the awesome experience that I'll be sharing with everyone.

If I could have more time (and had a bit more funds coming in) I'd want to take more lessons. I plan to continue with them going forward, as I have made strides in my game from the few I've taken already.

In terms of match play mentality, I'm trying to simplify my thought process. Play my game, take it hole by hole, regardless of whether I'm up or down in a match. And my #1 thing to remember...enjoy the moment, whether you hit a bad shot or a dart.

Between days, I plan to reset with plenty of hydration and enjoying my time chatting with my THP family. This weekend will come and go so quickly...and I'm trying not to think about that fact.

I know that this is a competition, but we've all put too much into this for 80% of us to come home feeling anything more than 98% happy.

This couldn't have been put more perfectly.

I’m concerned that my game won’t be as good as it could have been due to the time I lost in preparation due to injuries and surgeries. But, it still will be better than it’s ever been.

Six more weeks to squeeze in more of everything above.

Ask me in August and I might tell you. As for now, it’s my secret.

By doing what comes naturaly: Enjoying time with 39+ other folk privilieged enough to be experiencing this magical weekend.

When it comes to this event there is nothing to be scared of. 39 great guys, 2 awesome host, the volunteers,5 of the best golf companies there are and a great venue. Will I be nervous? I am 100% sure I will be but scared nope.

I would say more playing. My lessons have been great and I have certainly put in my range time. Hopefully with the time left I can play a little more.

Just making sure I play within myself. My partners on Saturday will make sure I do just that.

Stay hydrated and just soak in the entire experience

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not really scared of anything. I know what's expected of me from myself and my team and plan on executing.

I actually wish I would have played more. I've taken more lessons than ever before...went to the range more than ever but didn't get to play as much as I wanted. Post MC I plan on playing more.

Having been here before I know what I need to do. I play my game...don't try to be a hero and make birdies beat me.

Rest...not sure there. I mean fri sat and sunday are jam packed. I'll chill in the evenings and make sure i get ample sleep each night to help make sure my body is prepared.

I wouldn't say that anything scares me.....let's just say I might have some apprehensions if I was standing over a shot into the 18th at True Blue with a match on the line. I know what nerves would be there.....question is am I able to control them and execute?

More playing without question. In the 2012 MC I rarely practiced (range wise) and I played a ton of golf since I had a membership and more time since I was working from home.....I went into that weekend in late July and played my best golf ever.

Nothing changes in a tight match. Not only is it one hole at a time, but it's one shot at a time. Hero shot rarely works.....play to my strengths and let the other guy make a mistake.

My relaxation is chilling with my brothers from Team THP. This is the first year where I truly feel like I have others counting on me....and with that comes pressure. We are tighter than I ever thought we would be and we are not afraid to call one another out....but we're also the first ones to pick each other back up. Very special crew indeed.

I’m concerned that my game won’t be as good as it could have been due to the time I lost in preparation due to injuries and surgeries. But, it still will be better than it’s ever been.

Six more weeks to squeeze in more of everything above.

Ask me in August and I might tell you. As for now, it’s my secret.

By doing what comes naturaly: Enjoying time with 39+ other folk privilieged enough to be experiencing this magical weekend.

I'm sticking with my initial prediction -- Ken will be the DotCom MVP.

I'm only afraid that I won't be able to stop smiling while I'm down in MB.
I've said it before and I mean it -- the event could be 40 THPers hanging out at the local Wal-Mart parking lot, and I'd be towards the front of the line. I want to soak all of this practice and preparation in, but I'm chomping at the bit to get down there and see everybody.

What do you mean here Seth? You haven't stopped smiling for all of the months since you earned your spot in the MC.

I am not afraid of anything in terms of golf. My fear is that not everyone will get the full Morgan cup experience. Not for lack of effort but because of the pressure they put on themselves. Wanting to win is good but this is so much more and I hope people get that.

More rounds with my teammates leading up to the event.

I'm going to play my game and let the chips fall where they may.

How do you plan to reset (relax) between matches/days? I'll think about golf when it time to play. Other wise, I'll be hanging out, drinking beer and shootn the sh!t!

What do you mean here Seth? You haven't stopped smiling for all of the months since you earned your spot in the MC.

I just mean that I'll probably have a goofy grin on my face all week. Whether it's staff sponsor day, a practice round or grinding over a putt to win the MC, I'll be smiling. Still hard to believe I'm doing this.

What are you scared of? and how are you preparing to deal with those fears? Mostly I'm afraid of playing poorly. Not losing, but playing poorly. Some of it's expectation management: I'm playing in a part of the country where I don't have a lot of experience, new greens, etc. Just not the sorts of things I even really have access to practicing. At the same time, I'm confident I'll get those fears out of my system. I know I've made great strides in my game to get to this point, so it's a matter of having fun and embracing the experience.

What would you want if you could have it, more lessons, more range time,or more playing? More lessons. Unfortunately that just wasn't in the cards for various reasons. But I'm absolutely indebted to my coach for doing so much to improve my game through March & April and set me up for success.

How are you preparing yourself to play in a tight match, when youre in control of your match, or playing catch up in a match? They're all the same: Play my game, play smart, and give myself the best chance for success from shot to shot. If I'm playing well, and my opponent is playing better, I'm alright with that. Play the course first, and if my opponent slips, then be in a position to take advantage. But I'm smart enough to know my skill level isn't where it's at to have a "make birdie" strategy on a given hole, and trying to force something like that is a recipe for disaster.

How do you plan to reset (relax) between matches/days? Stay hydrated. Stretch. Laugh it up with Team Hackers and the rest of the guys. Do my promos and interviews and whatever else they've got in store. Get my mind off the course for a few minutes. That's pretty much it. I've learned from experience that it's too easy to get wrapped around the axle about what'll happen next time out. Just have to stay in the moment.

So we are getting closer by the day...only 3 weeks people, I'm flying over in 2 weeks and 2 days, feels weird that it's already so close!

So we are getting closer by the day...only 3 weeks people, I'm flying over in 2 weeks and 2 days, feels weird that it's already so close!

Can't wait to see you again my friend. Gonna be a real treat to hang again. For those that meet Henri for the first time, you are in for a treat.

Back