Hopkins DJ21 Irons Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great looking irons and I imagine they'll sell pretty well. Is it just me or are they similar looking to the Mizuno MP54's?

Nice review but the irons just look kind of generic to me. You got to like the looks it's half the battle IMO. But again, my opinion on looks has zero bearing on how they actually perform. Great review though Hawk

I am intrigued by them. Staffa is right. Very mp54ish. I see a little CG16Tour in there as well. Both are good sets to mimics. I am intrigued by these here irons

Great write-up, Ryan. They look really good and the price is tough to beat.

Nice write up! I really like the looks of these irons, and the price is definitely right. However I'm also in that group where an SGI/GI club fits better. For someone who routinely makes good contact, these clubs should definitely be an attractive option.

Hawk ! Great job! Those are some slick irons !

Great price point too!

Great review. These really look good in person.

Good looking irons. Solid price point and probably appealing to the eye of those needing the thin toplines

Those irons really look sharp overall and the look at address is one of the best I've seen, not to mention there is a ton of value here. It's tough to find 1 year old irons of this caliber for $600 sometimes.

Thanks for reading and commenting guys.

Great review here Hawk!

Very classic look that I think will appeal to many at a VERY solid price that is honestly a bit lower than I anticipated.

Doubt they have the forgiveness I need but still would be fun to try out.

Cool to see Hopkins hopping into the iron business, hope they are able to make it as they make a solid product.

First of all great review, interesting to see them dive into the iron market after their wedges. I did see Vijay Singh was wearing a Hopkins hat at the Quicken Loan tournament but I was unable to see if he was playing Hopkins clubs.

First of all great review, interesting to see them dive into the iron market after their wedges. I did see Vijay Singh was wearing a Hopkins hat at the Quicken Loan tournament but I was unable to see if he was playing Hopkins clubs.

He plays the wedges, but I snuck a peek and saw he still had Cleveland irons in the bag.

He plays the wedges, but I snuck a peek and saw he still had Cleveland irons in the bag.

Nice!! I just saw he was wearing the hat, but it looks like they are starting to get a name, even out on tour.

The review really makes them read like an all around set, which is fantastic to hear. I was anticipating good things to come from Hopkins.

Nice!! I just saw he was wearing the hat, but it looks like they are starting to get a name, even out on tour.

His Champions Tour presence is pretty solid for sure. He told me that irons will be a little more difficult since they are very much a pay to play item, as opposed to wedges that are sometimes open. I would guess we'll see a few sets of these out there on the CT before the end of the year though.

Great write up Ryan, they look great and at that price point they should have a great entry way into a very competitive market. I love the looks of these and would love to see how a soft set of casts plays compared to my current gamers. Well done Mr Hopkins.

His Champions Tour presence is pretty solid for sure. He told me that irons will be a little more difficult since they are very much a pay to play item, as opposed to wedges that are sometimes open. I would guess we'll see a few sets of these out there on the CT before the end of the year though.

Very good. Thanks again for your time and what a great write up.

Solid review Hawk. These are some slick looking irons, especially at address. I don't have the game to play them, but they'd for sure still be fun to play around with. I'm definitely in the I will buy it before I even try it group, and with the 30 day guarantee there really isn't any risk. I really can't wait to see what he has up his sleeves down the road.

These look like a great club, especially for the price within the class. I prefer (and probably need) something with a little more forgiveness, so I'm looking to seeing what Hopkins does with a GI iron design down the line, if they go that route.

Great review Ryan
they have a great player look to them lofts look similar to many others in that category and you can't beat that price

I'm looking forward to the GI release as well. Greg said to keep an eye open around Christmas for those.

Regarding forgiveness, what I said in the review is definitely relevant. Guys that have smaller misses will enjoy the help on them. Those that miss bigger will notice a difference. I specifically looked at that by hitting these back to back with my normal irons. Low face (not bladed shots, but very low) misses were handled much better with a GI iron. Like a good 15 yards.

I'm looking forward to the GI release as well. Greg said to keep an eye open around Christmas for those.

Regarding forgiveness, what I said in the review is definitely relevant. Guys that have smaller misses will enjoy the help on them. Those that miss bigger will notice a difference. I specifically looked at that by hitting these back to back with my normal irons. Low face (not bladed shots, but very low) misses were handled much better with a GI iron. Like a good 15 yards.

Given that I love to miss a groove or two low, that definitely puts these in the "wait for the GI offering category" for me.

Back