As much as I'd love to try something like that I'd have to say no because I think you'd have to keep playing them or it would screw your game up. If your used to hitting your irons a certain distance then all of a sudden get HUGE gains then you need to get used to them then what happens if you use a different ball one day. I would say if you did it you would have to be all in from day one and stay that way and never go back to a regular ball.

The ball would need to be able to remove itself from the woods or water on its own for me to play $100/doz ball. I'm using a whole fewer balls that I have in the past, but the fact is I'm just not good enough to play a $40/doz ball, let alone $100.

I probably wouldn't, but I have learned from here to "never say never" when it comes to equipment and would probably be interested if it was really that good.

That's a pretty good point lol, I've said never quite a few times here only to find out later that I've been missing the boat. You have wisdom, thank you for sharing it.

I don't think I would because I still lose balls too often. Even going whole rounds playing the same ball, I'm always just 1 swing away from not finding it, and ~$8 a ball is hard to stomach. That's like 2 whole beers at the golf course. If I made money at golf or didn't retire a ball until it was too worn, than maybe.

No way I am spending that much on a dozen golf balls.

I'm like a bunch of the others. Unless I'm not woods bound very often, I would have a hard time justifying that expense.
$100 would go farther on a pair of shoes or wedge.

They would have to be significantly better to pay that much. I prefer to stay in the $30/dozen range so making that leap would be pretty tough. If the ball was good enough to allow me to not lose as many, they might end up paying for themselves in the long run.

Yes! I would because I'd be curious if it was a fluke couple of sessions or if it was all real. 10-15 yards is be in golf, that's a club to club and half longer. I'd have to assume those would be my gains

Think I'm in the same boat as Freddie here. If I gained enough distance and control I'd definitely game them. If we're talking ROI, picking up another 15 yards a shot gives me an advantage in any money games or tournaments. Hopefully I'd win enough shop credit to keep buying them and then some.

Absolutely not! I have a hard time paying the $45-50 a dozen let alone twice that. It drives me crazy to lose a ball, hit a ball in the water or OB at $4 a ball, double that you'd see me jumping in the water after it!

Nope. I never loose golf balls and still wouldn't pay this price.

50$ is bad enough, although at this rate Pro V's should be there in about 5 years :alien:

Would they lower my score? If so I would have to consider it.

It is an interesting question, and if folks were seeing those results in person with them, I bet they would sell quite a few even at $100/dozen price point. Like many others, it hurts my feelings to spend a lot on a consumable item. $30-$35 is about the most I can stomach.

I refuse to pay over $40 a dozen, let alot $100 a dozen.

No, I play the E5, because they work well for me AND they're only $26 a dozen. I would love to play the RXS, but the $44 ppt scares me off. Plus this way I can purchase other fun stuff like Greens Fees and Lessons.

No way, not a chance. Spending 45 a dozen is already too much which is why I buy my pro vs used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not. A. Chance.

Thprs are a pretty educated bunch in terms of knowing that fittings do have a advantage. They spend thousands on shafts, clubs and putters. I can't believe that more wouldn't buy a ball that provided serious gains in their game.

I just don't buy it. It is a hypothetical situation. In real life more money is sober the search for non lesson improvements

No. I know my game well enough to know that even if it's the best ball ever, I would put enough bad swings on them to lose them.

Thprs are a pretty educated bunch in terms of knowing that fittings do have a advantage. They spend thousands on shafts, clubs and putters. I can't believe that more wouldn't buy a ball that provided serious gains in their game.

I just don't buy it. It is a hypothetical situation. In real life more money is sober the search for non lesson improvements

I tend to agree with you.
If you look back through the years, the same was said for golf shoes, graphite shafts, gloves, etc. Why pay $20 for a glove when you can get a garbage one for $5. Because to some, it works better. Why pay $45 for a ball when you can pay $25 for one with a urethane cover? Why pay $50 for a golf shirt when one from Walmart costs $10?

I do find it hard to believe nobody would pay extra for something they actually saw worked for them and significantly.

Nope I wouldn't. I don't even buy regular balls at full price.

I tend to agree with you.
If you look back through the years, the same was said for golf shoes, graphite shafts, gloves, etc. Why pay $20 for a glove when you can get a garbage one for $5. Because to some, it works better. I do find it hard to believe nobody would pay extra for something they actually saw worked for them and significantly.

Extra is a relative term. Going from $50 a dozen to $100 is a huge jump. Now if you told me it would gradually increase from $50 to $60 to $70 etc, then maybe the sticker shock wouldnt be so bad for most people.

The only way I'm playing a ball that costs $100/dz would be if I could control the ball like the Tiger Woods video game. Being able to add the power boost and spin as much and whichever way I please would be just a little beneficial!!

That's a pretty good point lol,I'v e said never quite a few times here only to find out later that I've been missing the boat. You have wisdom, thank you for sharing it.

Same here! haha

Being totally honest I would probably buy some, but it wouldn't be my full time gamer. I would treat myself to one or two dozen a year and enjoy the heck out of them while only using them on holes with no OB and no water haha.

I am a mental midget sometimes and knowing that the best ball out there for me is on the shelf and not in my bag would kill me.

All that said, my favorite balls are the V1X and the SR3, and I just refuse to spend $50+ for them when the Z-Star XV is $30 and basically just as good. The performance would really have to be there.

I guess I should refine my statement.

Unless I saw improvement comparable to Balata vs solid core than no, I wouldn't spend the money.

If I could find 40 yards off the tee without losing any spin around the green I would probably do it.

Back