Introducing Team THP - 2014 Morgan Cup

Winding down this amazing journey and I figured I'd make a long sappy post that few will read lol. Needs to be said though.

I'm am filled with pride for this team on a daily basis it seems. It's not always something put on the forum either, but whether it's a commitment to practice, getting out of a comfort zone, playing well, being a good father/spouse, a representative of this great company, or whatever - you all have made me beam with pride more than you'll ever know. Thanks for that. It's been an extremely rewarding experience to observe and be a part of your personal growth over this stretch of months. Something I'll always find personal satisfaction with. It's not always been easy, but it's been an experience I wouldn't trade for a second.

It's been a unique ride for us at times, right or wrong. I knew that it would be that way coming in. I knew we'd probably not be a fan favorite and looked at a little differently, and that's not always easy, but I accepted that. Sometimes we let it get to us and embraced the stereotype in ways that weren't exactly the best, but that's just the way things work and a day in another person's shoes will always tell the whole story. I am deeply thankful to see how well you've all come together as a team given the challenges presented to you. It was something I missed the last time around and it was my second overall goal as a captain, so having all of you unite like you have does make me smile. There have been times where things weren't perfect, but above all I wanted to make sure that we dealt with things head on like men do. I've said a few times to each of you that we can't change who we are, but we can accept and enjoy each other for who we are. We succeeded there and came out better for it.

Thank you for all that you've done my friends. I only hope that I gave you everything you wanted out of this experience - or at least close to it.

To the other participants -

I do think it's important to say that although we may come from a slightly different place than most the other 32 participants, we are certainly no different than all of you. Some of us may seem larger than life, or maybe you don't see eye to eye with every one of us, but that's the way the world works. The truth is we're just hacks trying to balance our lives, the forum, and our games like everybody else. We're not the Yankees. We're not whatever evil sports team that comes to mind. We are just Team THP. Cut from the same cloth as all of you and ready to enjoy this experience with you. Like you all, we hope to and expect to win the Morgan Cup, but don't mistake that for anything other than the same feelings you have about your team's chances for success. We post a lot, we like to make jokes (even at our own expense), we like to brag sometimes, but that's who we are. I always say that I wouldn't joke with you if I didn't like you. Hopefully you all can accept us just like we accept all of you. Have a little fun with us, because that's why we are all here on a daily basis.

Once this is all over, I can tell you unequivocally that each of us will still be here, doing what we do. Posting, helping, writing, giving tips, making jokes, entertainng some, annoying others, attending events, and just enjoying THP. This place is a part of us and we're not going away. We hope you all do the same. Relish this time, remember who gave you this great opportunity in your life, and focus on all the things that make the Morgan Cup great.

When we tee it up we're looking for two things - a win and a good time. We hope that you all are doing the same, because that's what the 2014 Morgan Cup is all about. Let's come together in the spirit of some friendly competition and may the best team take home the prize.

Post of the year dude, very well said. I respect all of you and the work you do for the forum, what a kick ass team THP!!

Good stuff Hawkster. What a good group of guys and it will be fun to see the work these guys have put in. I know they will play to win and I wouldn't want it any other way.

I actually asked Hawk if I could play just to play. He told me that was unacceptable.

I actually asked Hawk if I could play just to play. He told me that was unacceptable.

Just so you know, in the first part I was talking about the other guys. I deleted the part where I talked about you. It's a feel-good type of day!

Just so you know, in the first part I was talking about the other guys. I deleted the part where I talked about you. It's a feel-good type of day!

I knew something felt off

Dammit Dean. Bad Dean, bad.

Just make sure you have your coattails ready for me Saturday afternoon. Apparently I enjoy riding them.

Just make sure you have your coattails ready for me Saturday afternoon. Apparently I enjoy riding them.

You will need some rest after carrying me in the morning. Haha

Wait I thought that's what I did. Maybe we are in trouble.

Wait I thought that's what I did. Maybe we are in trouble.

I think we will pair just fine together, good buddy.

Though at the present time ive not been paired to face any member of thp in the mc, I still cant wait to meet you guys. Ofcourse all other teams have me awaiting a hand shake, you guys...well I must say im looking foward to it a little more. The amount of time and effort you put forth just to keep this place going is remarkable. I look foward to seeing the same level of effort into your prep for the mc...

Though at the present time ive not been paired to face any member of thp in the mc, I still cant wait to meet you guys. Ofcourse all other teams have me awaiting a hand shake, you guys...well I must say im looking foward to it a little more. The amount of time and effort you put forth just to keep this place going is remarkable. I look foward to seeing the same level of effort into your prep for the mc...

I dont kiss on the first date.. :act-up: I am looking forward to meeting you buddy. Cant wait to meet everyone.

I dont kiss on the first date.. :act-up: I am looking forward to meeting you buddy. Cant wait to meet everyone.
#prude... lol

#Youhaventseenbigsexyyet!

And have to agree with Jeremiah here. Looking forward to meeting some new friends and seeing some old ones.

#Youhaventseenbigsexyyet!

And have to agree with Jeremiah here. Looking forward to meeting some new friends and seeing some old ones.

I see him every day when I look in the mirror. haha

thread got weird real quick

I can't wait to meet the other teams. Some I know personally, some from interweb interactions and other I'm just excited to put face to screen name. Some celebs on the other teams, they all stared on Lost.

As we begin our departures to MB for this amazing event I just wanted to take a second and talk about my team.

First and foremost, this is such an awesome group of guys. 8 guys with a passion like none other to go out and do what it takes to win this event, it has been something Im thankful to have been apart of for the past 8 months. Seeing the fire and the desire to win each of them have shown forces you to want to take your game to the next level.

These guys have held me and each other accountable all along and have been there for the highs and the lows both on and off of the golf course. They have pushed me to be a better golfer, but maybe more importantly have helped shed some light on what is truly important even moreso than golf, and thats family. Im thankful to call each of them my friend and a member of my family.

I look forward to seeing you fellas again real soon as we write the final chapter in this amazing journey.

You're alright by me 441. Hopefully I feel the same way next monday :D

Mike, it has been a fun ride at time and a not so fun ride. But that's what happens when you are building a team. In the end we will all come together in two days and do our thing. This team, this week, will move mountains.
As we begin our departures to MB for this amazing event I just wanted to take a second and talk about my team.

First and foremost, this is such an awesome group of guys. 8 guys with a passion like none other to go out and do what it takes to win this event, it has been something Im thankful to have been apart of for the past 8 months. Seeing the fire and the desire to win each of them have shown forces you to want to take your game to the next level.

These guys have held me and each other accountable all along and have been there for the highs and the lows both on and off of the golf course. They have pushed me to be a better golfer, but maybe more importantly have helped shed some light on what is truly important even moreso than golf, and thats family. Im thankful to call each of them my friend and a member of my family.

I look forward to seeing you fellas again real soon as we write the final chapter in this amazing journey.

Mike, it has been a fun ride at time and a not so fun ride. But that's what happens when you are building a team. In the end we will all come together in two days and do our thing. This team, this week, will move mountains.
Kinda surprised to hear there have been some rough patches for you guys, I figured you all work together so much and know each other so well that there would be no issues. I suppose I sometimes fight with my brother too but in the end it is all good. Just didn't have anything like that on TDC, so maybe I'm just lucky.

Going to be fun meeting the legends of team THP in a few days time.

Kinda surprised to hear there have been some rough patches for you guys, I figured you all work together so much and know each other so well that there would be no issues. I suppose I sometimes fight with my brother too but in the end it is all good. Just didn't have anything like that on TDC, so maybe I'm just lucky.

Going to be fun meeting the legends of team THP in a few days time.

We've had a few battles over Dean's mom, but nothing that a good chat couldn't iron out.

We've had a few battles over Dean's mom, but nothing that a good chat couldn't iron out.

Stay away from her!

But seriously, we are a strong unit, a motley band of brothers, if you will. We have had some strong conversations with each other over the past few months, but it was all centered around improving each other as a golfer and a person.

We don't sugar coat it to each other, and that is one unique thing about our crew. We hold each other accountable and not not of is is afraid to say what needs to be said.

It has made us stronger as a team. It has made us stronger as individuals. And it has bonded is on a way I don't think any of us expected.

Back