The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

So I leave tomorrow for a week for the Bahamas with my wife and I am going to be out of pocket for a week. But I have been thinking about all the work I put in and I am looking forward to the rest. I have been playing and practicing a ton. This is the start of a great few weeks. I get back the 16th then I leave the 21st to meet my partner Johnny Mojo and drive into Myrtle beach with him. I am really excited right now thinking about how much fun this is going to be. However part of me is sad. I dont want this to come to an end. I am mentally in a great spot as I have no idea whats in store for me but I do know that its going to be an amazing week. I Cant wait to meet my team and tee it up with everyone else.

That being said what Harry's post in the Granddaddy thread got me to thinking....What is my normal routine... I have a few things, One I must hit balls to warm up. Two I must putt before the round and third and most important to me. I am going to have a cigar or 2 while playing. This is a great reminder to keep these things in mind, what are some of your guys routines?

So I leave tomorrow for a week for the Bahamas with my wife and I am going to be out of pocket for a week. But I have been thinking about all the work I put in and I am looking forward to the rest. I have been playing and practicing a ton. This is the start of a great few weeks. I get back the 16th then I leave the 21st to meet my partner Johnny Mojo and drive into Myrtle beach with him. I am really excited right now thinking about how much fun this is going to be. However part of me is sad. I dont want this to come to an end. I am mentally in a great spot as I have no idea whats in store for me but I do know that its going to be an amazing week. I Cant wait to meet my team and tee it up with everyone else.

That being said what Harry's post in the Granddaddy thread got me to thinking....What is my normal routine... I have a few things, One I must hit balls to warm up. Two I must putt before the round and third and most important to me. I am going to have a cigar or 2 while playing. This is a great reminder to keep these things in mind, what are some of your guys routines?

Hit the range for a bit to get loosened up and get some momentum going. Putt and chip for a bit. I've played enough rounds where I go straight from the car to the first tee, so I don't have a set routine and can kind of roll with whatever happens.

This is a great reminder to keep these things in mind, what are some of your guys routines?

Enjoy the Bahamas!

My routines...

- Stay away from the range.
- Putt 2-3 putts.
- Lot's of coffee before a morning round.
- Small warm up routine.

I have one practice round on Thursday and of course 9 holes on Friday. I might do some light work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday but likely just short game. I'm considering walking (not playing) each course Thursday an Friday afternoons if they allow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit wedges to 25/50/75 yards, then 7 iron, a long iron and then some drivers to warm up. For putting I will do a circle drill from 4 ft and then hit some from 10 ft and lastly work on some lagging.

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Have a great vacation dude!!

My routine is simple, relax a little and practice to stay focused. Nothing magical is going to happen with my game between now and then and I'll be ready.

Nothing will change, except I won't say so many bad words.

I think the only real change for me is I get an actual warmup. Usually I'm coming in hot before my tee time.

I usually don't get much of a warm-up before my rounds, so that will be nice to have, but other than that, not much will change for me, except it will be completely different.... Lol

I am so looking forwarded to getting my hands on my gear. Just to see that opening ball of the face a brand new club, its something special. I can't wait to see what bag Bridgestone chose for us and I can't wait to roll that putter. So many things to look forward to in two weeks. I am going to let it wash over me and soak it all in. Just going to go with the flow and enjoy the weekend.

We are playing two amazing courses, 35 1/2 holes (#9 at Caledonia is half a hole). We are staying in an amazing area and being hosted by two amazing people. I can't wait!

I am so looking forwarded to getting my hands on my gear. Just to see that opening ball of the face a brand new club, its something special. I can't wait to see what bag Bridgestone chose for us and I can't wait to roll that putter. So many things to look forward to in two weeks. I am going to let it wash over me and soak it all in. Just going to go with the flow and enjoy the weekend.

We are playing two amazing courses, 35 1/2 holes (#9 at Caledonia is half a hole). We are staying in an amazing area and being hosted by two amazing people. I can't wait!

Everything in this post. 100%.

When someone announces WCBM, they must say The Cow Is Wet

2 weeks from today I will be boarding my flight. Still seems so weird it's happening!

2 weeks from today I will be boarding my flight. Still seems so weird it's happening!
I'll be in the road to Rockingham, NC. Seems unreal that it is so close!

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

2 weeks from today I'll be playing a practice round with WardF. Talk about excited!

I think the only real change for me is I get an actual warmup. Usually I'm coming in hot before my tee time.

No Lie, the first words Wardy ever said to me was when he was arriving in a rush.... "being on time is highly overrated" :act-up:

JM

He's ok to play with but he gets excited from time to time when he drains birdies so stay clear!!

Good to know. At that point I think both of us will be excited.

What a great week we are about to embark on. Guys getting excited already on their estimated ETA's, practice rounds and ultimately the competition. Nothing gets the blood going more than the thought of all that packed into 4-5 days. The practice rounds are so great in getting to know the courses and settling the nerves just a little bit. Then all the guys you get to play with and have a beer or 2 with after each round and leading up to the Saturday morning tee times. It is a site to behold and a site to enjoy the entire time.

This is the big times. This is the Ultimate Golf Event.....Period. I have to pinch myself sometimes to remind me that I'm in this thing. I've got a good feeling about this week all the way around.

What a great week we are about to embark on. Guys getting excited already on their estimated ETA's, practice rounds and ultimately the competition. Nothing gets the blood going more than the thought of all that packed into 4-5 days. The practice rounds are so great in getting to know the courses and settling the nerves just a little bit. Then all the guys you get to play with and have a beer or 2 with after each round and leading up to the Saturday morning tee times. It is a site to behold and a site to enjoy the entire time.

This is the big times. This is the Ultimate Golf Event.....Period. I have to pinch myself sometimes to remind me that I'm in this thing. I've got a good feeling about this week all the way around.

Nate, regardless of the playful banter in previous weeks I am really looking forward to meeting you in person and shaking your hand.

Nate, regardless of the playful banter in previous weeks I am really looking forward to meeting you in person and shaking your hand.

You'll be better for it. Nate is the real deal
Holyfield.

Two weeks from today I'll be in a 2 hour massage, packing and hanging with my babies. I have a team of three that depends on me more then my team of 7. If they are well then I am well which means teamthp gets the fangs and claws from Panda.

Two weeks from this minute, TNT and I will be almost in MB having driven all day.

We will both probably be tired, but the drive will seem short because of all the talking etc.

There are so many things that run through the head. Things you imagine, things you have heard about from past experiences, things you just cant quite seem to visualize or imagine no matter how many times you try. I'm just flat A$$ excited now. I'm done imagining, and Im just waiting........ impatiently. I want to see my team and get to know them in person. See all of the other 32 guys and shake hands, share a cold one and talk about everything that we are soaking in. Cannot wait to meet all of the sponsors and volunteers and offer them a sincere thank you and gratitude for all that they have done and are doing for all of us to be able to live a dream that most never will. Finally, shake....err fist bump JB and give Morgan a hug for doing what they do and seeing what they see both here and now and things in the future that none of us can even imagine at this moment.

I took my assistant and customer service manager out to lunch today and we discussed everything that might happen during my absence. They know that I WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE. Frankly, its hard to even imagine making it until next Tuesday, but it will come and then it will be over. I am ready! I am anxious! I am eager and I am still humbled every day by all of this.

See you soon!

JM

So, getting very close to #THMPC now, a question for the participants.

Is your game where you want it? If you could improve anything about your game, what would it be?

Yes and No. Some days it's absolutely on point, others I feel like I'm scrambling pretty much all day. I'm absolutely comfortable with where I'm at though and confidence is high which is a good thing!! What I want to improve and will be focusing on the next 2 weeks will be short game. 60 yards and in. I need to leave myself with closer birdie and par attempts. It's a must and something I'll be working my tail off to get better at and quickly.

And more importantly, how freeking excited are you!!!???

I'm incredibly excited!! I also don't want it to end!!!

Answers are above in bold!! Thanks for the questions bud sorry it took long to get back!

Keep on grinnin' buddy!! I can't wait to get down there and see ya again. This whole process has been an absolute blast and really can't wait to see everyone down there!!

Back