What would you shoot off the ladies tee?

What would you shoot off the ladies tee?

Maybe a couple of strokes better......my problems don't result from distance off the tee, but rather the distance between my ears.

JM

This ^^^

probably not much, I have been playing from whites this year when last year I was playing from blues and my games hasn't been better too many stupid mistakes and not executing shots when it's the right play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I honestly wish that everybody tried this once. When the course is slow, play from the forward tips. It's a blast.

This ^^^

probably not much, I have been playing from whites this year when last year I was playing from blues and my games hasn't been better too many stupid mistakes and not executing shots when it's the right play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I feel the exact same even when I play blues now (I play whites 95% of the time) my score is not much different. I don't hit many GIRs either way so it comes down to chipping and putting.

I don't think length is an issue as far as golf goes. I thinks it's more shot making and decision making. I think most would be surprised what they shot from the forward tees

I think I could easily break 80 and go for mid 70s. Would be fun to try sometime

Jack Nicklaus mentioned years back that he would play forward tees for a round here-and-there to aid in practice and hitting different shots from places on the course he didn't usually "see".

At the course where I play most often, I would, potentially, be able to drive a number of holes, so, if I were able to get on in "one", then get on the par 5s in two, it could be 8-10 shots better I guess. But, that's assuming I DID hit the greens off the tee! Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea but most courses wouldn't be fun. I'd ne teeing off with 6-7 irons and still hitting wedges into greens.

Don't know if that would translate to a better or worse score right now hehe.

I don't think length is an issue as far as golf goes. I thinks it's more shot making and decision making. I think most would be surprised what they shot from the forward tees

This is 100% correct. It's not as if you will driver every green and one putt.

I honestly wish that everybody tried this once. When the course is slow, play from the forward tips. It's a blast.

We call the "senior" tees, the forward tips. It's from where my wife plays most of her rounds.

Not sure but I do know my wife would still beat me like a red headed step child. :beat-up:

Ha Ha. Now that's a fact, Bill. She could handle a lot of us.

We have a "Red Tee Open" every February at my club. It's a fun tournament, often played in some nasty weather. I have shot some low rounds in it, but more often shot about the same as from the men's tees. That's true for a lot of guys that play in it. If you play the course smartly, you'll score well. But, it's a fun tournament, so guys try to drive greens and hit hero shots, etc. It's a mountain course, so that strategy usually is quite penal for most of us. It's just for laughs, though, so why not?

We call the "senior" tees, the forward tips. It's from where my wife plays most of her rounds.

My home course doesn't label the tees seniors ladies mens etc. They are just different colors.

Not sure if I would score better or not. I would guess I would be 2-4 shots better on the round, just based on how short the Par 5's would play and being able to hit shorter clubs off the tee into the narrow areas of the fairways. Seems realistic to me.

I would hope better. My game from 100 in has been decent but you just never now with my game.

The ladies tee at my course plays under 5k yards with multiple par 4s being able to be reached with irons. If I didn't break 70, I'd be upset. You still have to execute the shots though.

After playing 18, my buddy and I often 'play it forward' but only use 7i thru wedges. Playing full bag from forward tees I might be 5-6 shots better just because of shorter clubs into greens

I played my home course from the forward tees a few weeks ago. I was 6 shots better than my normal score. The difference was on the par 5's and the long par 4,s. It was really a fun round.

My home course doesn't label the tees seniors ladies mens etc. They are just different colors.
This seems to becoming more popular around the country. Also, I've noticed that less and less courses are going with Red (ladies), Gold (senior), White (amateur), Blue (pro), and Black (championship). I think getting rid of the stigma of a color and title relating to a certain set of tees makes it easier to tee it forward.

As I said before, I don't putt any better playing from the front. I have never broke 80 from the "ladies".

Ha Ha. Now that's a fact, Bill. She could handle a lot of us.

We have a "Red Tee Open" every February at my club. It's a fun tournament, often played in some nasty weather. I have shot some low rounds in it, but more often shot about the same as from the men's tees. That's true for a lot of guys that play in it. If you play the course smartly, you'll score well. But, it's a fun tournament, so guys try to drive greens and hit hero shots, etc. It's a mountain course, so that strategy usually is quite penal for most of us. It's just for laughs, though, so why not?

She has moved back to my tees and shoots the same and sometimes better than she does from the ladies tees. She does this when she preps for some of the tournaments she plays in. They have the tees set back further back than the normal ladies tee boxes.

I have a great short game so if I play forward I can shoot close to par. Length is not my strong point so moving up helps me. Having said that I usually play the middle tees because its an ideal length for my 200 yard drives.

Most likely 10-15 shots more than from the mens tee. At least that is what has always happened before.

The last two times I played from the ladies were around 88.

I don't putt any better from the ladies tee than I do from the mens. Short game doesn't improve either. More hazards in play for long game is possible though.
That's what I'm thinking. A few shorter approaches, even when hitting a fairway wood off the tee. But the game is still won & lost in the short game.

I'm thinking I'd chop maybe 3 or 4 strokes off my game overall, just due to being able to go driver-wedge on longer par 4's instead of driver-middle iron. I'd hit a couple more greens. But putting and chipping don't care how far away you were to start.

Maybe two or three strokes ... Now if the hole would dynamically move 1 ft closer when I putt ... Because I leave them short when I putt, and my buddies always ask if my purse got in the way ...

Anyone claiming they would light it up is delusional. Take the driver out of play and add in some long irons off the tee and watch scores skyrocket.

Anyone claiming they would light it up is delusional. Take the driver out of play and add in some long irons off the tee and watch scores skyrocket.
I had this discussion the other day with someone . I may drop one or two strokes if that. I am one who actually plays better on a longer course.

I find that at a point teeing it forward will not produce a lower score than normal. Play a course to long and your scores will skyrocket. Play a course shorter than normal I bet you are within 3-4 strokes of normal. In my opinion at least.

Maybe 4 or 5 strokes better

Back