What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some very nice shots posted today. Great job guys.

I played 20 holes today. A miserable 42-41=83. I did manage 2 birdies (one out of a fairway bunker) so not all was lost. I went back and played two more holes so I could hit my driver because on 10 i hit one ungodly far for me (260) so I wanted to see if it was a fluke so I went back to 10 and again 265 right down the middle and then 11, 260 straight as an arrow. So something must have clicked.

Shot an 80 day, 42/38, while only using the Mini Driver (14) off the tee today. Not a good ball striking day but the up and down game was in good shape.

Shot my first under par 9 holes today. -1, 33 with one double which was from a dang shank. Also almost had my first hole in one. 140 yd par 3, divot on the rim of the cup, hit the stick and bounced back 4" from hole. I was screaming like a little girl when it hit the stick!! Haha

44/45 = 89. Worked on hitting some different shots I will need for next week and really hit the ball well and had a lot of fun today. Made all the putts I should have plus a couple more. If it were not for a penalty and a couple of blow up holes it could have been a very good round.

44/45 = 89. Worked on hitting some different shots I will need for next week and really hit the ball well and had a lot of fun today. Made all the putts I should have plus a couple more. If it were not for a penalty and a couple of blow up holes it could have been a very good round.
Your Game will be there dude, that I know for sure, sounds like it was a good match play round

Your Game will be there dude, that I know for sure, sounds like it was a good match play round

Thanks. It would have been a solid match play round for sure.

Played after my lesson and carded a 38 with one birdie and four bogeys.

Awesome stuff cap'n! Way to go my friend.

Nice post vacation round captain!

45/41 for 86. Played a tee further back. 12/14 Fwy, 7/18 GIRs, 15/18 GIR+1, 36 putts with three 3-putts. Poor putting and chipping today did me in. No scrambles.
Had 2 birdies, 4 pars, 8 bogies, and 4 double bogies. Two of the doubles were on par 3's. I really hate that!

I did walk and was glad I played better on the back. Shows that I'm building a bit of stamina and didn't tire on the final nine.

82, 40/42. Two double bogeys on two OB tee shots killed me. Tough round, just couldn't find a groove. Tough to complain though when it's 72* and sunny in mid July in Kansas! Fantastic weather.

37/36 - 73.

Personal Best - 18
Personal Best - Front 9
First Eagle - hole out on the par 5 9th from 60 yards

I limited my big mistakes to 1 hole and I capitalized in the right spots. I've never been more confident in my putting. I was able to get up and down 4/5 chances and only had 1 3-putt.

Congrats on the PB. Awesome round man.

Had a good day's work today. Started with a couple hours on the range and then played 18 in the afternoon. Shot 39, 39 78. Hit 13/14 Fairways, only 5 GIR, but 26 putts. I was a little disappointed on the front because I double bogeyed 9 when my ball plugged near the fringe of the green and we could not find the ball. On the back nine I was steady, but had 6 pars and 3 bogeys. Best shot of the day was a hole out from 140 out on a par 5 for eagle.

It was a reasonably solid round and the swing was nearly right. I felt like I was a little late to the ball all day, though, and left a lot of shots a little bit right. That accounts for the low GIR--hit a lot of fringes on the right side. The low putt count naturally follows. I'll talk about that tomorrow at my lesson. My tempo felt good though, so it could also be an alignment issue.

44/44 88 first time playing the course
35 putts
12/14 GIR
5/18 GIR

Posted a 36 in leagues last night with an opening hole double-bogey. I tried to play the wind (head-on) and flew one of the back edge of the green which kicked into the hazard.

Had a not-so-stellar night last night in league and shot a 46. Started on a tough par 3 with water left, short, and right, and didn't have any warmups, pull my tee shot into the drink. Drop in the drop zone which still has you carrying the water, try to get cute to a tucked pin and go in the drink again. Ended up with a quad bogey 7 to start the round, and the rest of the night was pretty mediocre. Looking back, I see 2 problems: my arms and hips were out of sync, and I was focusing too much on the result and not on making a good swing. I think if I make sure my mind is in the right place, I'll play better because I know my swing is there.

What did you shoot today?

Played this morning before work.

I carded a 38! WOOHOO!!! PB! So stoked by this. Putting I was a little disappointed in, but I did hit some really good putts. Pretty solid off the tee, with the exception of one penalty shot and second shot sandy everything was solid. Iron shots were great as well.

dapy2yzu.jpg

Last edited:
Solid nine there OITW. Birdies make everything better don't they?

nice PB Alex!

Played this morning before work.

I carded a 38! WOOHOO!!! PB! So stoked by this. Putting I was a little disappointed in, but I did hit some really good putts. Pretty solid off the tee, with the exception of one penalty shot and second shot sandy everything was solid. Iron shots were great as well.
Great round buddy. After seeing you play in Lake Charles, I knew it was only a matter of time.

Nice playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back