The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get into car this morning, key in ignition *click* *click* *click*.

Great. Don't think it's the battery (lights all work, radio is on, so is A/C) so I assume with what little knowledge of cars I have that it is the starter. Time to call roadside service and get my car towed to the dealer. What a way to spend a day.
Try tapping it with a wrench or hammer?

Don't understand how or why some people (my wife) can't understand the purpose of an alarm clock. Sets 3 alarms, hits snooze 5 times before she gets up. I set one as a back up since I wake up early anyway and might sleep in long enough to turn my alarm off once every other week. I'm not griping about her sleeping in, that's fine, I get to watch the Open, but why can't she set one alarm and abide by it instead of turning it off every 10 minutes if she's really trying to sleep as long as possible.

Try tapping it with a wrench or hammer?

Just the battery. Duh. Feel bad for having them send out a wrecker. If the local CC had a basic auto repair class I would register immediately.

Get into car this morning, key in ignition *click* *click* *click*.

Great. Don't think it's the battery (lights all work, radio is on, so is A/C) so I assume with what little knowledge of cars I have that it is the starter. Time to call roadside service and get my car towed to the dealer. What a way to spend a day.

I was sitting inside my car a couple weekends ago cleaning it out (you know, the crud and crumbs in all the nooks and crannies in the interior) and this happened to me.

I didn't think I was in there that long, but with the doors open, lights on, and listening to Stern on the radio, when I went to back out it just clicked. A quick pop off the wife's truck sitting a foot away did the trick. Like you, though, everydamnthing worked, it just wouldn't start.

I was sitting inside my car a couple weekends ago cleaning it out (you know, the crud and crumbs in all the nooks and crannies in the interior) and this happened to me.

I didn't think I was in there that long, but with the doors open, lights on, and listening to Stern on the radio, when I went to back out it just clicked. A quick pop off the wife's truck sitting a foot away did the trick. Like you, though, everydamnthing worked, it just wouldn't start.
Yeah, the guy told me it takes only a few amps to run everything, but a whole lot more to start the car. Thinking of buying one of those jump start devices to keep in the car. This had to be the day the wife left before me for work ... she hardly ever does, but today was one of those days where she had to run in early and I took my time to get ready. Figures.

Yeah, the guy told me it takes only a few amps to run everything, but a whole lot more to start the car. Thinking of buying one of those jump start devices to keep in the car. This had to be the day the wife left before me for work ... she hardly ever does, but today was one of those days where she had to run in early and I took my time to get ready. Figures.

We have one and thankfully have never had to use it. Great for everything however as ours has regular plugs on it. Picked it up at Harbor Freight for next to nothing too.

We have one and thankfully have never had to use it. Great for everything however as ours has regular plugs on it. Picked it up at Harbor Freight for next to nothing too.
Thanks. There is a Harbor Freight down the road from my work ... I may check it out on my lunch break.

People that suck at their job. Jabbing my kid with a needle multiple times and saying sorry doesn't change anything. Stop sucking at your job. Another tech comes in and does it in 2 seconds and is basically yelling at my daughter to stop moving. How about you stop being a complete A-hole to a 2 year old when it's your damn fault.

People that suck at their job. Jabbing my kid with a needle multiple times and saying sorry doesn't change anything. Stop sucking at your job. Another tech comes in and does it in 2 seconds and is basically yelling at my daughter to stop moving. How about you stop being a complete A-hole to a 2 year old when it's your damn fault.

Ooh I hate that so much. I have stopped them and up and left because of that before.

With all the rain we have had here, the city has been fogging for mosquitos.

Unfortunately, while dramatically reducing the mosquito population, we have had an insane increase in the number of gnat like flies. They swarm, they annoy, and they are far worse than the mosquitos ever were.

As stupid as this sounds, I can't wait for winter to get here so I don't have to deal with bugs... it is much easier to just shovel snow.

The Coldest Winter we have ever had, followed by the wettest spring/summer we have ever had...... add in the flood and the bugs... why the heck do I live here.

I briefly posted about this the other day, but there is an update. A dear friend of our family was in Maui with her family last weekend. While body surfing, she was hit by a wave and knocked under water. She hit her head on the floor of the ocean, and was knocked immediately unconscious. Her neck is broken, and she is in a coma, far away from home. She was without oxygen for a period of time, and the outlook does not look promising. To make matters worse, her young children witnessed the entire thing. My wife and her mother are very close to her, and my wife just called me crying. Things do not look good.

So sorry Erky

Erky, that is terrible...my condolences.

Trip to eye doctor = $270 poorer (after what insurance covered). New contacts, new glasses, etc...

Erky I'm so sorry that is awful.

Hate to hear that Erky

Erky: I can't even fathom man, my thoughts are with their family and yours. Extremely difficult thing to comprehend and deal with.

Erky so sorry , prayers sent,

Erky, I am so sorry to hear that, thats just so so sad.

So sorry to hear that Erky.

Just terrible news.

Just took Ellie and Duke out for a walk.
Ellie is hoping on 3 legs and in pain. Surgery scheduled.
Duke takes off for about 10 steps, gets wobbly and goes down for the count. Its like he is dazed and confused and takes a good 30 seconds of GG holding his head in her hands to get up and finish his walk.

The vet has told us he is not in pain and such a happy dog considering, but its making me cry. We got him far too late in his life and this dog does nothing but enjoy life and love all of those around him and in turn he is getting a raw deal.

What makes it worse...For 10 days we are going to be away from both of them and frankly I dont know what is going to happen while we are gone. I already feel helpless when its an animal, but not being there is truly killing me. If this was any other event, we wouldnt go and instead send someone. Clearly that cannot happen for obvious reasons.

Josh, I'm sorry dude, I know it doesn't help, but I am. I know how much those two mean to you guys, I'm still thinking about the Dukester and Ellie, absolutely.

Just took Ellie and Duke out for a walk.
Ellie is hoping on 3 legs and in pain. Surgery scheduled.
Duke takes off for about 10 steps, gets wobbly and goes down for the count. Its like he is dazed and confused and takes a good 30 seconds of GG holding his head in her hands to get up and finish his walk.

The vet has told us he is not in pain and such a happy dog considering, but its making me cry. We got him far too late in his life and this dog does nothing but enjoy life and love all of those around him and in turn he is getting a raw deal.

What makes it worse...For 10 days we are going to be away from both of them and frankly I dont know what is going to happen while we are gone. I already feel helpless when its an animal, but not being there is truly killing me. If this was any other event, we wouldnt go and instead send someone. Clearly that cannot happen for obvious reasons.
I pains me to hear this. I'm so sorry guys, that helpless feeling is just awful. I hope you guys can figure something out as far as traveling goes and REALLY hope everything will turn out ok for the two. Wishing the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back