The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

The sky's awake, so I'm awake, and I wouldn't mind building a snowman. Last night I was worn out enough that sleep didn't come too hard, but I woke up at 5:30 and my first thoughts turned to what is happening in just over 3 hours and I couldn't get it out of my mind enough to get back to sleep. This journey has been incredible. 2 nights ago we went to one of the most authentic Mexican restaurants I've ever been to, and I got to meet people who are THP legends and friends I've been talking with for 7 months but never met. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for today and the rest of the weekend because so far this event has been wonderful and we haven't even got to the main parts of it. My head might literally explode.

Thanks THP and Bridgestone for giving a hacker from Nebraska this experience and making me feel like royalty for a week.

Morning fellas, what a day you have ahead of you, soak it in

It's Morgan Cup day! I have no idea what's going to happen other than its gonna be AWESOME!

And so it begins!!!!!!!

It's Morgan Cup Friday!!!!!!!

Are you gentlemen just a wee bit excited for the little event that will start in the next 2.5 hours?

I know I am freakin' amped for you guys!!!

Josh and Morgan's villa looks a little different this morning.

2y2uguhu.jpg

Wow...just hit by a wave of emotions that I couldn't post earlier. As I slipped on my apparel this morning and looked into the mirror the feeling was so surreal I had to sit down and take a deep breath. Talk about an average guy from Ohio being given the opportunity like this is amazing.

Humbled right now...

Enjoy today guys. Remember to take several moments to stop and soak it all in and remember this will be the last time anyone gets this particular opportunity.

Although great unknown things lay ahead no doubt.

Wow...just hit by a wave of emotions that I couldn't post earlier. As I slipped on my apparel this morning and looked into the mirror the feeling was so surreal I had to sit down and take a deep breath. Talk about an average guy from Ohio being given the opportunity like this is amazing.

Humbled right now...

How cool is it to pop the tags on apparel that was scripted especially for you by a major OEM.

Fun times ahead. See everyone soon.

Try to take it all in everyone. This weekend is so special and goes by way too quick. Have fun yes this is a golf tournament but it is so much more then that as everyone saw in the video of ddec and I both crying on the green at 18 last year. What was I thinking that it would be his last one ;) But seriously the friendships you make during this weekend can't be described. The only people who understand this are those who have been apart of this before.

Don't forget to thank your volunteers. Their days start and end after you so if you think you are exhausted just imagine what they are feeling at the end.

Don't forget to thank the staffs at both courses for rolling out the red carpet for everyone.

Don't forget to thank Josh and Morgan but most of all don't forget to thank your families that supported you to get here. Trust me I know how much time is given up by family members so that you guys can go practice and get ready for this amazing event. We would much rather have that time with you but we also know how much this means to you. I'm sure most of you have received the your going to practice again look at some point in this process but no matter what your families still love and support you also.

I'm going to end with I wish you all the best and play well but GO TEAM THP!!

How cool is it to pop the tags on apparel that was scripted especially for you by a major OEM.

Either the air is on too low in this villa or I still have the goosebumps. Let's just say I've walked past that mirror about 30 times making sure I wasn't dreaming.

Try to take it all in everyone. This weekend is so special and goes by way too quick. Have fun yes this is a golf tournament but it is so much more then that as everyone saw in the video of ddec and I both crying on the green at 18 last year. What was I thinking that it would be his last one ;) But seriously the friendships you make during this weekend can't be described. The only people who understand this are those who have been apart of this before.

Don't forget to thank your volunteers. Their days start and end after you so if you think you are exhausted just imagine what they are feeling at the end.

Don't forget to thank the staffs at both courses for rolling out the red carpet for everyone.

Don't forget to thank Josh and Morgan but most of all don't forget to thank your families that supported you to get here. Trust me I know how much time is given up by family members so that you guys can go practice and get ready for this amazing event. We would much rather have that time with you but we also know how much this means to you. I'm sure most of you have received the your going to practice again look at some point in this process but no matter what your families still love and support you also.

I'm going to end with I wish you all the best and play well but GO TEAM THP!!
That was awesome Jen. Thank you for that and for your support. And for letting us have that wonderful hunk of man for 1 more weekend.

The day is here. The first wake up was about 330 am and then getting about 30-45 mins each time I can doze off again...now I have given up on getting back to sleep and just embracing the day. The event itself I really overwhelming and so far its just from the very little that I know from last years event and what I have experienced this far. Today its #franchiserewritten and #thefinalChapter and I only have a glimpse of what the day will hold.

The people of THP are awesome, the sponsors have outdone themselves, and I am a 44 year old dude taking in this day like a kid on Christmas morning!

Little teaser

ygyhanup.jpg

That was awesome Jen. Thank you for that and for your support. And for letting us have that wonderful hunk of man for 1 more weekend.

You sure you only want him for a weekend;)

Wow...what a gripping post Jen. I dropped a few tears reading it to my wife.

OMG! That is fantastic.

Setting an alarm for this morning was an absolute joke of a decision. #unnecessary
Yeah, I beat my alarm but an hour and a half. It's here...

Little teaser

ygyhanup.jpg

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah

Let it begin gents, enjoy every second of it!

#whirlwind

Back