Live Update Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup Staff Sponsor Day

Awww damn ... why .... it seems so popular!?

Sometimes you need to end one event in order to clear the stage for something even better to come along. The MC may be over but THP doesn't ever go backwards when it comes to events. Ever.

That's awesome! Can't wait to hear what comes next!

I am finally catching up in this thread. I really haven't had a chance to look through it until this morning. Thanks again to the volunteers and sponsors for making Media Day happen. It is a day we had all been looking forward to and no one was disappointed. It was a whirlwind and the volunteers and sponsors made us feel like absolute rock stars. I spent more time oohing and awing over all the staff bags, equipment, swag than hitting range balls. Seeing all those bags lined up was quite the sight.

Big shout out to Josh, Lauren, and all the Bridgestone crew for going above and beyond for us. Getting to use Josh's (from Bridgestone's) pair of Google Glass while I hit a few on the range was something else.

Can't believe Media Day has come and gone, but what an experience.

IMG_1944_zps726db493.jpg

IMG_1943_zps89212ee0.jpg

IMG_1942_zpsc774ead3.jpg

IMG_1949_zps63a34a4a.jpg

I am finally catching up in this thread. I really haven't had a chance to look through it until this morning. Thanks again to the volunteers and sponsors for making Media Day happen. It is a day we had all been looking forward to and no one was disappointed. It was a whirlwind and the volunteers and sponsors made us feel like absolute rock stars. I spent more time oohing and awing over all the staff bags, equipment, swag than hitting range balls. Seeing all those bags lined up was quite the sight.

Big shout out to Josh, Lauren, and all the Bridgestone crew for going above and beyond for us. Getting to use Josh's (from Bridgestone's) pair of Google Glass while I hit a few on the range was something else.

Can't believe Media Day has come and gone, but what an experience.

IMG_1944_zps726db493.jpg

IMG_1943_zps89212ee0.jpg

IMG_1942_zpsc774ead3.jpg

IMG_1949_zps63a34a4a.jpg

Good stuff love the photos. Bridgestone and all the companies really stepped up for their Staffers.

Sometimes you need to end one event in order to clear the stage for something even better to come along. The MC may be over but THP doesn't ever go backwards when it comes to events. Ever.

For a little fella you are the biggest guy I know.

I can't wait till we can tell everyone about our clubs. Full reviews will be done by all

I can't wait till we can tell everyone how awesome Tim is, wait, HE'S FLIPPIN AWESOME!
I don't think I've ever laughed so hard this week listening to "Tim Tales." Guy had us rolling every night in the villa.

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard this week listening to "Tim Tales." Guy had us rolling every night in the villa.
No doubt, he has a way of telling stories that just had me in tears.

Finally had a chance to read through this thread today while traveling and while watching last year's coverage. This was a very special day, and the volunteers CRUSHED the coverage. I was a little distracted and didn't post as many updates as I would have liked to, but they brought the coverage to the forums so well that I don't think anything was missed. I'm hoping the walkout onto the range makes the coverage because it was something special. Very nice change made by THP.

So I just got done going through this entire thread again (I was on TapaTalk Friday). I thought the pictures were awesome on Friday when viewing them on my phone....I had no idea. I've sat here stunned at the absolute quality of the pics and the completely beautiful clubs. The range pictures rival anything I've seen before on any forum. I know the Volunteers have been thanked a lot over the past several days, but certainly it can't ever be to much..so here's one more. Thank You Guys and Ladies :clapp::clapp:

The hardest part was remembering to stay on task. All the staffers made us feel like we were part of the event. It's so easy to become a spectator of your friends living a dream.

The hardest part was remembering to stay on task. All the staffers made us feel like we were part of the event. It's so easy to become a spectator of your friends living a dream.
Kev, you guys all knocked it out of the park.

No doubt, I could have easily gotten caught up in just watching all the fun and then realized "oh hell, I'm supposed to be taking pictures"

One of the coolest moments in my entire time on THP was when MikeG was standing elevated over that room full of THP'rs and let us loose on the range. Seeing everybody bumrush the back door of the clubhouse was intense.

There were cameras filming the walk to the range when the guys got their bags. What a cool moment to see their faces.

Staff sponsor day kicked the living crap out of media day.

You can say that again. I think I said that out loud about 50 times.

Live Update Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup Staff Sponsor Day

I agree JB. It was just so much better. I will always remember their faces coming around that corner and stepping up to the range. Just awesome.

I hope that coverage came out ok. I would hate for the forum to not get to see their reactions.

Last edited:
Yeah, doing what did on staff sponsor day with Bridgestone was pretty darn cool.

Most defiantly JB. I felt like a kid walking down stairs on Christmas day sept this time all my friends were with me and the presents were out of this world. That is one day I will never forget. It might have stormed that afternoon but I still had a smile on my face.

Can't comment on past Media Days, but Staff Sponsor Day was incredible. I think I was in shock for the first hour or so, just gawking at everything going on, and staring at my bag of clubs. Our Sponsor rep, Ken from TaylorMade was awesome. He made sure we had everything we needed for the tournament, and during lunch went out and got some additional items for us. In my case, my shoes were a little tight and I was concerned about playing 36 in them. He brought me another pair that fit great, more balls and gloves (the humidity was so high that we had to rotate gloves often). He showed up on the first tee on Saturday morning with a few more goodies he thought we might need for the round. I need to get his twitter handle so I can give him a shout out.

For those of us viewing online, without a doubt.

Ain't that the truth. I got caught up watching Spicoli on the par 3 #3 at TB and almost missed catching history. That's all I needed to focus and make sure each shot was captured.

Back