The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Most defiantly will be playing my new clubs. I had used clubs and they were starting to fall apart so this will be great for me.
The way you played, absolutely they should remain in your bag!

The way you played, absolutely they should remain in your bag!
Oh I know Kang, that's the biggest reason. So nice to play clubs that actually are built for you specifically. It's a whole new ball game now.

Cookie had a freakin hole in one....AT THE MORGAN CUP....in a tight match! Think about that for a minute. So freakin cool!!!

JM those are some solid pictures, can't wait to read your recaps.

Cookie had a freakin hole in one....AT THE MORGAN CUP....in a tight match! Think about that for a minute. So freakin cool!!!

Even more special because it was to square the match. I said it yesterday, for the life of me I have no idea how he birdied the next hole. I wouldnt have been able to hit another shot all day.

Cookie had massive swagger on Sunday afternoon. All man right there.

Even more special because it was to square the match. I said it yesterday, for the life of me I have no idea how he birdied the next hole. I wouldnt have been able to hit another shot all day.

There was a backup of sorts and we had time to chill with Deano and Hawk on the teebox as they watched groups go off. We probably waited 6-8 minutes for us to hit and it gave him time to focus again on the next shot. We joked about it, but he and I both needed that pause to get back in a good mind frame.

Question for the participants. How many of you are making a permanent switch to your MC clubs? If just a subset of them which ones?
I am putting the entire bag into play immediately. The only club I want completely sold in after this weekend was the putter, but I am going to give it some time before I make a call on that.

My daughter at dinner last night: [video=youtube;xNSmpCCg-OY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNSmpCCg-OY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Pretty much what I look like at work right now.

My daughter at dinner last night: [video=youtube;xNSmpCCg-OY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNSmpCCg-OY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

LOL Ricky. I can TOTALLY see you making that face man! Hang in there...... And eat your peas.

JM

Question for the participants. How many of you are making a permanent switch to your MC clubs? If just a subset of them which ones?

Nothing will change but the putter...that was taken out before I even packed to go home. It rode outside the staffer by itself.

Its been no secret that I havent been a fan of the MD Wedges so I will probably go back to my Hopkins wedges. Everything else is pretty set.

As of right now everything but the putter is staying in the bag. I need more time with the wedges to decide if they're going to stay or not. I think I'll be trading in some old clubs to purchase a bio cell+ driver and fairway wood. Other than that all bridgestone baby. Especially the hybrid. Best club I've ever hit period.

My post-MC bag will be almost entirely my MC clubs. The Big Bertha driver, 3W, X2Hot Hybrids, and Apex irons are 100% certain, and I think several people might hunt me down if I was tempted otherwise. The three slots I want to spend more time with are 54 and 58 deg wedges and putter.

54 - I got the Apex SW and had been playing with a Callaway Forged 54 wedge. This is a full shot club primarily for me, using the set matching SW was an experiment, and I'm thinking the Apex will win out, but I need to test head to head to make sure.

58 - I got the MD2, 58, C grind and had been playing with a Callaway Forged 58 wedge. This is my primary chipping/sand club, and was honestly a slot I struggled with at True Blue/Caledonia both before and after we got the new clubs on Staff Sponsor Day. I again just need to do some more range testing and see which one feels better to me.

Putter - My MC Putter is the White Hot Pro #2 (heel shafted, half shaft offset). It was meant as a bit of a test in using a putter with some toe hang compared to the stable of face balanced Odysseys and SeeMores I have. I felt really good and confident with it all weekend, and if I played today, I would be using it, but again want to do some head to head comparison when I get a chance.

One thing that will NOT be my gamer is that beautiful staff bag. Once I decide if I will be using it during the Gauntlet or not, it will be moving to it's permanent slot as a trophy in my office next to my 2011 MC staff bag (which will be outclassed by comparison).

Donne was smacking that Big Bertha driver around this weeekend! Very impressive!

If donne wants me to visit, all he has to do is threaten to take his driver and 3w out of his bag, and I'll drive all night to Tennessee to beat some sense into him!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Donne was smacking that Big Bertha driver around this weeekend! Very impressive!

She was really good to me...luckily the wife and Bertha can coexist under the same roof.

You weren't supposed to tell people about that.

I hope my tee shot on 3 makes it. There's context behind why I started waving to Mike G after contact

Thought you were gonna start walking it in across the pond.

I shall now call you Jesus.

I honestly thought I would be putting the Altitudes back into the bag when I got home but that's not the case. Baffler XL irons are staying in there for the foreseeable future.

Driver, hybrids, and wedges were already staying in regardless (although driver and I were questionable as of a few weeks ago).

Putter will get shuffled between the X2, new PR M2, and new Z2C.

What I can tell you is that my J40 driver w/ shaft, 3w w/ shaft will not be going anywhere anytime soon. I was hitting the ball so well minus that one tee shot (nerves induced) like a mad man this past weekend. All my clubs will be in there for sometime...now to find me a Bridgestone Stand Bag, because that staffer isnt going to see another blade of grass.

Announcement

Coverage will be posted the week of August 25th. It will be broken down into 4 rounds and based on what we have seen so far, there is some awesome stuff.

Quoting for anyone that may have missed this the first time (like I did).

This is priceless.

I just did an Annabelle imitation in a meeting. And I was running it.

She was really good to me...luckily the wife and Bertha can coexist under the same roof.

Just don't try to sneak the Bertha into bed.

The first time I saw you swing was on #10 on Staff Sponsor Day. You piped it right down the middle and your swing looked great. #sandbagger

Just don't try to sneak the Bertha into bed.

The first time I saw you swing was on #10 on Staff Sponsor Day. You piped it right down the middle and your swing looked great. #sandbagger

<Whew!! He didn't see the bad ones.>

Pulled this out of the staff bag and its starting to get dusty again. You all are so freaking awesome.

8ajyda7y.jpg

Back