Recap Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup

Love the Assumption shirt WCBM. Way to represent the 508!

It's hard to put into words how one of my favorite people tells stories, but if pictures could speak, I hope these offer some justice. He had Parshooter36 and AMart absolutely rolling. (early apologies for the arctic legs, I wasn't trying to be super obvious while capturing greatness)

Wicked cool bearded man, you are one of the greats.

je2u5aha.jpg

usu2usuv.jpg

de9a9aje.jpg

enyme8a5.jpg

ahe2y7yq.jpg

This is one of the greatest posts of all time. I love Tim, the dude is AWESOME

For the record, I cried five times Sunday morning between the time I got up and the time I left the first tee...so that was definitely the right answer for that question.
I asked that same question to about 20 guys on that first tee. Your answer surprised me the most (not the answer itself, but the genuine honesty in how you said it). I had to share it with Josh.

Trying to decide video or no video??!! You pick tclutch.

Just do several vines back to back to back, etc...

Nate I think you should do the whole thing with a bunch of Vines

I need to be faster at this reading/posting thing...

Well played, Dean.

I need to be faster at this reading/posting thing...

Well played, Dean.

my lawyer will be contacting you for stealing my idea. #LawyerUp

This all started for me on the streets of Seattle, last October. I remember it like it was yesterday, walking Downtown to get a few things for my client and see that there will be a #TEAMTHP
Spoiler
IMG_6928_zps4825adad.jpg
To say I was excited would be an understatement. It was not immediate but once we found out all the members we came together as group pretty quick. The Team concept set in earlier this year and the brotherhood bond was sealed this past weekend. Hanging with these 7 guys for 5 days was something special. Each and everyone of them will forever have a friend in me.
The MC took 8 months develop and I remember thinking on Thursday that Saturday was still not in reach. I was glad, it seemed like time was standing still but we were all still enjoying the time we had with each other and the rest of the crews we would face in competition. It was great to see guys finally get the significance of the event and why it meant so much to so many. It was even cooler to hear grown men gush over their gear once Friday morning rolled around. As a vet of the event I was able to relate to the newness but the way it was introduced to all of us was pretty damn cool.

Spoiler
IMG_6911_zpsf2fab6e3.jpg

There was so much chrome and graphite and leather, it wasn't even funny. After some housekeeping we all started swinging clubs. Divots and dirt were flying all over the place. Some hit wedges, others hit drivers but rest assured everyone hit something. It was a sight to see as THP just melted across the foot field wide range. Blues, reds, blacks, oranges and silvers could be seen across the range on the various staff bags. Tinks, thuds, OMGS, LOL, a few choice words could be heard and smiles never quit. What a Friday morning for all that attended. Staff sponsor day was different for all that came but it was fun for everyone. I think MB must be near the equator because it was so freak'n hot but all made it through. Rain was a welcome distraction once it came time to play with our sponsors but the lightening cut it all short.

I personally was exhausted and managed a few winks when it was done and over with. My villa mates made sure it didn't last long and scared the sh!t out me and we all had a good laugh over all weekend. I guess the expression on my face scared them more then they scared me. Friday lived up to its billing and then some.

I am still scared. I wont be sleeping for a while. You made 4 grown men jump out of their skin and run out of the room like little girls. Haha

Hey Ryan, when are we having a SLGR Golf investment meeting? I have 2000 PVC pipes and rubber bands on order.

Fupe I need you to change your avatar. Even just imagining that tee shot I still hit that stupid tree every time.

I asked that same question to about 20 guys on that first tee. Your answer surprised me the most (not the answer itself, but the genuine honesty in how you said it). I had to share it with Josh.

Now that you say that, I do remember saying that to you instead of Josh, but with the million directions my brain was running that morning, anything was possible.

Fupe I need you to change your avatar. Even just imagining that tee shot I still hit that stupid tree every time.

You mean The "Fuprestree" ?

Guys lets remember that this thread is to share the memories of this great event. Turning it into a banter thread will make sure that nobody outside of the participants ventures in. Thanks.

It's a great photo considering immediately after that pic it hit the damn branch and dropped straight down.

It's a great photo considering immediately after that pic it hit the damn branch and dropped straight down.

I hit that branch twice. In round 2 it came down in the hazard. Awful.

Are you talking about #7 at Caledonia? That tree had already clearly claimed victim to numerous golfers (based on the branches laying on the ground with green leaves on them) before we got there. I managed to hit one below it with my hybrid, and my dad (who was following) went up to the box after we left and couldn't figure out how I did based on my typical shot shape.

I'm going to be honest, I was shocked as well hahahaha. That was a very tough tee location.

Saturday night after dinner a bunch of us sat up in our villa just sharing stories. Hawk....that dude has some stories to tell! Man I could listen to that guy all night long!!! Such a great weekend.....memories made every minute of the time we were down there.

That tee was awful. In practice round, I hit a couple tee shots so I could figure out if I had to flight it down or if a normal shot would work. Turned out a normal shot worked just fine. Saturday rolls around, new 4w in hand.. Right into the branches. Luckily it came through and still wound up in the fairway for my partner's second shot but ugh.. Put me into panic. Stupid tree.

Are you talking about #7 at Caledonia? That tree had already clearly claimed victim to numerous golfers (based on the branches laying on the ground with green leaves on them) before we got there. I managed to hit one below it with my hybrid, and my dad (who was following) went up to the box after we left and couldn't figure out how I did based on my typical shot shape.

I'm going to be honest, I was shocked as well hahahaha. That was a very tough tee location.
Cookie kept on below that tree....right buddy?!

Scarnici had that hole....and executed a gem of a shot to the middle of the fairway. Didn't SEEM like it was that bad to me....then again I didn't ever hit a tee shot there! Ha.

Cookie kept on below that tree....right buddy?!

Scarnici had that hole....and executed a gem of a shot to the middle of the fairway. Didn't SEEM like it was that bad to me....then again I didn't ever hit a tee shot there! Ha.

We had nearly the same spot in practice round and I clipped some leaves. I knew I'd have to bring a special shot during the rounds to give AMart a decent number to the green without destroying a branch.

My bet is that I was not much more than a foot or two below it.

wait Christian hit a fairway? Now that seems far fetched. Dude missed 1 fairway in the 2 rounds I played with him

That tee was awful. In practice round, I hit a couple tee shots so I could figure out if I had to flight it down or if a normal shot would work. Turned out a normal shot worked just fine. Saturday rolls around, new 4w in hand.. Right into the branches. Luckily it came through and still wound up in the fairway for my partner's second shot but ugh.. Put me into panic. Stupid tree.

I hit a 3/4 driver, teed up low and according to jman, I ducked after impact to help guide it under the tree

I hit a 3/4 driver, teed up low and according to jman, I ducked after impact to help guide it under the tree

It was one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. Your body language steered the ball under the branch.

Damn that branch anyways!

Back