The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Thought you were gonna start walking it in across the pond.

I shall now call you Jesus.

Pssh, I would have swam to that ball if it went in

Question for the participants. How many of you are making a permanent switch to your MC clubs? If just a subset of them which ones?

With the way I played, it would be hard to justify replacing anything in that bag besides the wedges and putter. I do have a set of J40s that came out of the weekend and will likely be playing those as well. However, in my Club Championship this weekend it will be blue Bio Cell irons, a red Bio Cell+ driver, Red Bio Cell 3w and 2hyb. If I play half as good as I did this weekend, I should have a trophy Sunday afternoon.

I honestly thought I would be putting the Altitudes back into the bag when I got home but that's not the case. Baffler XL irons are staying in there for the foreseeable future.

Driver, hybrids, and wedges were already staying in regardless (although driver and I were questionable as of a few weeks ago).

Putter will get shuffled between the X2, new PR M2, and new Z2C.

You hit an effing hole in one....I wouldn't change my underwear, let alone my clubs.

You hit an effing hole in one....I wouldn't change my underwear, let alone my clubs.

I can't say it any better than this! Adam nailed it.

#BelievetheBaffler

Question for the participants. How many of you are making a permanent switch to your MC clubs? If just a subset of them which ones?

Good question. I've been thinking about this long and hard since I got my clubs and as of right now I will game everything except my putter, that will go in a shadow box with the headcover and the ball I used in my final round. The irons were spot on on Saturday with the exception of a couple hot shots that flew a bit but when I needed to hit the shot they responded pretty darn well. I never ever change gear so this is a really big step for me but it's one that will eventually pay huge dividends. The Ball which is the B330 is the best ball I've gamed and will be with me until they either change it and mess it up or I lose enough swing speed and can't compress it any longer.

The white flat brim will be rocked on the course many more times (backwards) and the black one will go in the trophy room. The clothes are awesome and I'll rock them proudly, Cobra/Puma kicks ass!

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

The putter is coming out of the bag as well
as the driver. Everything else will remain in the bag. I have to do some head to head with my current 4w as it is my favorite club but what I saw over the weekend was pretty special.

The 3+ and 4w I gamed really impressed me in all categories, especially playability.

Last edited:

Much like Hawk, permanent for me is always temporary with work, but...

Right now 13 of 14, the M1 PR is back in the bag as it's my favorite putter ever, other than than the rest are there. Only made a shaft change in the 23.5 hybo, still stock in the 20.5 but that may get red tie-d too at some point. Those two heads are going NOWHERE Though, I adore those hybrids.

Much like Hawk, permanent for me is always temporary with work, but...

Right now 13 of 14, the M1 PR is back in the bag as it's my favorite putter ever, other than than the rest are there. Only made a shaft change in the 23.5 hybo, still stock in the 20.5 but that may get red tie-d too at some point. Those two heads are going NOWHERE Though, I adore those hybrids.

You are dead on about those hybrids. Even with the stock shafts they out performed anything I've gamed

I won't be changing anything in the near term. The SLDR-S Driver, FW metals and Rescue are sweet and aren't coming out of the bag anytime soon. The irons down though the 9 iron will stay put, as the SLDR irons are as better than any iron I've gamed in recent years. I'll give the wedges a little time to see if I adjust better to them. They were the only clubs I had a little trouble dialing in over the weekend, and I kind of expected that coming from my SCOR wedges. If I need to, I'll put the SCOR's back in the bag, and would be very comfortable with that set up.

I won't be changing anything in the near term. The SLDR-S Driver, FW metals and Rescue are sweet and aren't coming out of the bag anytime soon. The irons down though the 9 iron will stay put, as the SLDR irons are as better than any iron I've gamed in recent years. I'll give the wedges a little time to see if I adjust better to them. They were the only clubs I had a little trouble dialing in over the weekend, and I kind of expected that coming from my SCOR wedges. If I need to, I'll put the SCOR's back in the bag, and would be very comfortable with that set up.

That's pretty much what you said during our round. The SCOR wedges have your heart.

That's pretty much what you said during our round. The SCOR wedges have your heart.

Yeah Dean. the SCOR's certainly have a place in my heart. I did like the SLDR wedges on full shots, but really struggled with distances on chip shots. My go to in the SCOR's for green side chipping was a 48*, and the AW in the SLDR was 51*. I kept leaving chips short with it, and going long with the PW. But, I think it's just a matter of getting used to them. That's why I'm going to give them a few rounds before I decide.

I'm working on my recap but I just want to thank everyone for being so welcoming with my family all week. Everyone and I mean everyone was great with them. They now get THP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm working on my recap but I just want to thank everyone for being so welcoming with my family all week. Everyone and I mean everyone was great with them. They now get THP

Your family was awesome. Thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with them on Saturday buddy.

That is great to here. I know it was a weight off my shoulders when my wife got involved and realized you guys were not just a bunch of internet weirdos.

That is great to here. I know it was a weight off my shoulders when my wife got involved and realized you guys were not just a bunch of internet weirdos.

We're still internet weirdos.

They were fun.

Dude they were waiting to give high fives after every good shot we played. Going down the home stretch they were really there for us. That was awesome.

Ur family was awesome and genuinely excited to be there supporting you. It was something special to see.

The MD2 wedges have been replaced. I may have chosen the wrong grinds or bounce. I'm not sure, but something was way off. I need to give some more time to the putter. I putted like absolute garbage but I think that was my problem and not the putters. Everything else is staying in the bag and there isn't a close option to replace them. I thanked Chad on Saturday afternoon because the Apex Pro is the real deal. BY FAR the best iron I have ever had in my hands.

Loved talking to them with you. I see a family villa in your future :act-up: Can I come visit?

JM

The MD2 wedges have been replaced. I may have chosen the wrong grinds or bounce. I'm not sure, but something was way off. I need to give some more time to the putter. I putted like absolute garbage but I think that was my problem and not the putters. Everything else is staying in the bag and there isn't a close option to replace them. I thanked Chad on Saturday afternoon because the Apex Pro is the real deal. BY FAR the best iron I have ever had in my hands.

Jordan you hit those irons so pure man.

JM

Dude your family was awesome! so kind and happy just to be there dude. You were a true star in their eyes and our eyes too. You are the real deal bro.

It was great stuff seeing them out there. We were talking to them after our first none in the afternoon and they were excited!

The entire 14 clubs and the bag will be cleaned and put away in my home as a keepsake. Everytime i look at them they will remind me of the journey, the amazing weekend, and the wonderful people i met and created memories with

Back