Recap Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup

I love that Seth. He is annoying and sort of like a really amped up drunk frat boy, but I do love that guy.

hahaha I am still not convinced he's a lawyer. Just a dude with Vistaprint on speed dial.

Oh Mike, he was just tired and had to get to bed to prepare for his early morning the next day. He-He. :D

True story.

I did wake up at 4:30, take two friends to the airport and then drive for seven hours. I knew hanging out at the Team THP villa would end up with me up until at least midnight, which would have been no bueno.

But your version is funnier, so let's go with that.

hahaha I am still not convinced he's a lawyer. Just a dude with Vistaprint on speed dial.

LOL. He comes over after almost starting a major incident, then berates us, then steals our beer, then eats our snacks, steals more beer, lumbers around like a drunk gorilla, says he's going to leave, steals more beer and snacks, again berates us, refers to his importance as indicated by Petey his chauffeur a dozen times or so, and then is off never to be seen again. Well, not until 4:30am the next morning.

LOL. He comes over after almost starting a major incident, then berates us, then steals our beer, then eats our snacks, steals more beer, lumbers around like a drunk gorilla, says he's going to leave, steals more beer and snacks, again berates us, refers to his importance as indicated by Petey his chauffeur a dozen times or so, and then is off never to be seen again. Well, not until 4:30am the next morning.

And I just ruined my keyboard with water.

Nailed it. haaaahahahahahaha!

This little recap is for the captains. These other four gentlemen were truly a pleasure to work with in making this event the best we could for our teams. When we needed to make decisions, we worked as a group to make sure we were all on the same page and could convey proper information to our teams. If we had questions, we bounced them off each other in order to make ourselves and our teams better. When we were frustrated with life, we knew we had shoulders to lean on where we could vent, or to see an outstretched hand to pull us back up when we were down. They selflessly made themselves available to their teams and to other captains, because that's the type of people they were. These guys worked their tails off every day for their teams, and while we went down different paths in order to get our teams ready, we all made sure the goal was the same: to bring these 7 individuals together as one, and to make sure they have the best time of their lives at The Morgan Cup. I would safely say that every captain accomplished that goal to the max.

Thank you Donne, Ryan, Erik, and Dan for one heck of a ride.

I think you added one too many snacks in that description. Just want to make sure we're not over exaggerating things.

I also want Petey to move to Atlanta to be my chauf-- friend.

I'm pondering video. But I don't want video online of me acting like a babbling idiot in a dusty movie theatre showing Brian's Song.

I know right? Who would ever be featured in a video balling and making sounds like a cat in a bear trap. #Losers

Man this thread just keeps getting better and better. Love all of the different perspectives.

Okay first Recap.....I am going to start with highlights of the weekend. These are in no particular order except the first one because they were all so awesome!

Sunday Singles, I am in the second group and after we all hit our tee shots I turned around and Capt Donne was standing there with his Capt hat on. Donne you have no idea what that meant to me. You are the Jelly to my Peanut Butter! I am loud, talkative, boisterous, and generally a Pain in the Arse. But you are calm, cool, collected and genuinely one of the greatest people I have ever met! I love you like a fat kid loves cake, like Homer loves doughnuts and I like to talk.

Castor........THE PIT! You did not sell me on True Blood.....but I loved every minute we got to play together.

Mojo.......Patna...Could have not asked for one better. We started off the trip with a bang! Thanks for the bucket list help.

MikeG........That man has SWAGGA! I want to dress like you when I grow up.

Jimmy.....Brother you are salt of the earth, had such a great time at La Playa.

Panda......Thanks for fixing that check issue!

GolferBest.........You are a lucky man, the wife and Tristan are just awesome......... Now that little man loves golf. And just like the rest of us he likes to watch Spicioli hit the ball. We were standing on the range and I wish I would have got a picture of his face. We were warming up and JeffJohn takes out his driver to hit it.....Tristan starts grabbing his mom excitedly yelling......."MOM, mom, mom.. What..... John just took out the big stick watch,watch!" His face was awesome. He also made a new BFF in Kevin.

Adam........your dad rocks!

Seth.......Watching you stutter after your round with Spicoli made me laugh my butt off. Was hilarious.

Kevin.......Brother from another mother! You rock!

Saturday at Caledonia.........People thought the web.com tour had rolled in. Those peoples faces were just in awe as we rolled in!

JB.....Thank you for the extra commentary after we tee'd off at Caledonia. Was in tears for a couple of holes.

Watching James lift Cookie in the air after he stuffed his hole in one! Adam said it best...Hope you got those undies on still!

Jordan........If I had a couple beers in me I'd jump in and wrestle that gator right now!

WCHM.....Marc every time I get to hang with you I am a better person afterwards....

Watching Everyone when Jake walked in during dinner......The place erupted! People jumped up so much it ruined my picture. Funny side note 1 hr before dinner Nate was texting Jake saying what had happened to Kyle and Jake telling Nate"Sure wish I could get on a plane" Nate's jump when Jake walked in was amazing.

Pete aka BEEFY!.........Brother I was sitting in the airport on Monday when I texted you telling you how upset I was you were not going to be there and how much it sucked. You made my weekend when you showed up!

Watching Hashtag and Josh from bridgestone go back and forth was hilarious.

MASHED POTATOES......after a tee shot on 11 we hear MikeDean and see him rolling up with Tyler and GregDan!

Tudor....Brother I loved every minute we got to play together. I am lucky to call you a friend.

Dan....Dan, Dan the birdie man! O did I mention how awesome you are!

GG.....thank you for the conversation Saturday night. I havent really talked about that and you got me to...You just rock!

Matt....your daughter is just adorable. Good luck in about 12 years!

These are just a few of the highlights of my weekend. I am working on putting everything together...To be frank I am a wreck right now. As hard as the vets tried you cannot explain this emotion until you have it you cannot explain it. Reading all the recaps is really helping.

So a few random good times moments worth throwing out there.

-Saving Adamw from spending the night in the ATL airport and having him ride to True Blue with us. I almost asked him over for breakfast :D
-Staying up until 1:30 am the night of arrival hatching out the masterful strategy that would serve us so well on Sunday.
-Practice rounds. If Mike and I had played in the event like we did that day I'm pretty sure I'd have quit golf and just started a bowling forum.
-Mike Dean's real-time driver carry updates lol. "UGH. 136?" Also, his hilarious smile every time he hit the old knuckler off the tee.
-Jman commentating on 441's drives. "Still rolling. Still rolling..............................................................stilllllll rolling."
-My weekend-long solution to the low hanging trees on Caledonia's 7th tee? Just top it in the water sucka.
-My god this Freddie Kong breakfast. How I didn't poop my pants I'll never know. I didn't even put salt on it. $$$$
-"Mike, quit snoring. Mike. Mike. MIKE SHUT THE F UP!"
-ddump walking in feeling a little nervous and backed up on Saturday morning. Thought we were going to lose him there for a minute. Never break an old habit.
-Driving to the first (10th) tee on Saturday and asking Morgan when we'd be going off. Her answer of right now was probably for the best, but at the time I wanted to run away.
-Freddie's drunk laugh and occasional nodding off.
-The battlefield that is South Sioux City, Nebraska.
-Freddie advising me that my stink could not be contained by modern construction.
-Team GoPro selfie on #1 True Blue in the practice round.
-Are you the KongHackas? I got some otha Hackas on this sheet too. What's a KongHacka?"
-Starter at Caledonia to 441 during some pre-round practice: "Now you chippin like I do. That ain't going to end up good for you son."
-Haircut needing T2GRN running around like a crazy man having the time of his life.
-Post dinner vaping with a table of mixed teams after dinner on Friday.
-"How's my team doing?" ... "You really want to know? It's not good."
-Realizing 6 poinst on Saturday wasn't so bad at all.
-Crossing fingers for one point on Sunday after six matches had ended.
-Naked Dating! The perfect show to watch when you are about to freak about before handing in your Sunday lineups.

More to come I'm sure as memories come back.

Oh man.. Naked dating. Even funnier when you can't hear the audio and a bunch of THP'ers are just providing their own commentary.

My drive on 17 in practice round had like 200 yards of roll. You would have thought I was in texas

So a few random good times moments worth throwing out there.

-Saving Adamw from spending the night in the ATL airport and having him ride to True Blue with us. I almost asked him over for breakfast :D
-Staying up until 1:30 am the night of arrival hatching out the masterful strategy that would serve us so well on Sunday.
-Practice rounds. If Mike and I had played in the event like we did that day I'm pretty sure I'd have quit golf and just started a bowling forum.
-Mike Dean's real-time driver carry updates lol. "UGH. 136?" Also, his hilarious smile every time he hit the old knuckler off the tee.
-Jman commentating on 441's drives. "Still rolling. Still rolling..............................................................stilllllll rolling."
-My weekend-long solution to the low hanging trees on Caledonia's 7th tee? Just top it in the water sucka.
-My god this Freddie Kong breakfast. How I didn't poop my pants I'll never know. I didn't even put salt on it. $$$$
-"Mike, quit snoring. Mike. Mike. MIKE SHUT THE F UP!"
-ddump walking in feeling a little nervous and backed up on Saturday morning. Thought we were going to lose him there for a minute. Never break an old habit.
-Driving to the first (10th) tee on Saturday and asking Morgan when we'd be going off. Her answer of right now was probably for the best, but at the time I wanted to run away.
-Freddie's drunk laugh and occasional nodding off.
-The battlefield that is South Sioux City, Nebraska.
-Freddie advising me that my stink could not be contained by modern construction.
-Team GoPro selfie on #1 True Blue in the practice round.
-Are you the KongHackas? I got some otha Hackas on this sheet too. What's a KongHacka?"
-Starter at Caledonia to 441 during some pre-round practice: "Now you chippin like I do. That ain't going to end up good for you son."
-Haircut needing T2GRN running around like a crazy man having the time of his life.
-Post dinner vaping with a table of mixed teams after dinner on Friday.
-"How's my team doing?" ... "You really want to know? It's not good."
-Realizing 6 poinst on Saturday wasn't so bad at all.
-Crossing fingers for one point on Sunday after six matches had ended.
-Naked Dating! The perfect show to watch when you are about to freak about before handing in your Sunday lineups.

More to come I'm sure as memories come back.

I literally still laugh about 441 talking about the stench coming off his shorts after 36 on Thursday. "My shorts smell like aaaaaaaaassssss" I am cracking up just typing this.

My drive on 17 in practice round had like 200 yards of roll. You would have thought I was in texas

lol that thing got like 10 feet off the ground and ran forever.

Some random thoughts while ddumping.
1. Loved running into our biggest fan at dinner Thursday night.

2. Bob from true blue is awesome.

3. Yes after 36 holes on Thursday my shorts did indeed smell like aaaaassssss.
4. My backwards attempt at wedging out of the sand/water on #4 true blue was a huge FAIL.

5. Hawk and I had an interesting scorecard those first 4 holes of the practice round.

6. Freddie Kong getting the shat scared out of him was priceless.

7. I could talk to my buddy Spicoli all day long. Such a good dude wish we could tee it up more frequently.

8. The divot I blasted Smithfaced with was easily my best swing of the week.

9. Saving my swings for the 9 hole practice round friday was in hindsight a dumb idea.

10. War Eagle is easily the worst range pro on earth.

11. Most pressure of the weekend may have been #9 in practice round at caledonia with 4 guys watching and 3 already on the green James said "you know they will boo you if you miss the green right" I smiled then hit the green...finally.

12. I swear I saw vman actually miss a fairway but now that I think about it I'm not sure.

More to come

Recap #2 - The Matches

I'm going to do this a little differently, the matches have been updated and recapped by the other guys so I'm going to do a short recap and then focus on the most important thing to me, the dudes I shared these matches with. Different, yes, but I thrive on different.

Jman/Ddec vs Smithfaced/Scarnici

Tale of two nines, no doubt. After my blistering 17 yard tee shot, Dean and I played really well on the front and caught the breaks we needed to to build that 4 hole lead that everyone now knows crumbled like no other. But Jordan and Christian played insanely well almost the entire back 9 putting the pressure on us like we had on them. We leaked oil, tried to bring it back, but I sent one into the drink on 18. It was one of the most enjoyable times I have had on course as even when it got tense, we all cared about eachother and our shots. That was special, truly.

Dean - You'll get yours in my next post, but you are amazing.

Christian - I think you just hit another fairway. You are one cool dude and your family was freaking AWESOME all day long. You worked your ass off and it showed. I love that you got to experience this and I love even more than you embraced it like you did. Your one of the good ones. It was an absolute pleasure to tee it up with you.

Jordan - Dude. I get emotional thinking about you to be honest. When I made you putt that 1.5 footer it was one of the hardest things I have ever done, Dean and I literally couldn't watch because I hate doing that stuff, and then for the result to be what it was it broke my heart. Its why when on Sunday I was watching you on 18 in that match I was going to be there to hug you when all of that happened. You were not going to be there alone, you are one hell of a guy and a true friend to me now. I will never forget us teeing it up, ever.

Jman/DevRickus vs adwillingham/Paladin

This was one of the most insane matches, through 15 holes there were NO PUSHES. It was a chaotic back and forth of who was going to make the bad miss each hole it felt like for a while. Some excellent shots were hit and some crucial up and downs were made. Luckily Ricky and I after going 2 up through 2 to even through 4 settled in and stopped pressing so damn much. Donne and Paladin though hit some BOMBS including two of the prettiest hybrids I think I have ever seen from Donne, seriously, they were gorgeous. Rick and I managed to hold on but I've not laughed like that in a round in a long time.

Rick - Like Dean, you get more later, but the journey you have taken is beyond inspirational to me.

Paladin - It was SO GOOD to finally meet you in person. The internet is good and bad, bad because people get lost in translation sometimes and I feel like I kind of had that happen between you and I at times in the buildup. But you are a solid dude with a hell of a work ethic and an amazingly kind wife. Once you find that tempo and embrace it, this game will change forever for you with how you can hit and spin a golf ball.

Donne - One of my favorite people on this entire planet ever. Having to play you was hard for me because I love ya so damn much, but you made it clear from the start it was about fun and that actually settled me a ton after my morning round. You have done SOOOOOO much work and it absolutely shows, you mash that Cally gear and I love that you just smile ear form ear when you do. It was an honor to tee it up with you my friend, finally.

Jman vs Canadan & WarEagle vs Fupresti

Oh lord, this one. At dinner Friday it was surreal, I had said MONTHS ago I would end up playing Dan so it didn't really shock me when it happened, what else can you do but laugh when you have to play your best friend on this entire planet? Funny thing is I had about 5 guys come up to me, shake my hand, and act like I was dying, that kind of pissed me off a lot to be honest, you absolutely have to be on point to play Dan but even though those things were meant to be nice, it stung a lot as I don't think of myself as worthless on a course. When it was announced I couldn't look over at Dan, I just couldn't, he and I are on the exact same wavelength so much its scary so I knew exactly what he was thinking, that it was his friend and there was a bit of trepidation about what this could mean. So I did the only thing I could do, I walked over hugged him, and told him I loved him and it would all be OK. I managed to go 1 up through the first few holes as we all laughed and joked, but when you make one miss on Dan he capitalizes, my pars weren't good enough when they were there, and my bogeys weren't either. I didn't play terribly, I just hit a crazy Canamerican animal.

Ryan - Dude, you are my brother. It goes beyond the internet, you'll get a lot more about you in my next part too, but I love ya. You played amazing on that front 9, seriously, it was amazing.

Dan - Blood. You get more in my next part because you ARE TeamTHP. But, you were there when the levity of the situation hit me. On 11 I knew it was over as I was just drained, I was emotionally drained from the months of buildup and I couldn't do anything, at one point I was clubbing up 3 clubs on shots. On that hole all I could do was give you a hug because I was losing it, sadly that made you lose it too. You are my family.

David - FUUUUUPY. You and I have talked about a lot of things and I am glad I could be there for you at times, I wish I would have had that in my own travails outside of golf. You are a great dude, and its SO nice to see you SO happy, I know more than others just how big of a damn deal that is with the things people like us have gone through. You played so well on the back, turned it on when you needed to and didn't look back. But more than that, we had a blast the whole time, good shots bad shots whatever. You are amazing, don't ever forget that, I'm always always always here for you dude.

One of my coworkers just came up to me and said, "why the hell do you have tears in your eyes?" Haha.

And by the way, it was like 2 feet you big jerk. I just wanted to be sure we went to 18. On a real note, I hope the camera was broken for that.

Recap Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup

Watching the emotional roller coaster ride of Smithfaced on Sundays singles round was something I will never forget. And the way he handled it with interviews and and attitude is a real testament to the kind of guy he is.

Wow.....you guys I can't tell you enough how much I love reading these recaps! This shows that he Morgan Cup is something different to every single person in it. I love this event more than any event in the world!

I have so much to say....so many people to thank and so much to be thankful for. Let me just start with my journey into, then out of, then back into the 2014 Morgan Cup.

I don't know when it was exactly, something like January or so that JB called me and said, I know you said you were done. But we're bringing back Team THP and we need you. What do you think? I was not expecting that and I'll be honest I was very torn. I said I'd do it, but I knew it would be tough. I was super excited about the opportunity to play for Capt Hawk and the rest of my Team THP bros but all the while things were not going great at home. I'm not going to get into the long story of the situation, but some of you may not know. My marriage was on the rocks and in an effort to save it I promised her no more golf trips and basically much less THP time in an effort to improve relations and keep things on the up and up. I had to make what was a VERY difficult decision, I was giving up my spot on Team THP and even more difficult, my spot in the Morgan Cup, which for those of you who know me....you know how much this event has meant to me from the beginning. I cried when I had to tell Josh I was out. He being the great friend he is completely understood and told me that he was there for me if I ever needed anything.

As you all know by now eventually things would get worse and worse and divorce became apparent. I couldn't have found myself in a worse situation....had to move out of my house and be alone for the first time in my life. I knew I had friends who cared at THP but I couldn't even bring myself to hop on and really be that active because I was literally a shell of the person I really am. I began to work on some personal changes I needed to make and began to find some happiness. Then in June I get a call from Josh. Hey buddy, I hope you're doing ok....look, we need someone to announce 10th tee intros for the Morgan Cup and couldn't think of a better person, can you do it? We decided to kind of keep the idea on the back burner as an option and see if it could come to fruition. Then later in June I got an opportunity to go hang out with some of my THP peeps in the Minneapolis area. That was just what I needed to really break out of a funk and have some much needed fun. Josh told me before I left that he and Morgan talked and they wanted to fly me down and to be a part of the event for sure. But the catch was....it was a surprise so I couldn't say anything to anyone.

Before I go any further I want to stop and say thank you from the bottom of my heart to Josh and Morgan for making this possible. I know they will say something like well it wasn't right without you....but truth be told, it would have been just as awesome for everyone with or without me. So for them to be kind enough to fly me down there to be involved is something I'll never forget. I've never had anyone do something so thoughtful and so kind, especially at a time that I needed it more than I even realized myself. Josh and Morgan....you're two of my very best friends on the planet, I will someday repay you for your kind gesture and please know that if you ever need anything...I would literally give you the shirt off my back.

Since last Morgan Cup I've been texting Freddie, Nate and Buck daily. Freddie and Nate were both playing in this and they're so excited. It was KILLING me not to tell them I was going to be there, but I knew the moment I walked in would be all the better if they didn't know. So Morgan Cup week starts and I see all the posts of people showing up and playing practice rounds, it was so difficult to not be involved, even though I knew I was going to show up and surprise everyone I still wanted to be there so bad! I hopped off the plane Friday at around 1pm and drove to True Blue. As I was pulling onto the property I had the craziest nostolgia and flashbacks of my past experiences here. I had chills as I took that road to JB's villa. He opens the door and literally drops a bombshell on me. Something terrible has happened and one of the competitors has had to leave. I feel so bad for Kyle (Flog) because I know how amazing the MC is and to be there and have to leave, especially for something so tragic is the worst thing imaginable.

So I did not believe JB for a while, I kept telling him to stop lying to me. He had to tell me at least 3 or 4 times that it was true....I will actually be playing in the Morgan Cup. I just happened to ignore Josh earlier in the week when he told me not to bother bringing my clubs because there will be no time. I figured I am going to be minutes away from Caledonia and it's my favorite golf course on the planet, I'll sneak over and play at some point. Trisha Dokken was in the villa when I arrived, Trisha and Erik are 2 of my favorite people in the world so it was great seeing her and Morgan. Erik was supposed to be out on his practice round with the Cobra rep but rain had ended that so he was on his way.....let's surprise him as well! He showed up uncertain as to what was going to happen since Flog was on his team and now he's down a player. Josh says, Erik, I think we found a solution and I popped out from hiding in the bedroom and Erik just immediately starts dropping F bombs. It was hilarious!

So our plan all along was to surprise everyone at dinner, Josh was to make an announcement that he brought in a special guest for 10th tee announcements, but now it was going to change. He would be announcing me as the next guy up for Team Paradise! I was SO nervous before I finally got the call to come into the room, Trisha was tasked to keep watch over me prior to this....poor Trisha, she was getting nervous watching ME get nervous! Ha.....finally it was time to go in. I wasn't sure what to expect....and what happened is by far the coolest thing to ever happen to me in the history of my life. Everyone in the room went ballistic and mobbed me with hugs and laughter and so much love it was INSANE! I knew I was right where I needed to be at that moment.....back at the event that has changed my life 3 times before, The Morgan Cup!!!

I'll throw some recaps of my matches and some various other memories in a bit!

Part 3 - Team THP and Family

I've been sitting here putting this one off, truth be told it both because of the emotions attached as well as not wanting to leave someone feeling left out. I made sure to say hi to everyone and socialize as much as I could but with it being a competition and there being 40 participants and countless others there helping it makes it hard to really spend as much time with each person as I would like to.

Team THP

Hawkster - My captain, one of my bosses, my friend, my brother. You made this journey for me, you were ALWAYS there any time frustrations started to mount and aggressive James started to come out, it was funny because when I was at my most frustrated you always seemed to call me at that very moment and just talk to me about it all and bring me back from the ledge. You're a sounding board, and you aren't afraid to tell me what I need to hear rather than what I want to hear. You inspired me throughout all this, the work you put in is staggering to think about with the hours that went into it around that awesome family of yours. You are the storyteller of all storytellers and I haven't laughed like I did when you and Jake were holding court in a long long time. Thank you for being you, and thank you for never giving up on me.

Ddec - Deano, always a rock for me. Seeing the sadness in you at the PGA show when you weren't a part of Team THP was hard, but to see you desiring to be back in something you've given so much to over the past years since the beginning was inspiring. You and I get along so well its just silly, constantly cutting up and never afraid to turn ourselves into the joke for the sake of others. You are one of my favorite people ever, and your wife is even more so, we should never be able to room together though because we are equally disgusting in our cleaning/organizational habits. Thank you for being there for me always.

WarEagle - Ryan Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyjohs. Dude, I kid you not I sit here with tears in my eyes thinking about what to write about you. The journey you have had this year is crazy, and you STILL put in the work and time leading into the MC. You took a lot of crap for being busier in life and not on the forum as much and because of that I know there were some rough times. The fact that you and I live so far apart is a travesty, ever since the Outing last year with Erik, me, and you just talking about what THP means to us you and I have been close. That'll never change, you're wise beyond your years and have a heart that is huge, and you GET this whole thing that is THP, it means to you what it does to me. Thank you for being you, thank you for being my family.

DevRickus - Rick, what a journey eh? We had our ups and downs, most of which had nothing to do with this crazy journey but rather that journey just added to it and always brought us back to equilibrium. You have a heart unlike anyone I have ever met, the work you put in honest to god blows me away, you came so far dude, and it was inspirational to see/read day in and day out. I am blessed to have you in my life and to have gotten to tee it up with you. You may need to be bubble wrapped on a daily basis sometimes as your luck sucks, but your heart is HUGE. Thank you my brother.

Tadashi - Pandaman, Freddie, Old Man Purple-Drank, dude I love you. You put it all out there every time in all you do when it comes to THP. Freddieisms make my day every day, and you have a way of being straight forward with things that always puts things back into perspective for me. As blunt as you can be, your heart is evident and always on display day in and day out. You love people, you love life, and because of that we ALL love you back. I'll never forget all you have been for me not just in THP but away from that, always there for a message or a thought just when I need it most. Get healthy, the world needs a healthy Panda out there stalking putts and breaking hearts, but more importantly it just needs you and that infectious smile always there as an ear or a shoulder.

#Cookie - Cookie. Dude. You have had to listen to more **** from me over the past not only months but years that its silly, but you always do, and you are always there for me. You and Steph care so much that it blows my mind and are two of the most genuine people I have ever been around. You love THP, but you love people the most. Being there for your ace and being the first one to you on that tee box was one of the happiest moments of my life, you are one of my best friends on this planet and to be there with you for that and bear hug the hell out of you, dude. I love ya, always have and always will.

MikeDean - Mikey. Dude, what can I say? We went from being complete smart asses who did nothing more than tolerate eachother to really getting to UNDERSTAND eachother in this whole thing but especially this week. We combined our smart ass sense of humor and the world will never be the same. What you said to me about golf and life this past week a couple times means more to me than I could ever say, in fact I get all misty just thinking about it right now. Thank you a thousand times over, thank you thank you thank you. You are the party planner, but you really do love THP and everyone here, that is crystal clear to me now, I'm so so so so so happy we got to spend the time we did together. Brother forever and always.

More Team THP

Yep, you read that, there are four more here I need to address that ARE Team THP to the core.

Puttin4Bird - Jake. Effin' Jake. I told you about 20 times this weekend after you walked around that corner that I wanted to hug you every time I saw you, and I think I did. You've done more for me here than about anyone, you accepted me, you welcomed me, you loved me from the start. Starting this process with you then losing you then seeing you return to the fold was insanely appropriate. You had to be here, yes, it was for a heartbreaking reason that you played, but you did all you could to keep the levity of the situation apparent to all. I apologized to you after my first match when you actually kissed me on the cheek leaving 18, I was so mad I couldn't see straight at the moment but there you were to take my mind off of the small things and onto the big picture, thank you. You are amazing, you ARE THP, always and forever.

Canadan - Dan, I'm already with tears in my eyes here. You are Team THP, from the start you were, you had the hardest journey being that you had your guys and with the competition it made you feel like an outsider of this part of your family for a while. Saturday night was tremendous, I'm so glad you came by, having all of us in the same room minus our two awesome bosses was insane and I can't help but look at that picture and get emotional. When Josh announced our pairings and people started consoling me about my apparent death my thoughts were only on what you were thinking and worrying about you. We think so alike its terrifying so I know you were thinking much the same as I was, you have been a rock for me in the past year, you and I dealt with the bad end of a lot of the old regime and from that we gained the greatest friendship I think I have ever had. I'm sorry I made you cry on the golf course, I'm sorry its on tape, I'm not sorry that we got to share that moment, if I was going to lose like that you are the only one that I could have dealt with it happening from. I love ya dude, always. Thank you for being there, thank you for being you. Thank you.

GolferGal - The big boss lady Morgan. You are definitely Team THP because you keep this crazy world moving forward. Not only that, you truly care and are always there with an encouraging word when I need it (even though you don't know I needed it, your timing is always terrifyingly good) and a big hug any time I get to see you. Your heart is massive and you truly do love us all. You get inanely tired of me saying it to you because I always do (usually out of the blue) but thank you for everything. I respect your authoritah but I also cherish your friendship, family.

JB - Oh man, where do I start? Josh, you know my mindset about THP and what it means to me, you know how I bleed, you know why I bleed, and you know why I view things the way that I do. The day you asked me about if I'd ever thought about writing full time changed everything, you took a chance on me in a time of chaos. I gained a boss who can be short and to the point about things, always striving to make the big picture better. You know that I strive to be the anti-past and that I always give you your space, but I don't know if you know how much I really do value being able to call you my friend and my family. There were a couple rough moments on the journey into last week but I know in the end we are always on the same page. I really don't tell you enough how much all of this means to me and I really don't know if you truly know what you and Morgan did for me in where I was at one point in my life. THP has changed lives, the MC has changed lives, YOU have changed lives. Thank you brother, from the bottom of my big ole emotional heart, thank you.

Family

I'm not going to do a ton of individual shout outs, but there are a few short ones I feel like I absolutely need to do. Please though, don't feel slighted if I don't single you out, I love you all, every damn one of you. This is a big ass family, and we are less without you and more with you. Thank you for being you, thank you for taking this journey, thank you for embodying THP the way it was always meant to be. Thank you. I love you all.

Fupresti - David, I mentioned it in my other recap, but you and I are on a wavelength few can understand, and seeing you so happy makes my heart happy.

Smithfaced - Jordan, you rock. I can't wait to see you again.

WickedCoolBeardedMan - Tim. What a dude you are, probably the biggest heart ever and a dude that you can't help but give a bro hug every time you see. Your smile and attitude are infectious. I know your journey this year was trying, but you being there made the weekend for me, I hope we get to see eachother again. I really do.

Amart - Dude, you are a good one and you SO get what this whole THP thing is now that it makes me smile. You worked your ass off and played your ass off, but you have a good heart and that matters most.

Nate - Yeesh, you and I have had a journey eh? I'm glad we talked, it helped a lot I think. I still won't call you Big Time, but I will call you my friend. You care, you really do, and in person that comes through more than it ever could in writing.

Seth - Dammit I like you. A lot. Because you dish it out but you can take it like a champ. Freaking Seth.

Howzat - Always a blast around you, I almost included you in the Team THP section bc to me you are THP. I wish you didn't live in the North Pole though, I mean Santa is cool and all but c'mon. Love ya brother.

Mrs. Whozat - Trish. WAY cooler than Erik, seriously. I laugh that we always end up talking about crazy surgeries and medical crap. #NoRagrets

Scarnici - Christian you are awesome and that family of yours is special.

AdamW - Seeing THP really change for you was incredible, you and I are good dude, truly. You have got a big heart and I know in mine that you and I will being seeing eachother in futrure THP events. Plus, your dad is freaking awesome.

WickedCoolHomelessMan - Marc. You are my hero. The dude that personifies cool. Bigger than that, you love this crazy family completely. Can't wait to see you again.

Numbers - Jimmy, you're a hell of a good one, and I don't mean golf. You work your ass off for all you do, something that is inspiring to the rest of us.

Volunteers - I love you all. You killed it, you effing killed it. You SO SO SO effing killed it.

**EDIT**

Wardy - Michael, how did I almost forget you? My little friend, you are a giant pain in the ass and at the same time one of the most awesome and caring people I know hahahaha. I know there were some rough times for you leading to this, but know that I love ya, you're a true friend and I'm insanely proud of you.

Jamesman - First off, you were just what we (JB, Morgan, and I) needed when you came along. A true team player that saw the bigger picture. I leave that at that, but thank you for being who you are. We're alike in many ways and different in many others, but I think that's what makes us a good team. I need the guy with heart and you need the rational guy. What I always forget is that for what you exhibit in intensity, you also exhibit a true child-like love for the good times and that was really fun to see this weekend. What you are at at the core is a truly good person and that's the thing that is going to carry you to great places in your life, whether it be here or with your family. Quit being so hard on yourself and remember that all we do we do for fun, growing as people, and for the betterment of those that we love.

Thank you so much. You've made me cry again, but its a good one. Thank you Ryan, this means more to me than I have the words for.

Gawd dammmm Jake. I finally get my composure and that big goon brings me crashing back down.
The minute we surprised Howzat is one I will never forget.

JB: I heard the devistating news about Flog. It tears my heart up.
Erik: I have no idea what to do.
JB: I have an idea. [Opens Door to bedroom]
Erik: OMG!

Wow James. Just wow dude. That was an incredible post

Part 3 - Team THP and Family

I've been sitting here putting this one off, truth be told it both because of the emotions attached as well as not wanting to leave someone feeling left out. I made sure to say hi to everyone and socialize as much as I could but with it being a competition and there being 40 participants and countless others there helping it makes it hard to really spend as much time with each person as I would like to.

Team THP

Hawkster - My captain, one of my bosses, my friend, my brother. You made this journey for me, you were ALWAYS there any time frustrations started to mount and aggressive James started to come out, it was funny because when I was at my most frustrated you always seemed to call me at that very moment and just talk to me about it all and bring me back from the ledge. You're a sounding board, and you aren't afraid to tell me what I need to hear rather than what I want to hear. You inspired me throughout all this, the work you put in is staggering to think about with the hours that went into it around that awesome family of yours. You are the storyteller of all storytellers and I haven't laughed like I did when you and Jake were holding court in a long long time. Thank you for being you, and thank you for never giving up on me.

Ddec - Deano, always a rock for me. Seeing the sadness in you at the PGA show when you weren't a part of Team THP was hard, but to see you desiring to be back in something you've given so much to over the past years since the beginning was inspiring. You and I get along so well its just silly, constantly cutting up and never afraid to turn ourselves into the joke for the sake of others. You are one of my favorite people ever, and your wife is even more so, we should never be able to room together though because we are equally disgusting in our cleaning/organizational habits. Thank you for being there for me always.

WarEagle - Ryan Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyjohs. Dude, I kid you not I sit here with tears in my eyes thinking about what to write about you. The journey you have had this year is crazy, and you STILL put in the work and time leading into the MC. You took a lot of crap for being busier in life and not on the forum as much and because of that I know there were some rough times. The fact that you and I live so far apart is a travesty, ever since the Outing last year with Erik, me, and you just talking about what THP means to us you and I have been close. That'll never change, you're wise beyond your years and have a heart that is huge, and you GET this whole thing that is THP, it means to you what it does to me. Thank you for being you, thank you for being my family.

DevRickus - Rick, what a journey eh? We had our ups and downs, most of which had nothing to do with this crazy journey but rather that journey just added to it and always brought us back to equilibrium. You have a heart unlike anyone I have ever met, the work you put in honest to god blows me away, you came so far dude, and it was inspirational to see/read day in and day out. I am blessed to have you in my life and to have gotten to tee it up with you. You may need to be bubble wrapped on a daily basis sometimes as your luck sucks, but your heart is HUGE. Thank you my brother.

Tadashi - Pandaman, Freddie, Old Man Purple-Drank, dude I love you. You put it all out there every time in all you do when it comes to THP. Freddieisms make my day every day, and you have a way of being straight forward with things that always puts things back into perspective for me. As blunt as you can be, your heart is evident and always on display day in and day out. You love people, you love life, and because of that we ALL love you back. I'll never forget all you have been for me not just in THP but away from that, always there for a message or a thought just when I need it most. Get healthy, the world needs a healthy Panda out there stalking putts and breaking hearts, but more importantly it just needs you and that infectious smile always there as an ear or a shoulder.

#Cookie - Cookie. Dude. You have had to listen to more **** from me over the past not only months but years that its silly, but you always do, and you are always there for me. You and Steph care so much that it blows my mind and are two of the most genuine people I have ever been around. You love THP, but you love people the most. Being there for your ace and being the first one to you on that tee box was one of the happiest moments of my life, you are one of my best friends on this planet and to be there with you for that and bear hug the hell out of you, dude. I love ya, always have and always will.

MikeDean - Mikey. Dude, what can I say? We went from being complete smart asses who did nothing more than tolerate eachother to really getting to UNDERSTAND eachother in this whole thing but especially this week. We combined our smart ass sense of humor and the world will never be the same. What you said to me about golf and life this past week a couple times means more to me than I could ever say, in fact I get all misty just thinking about it right now. Thank you a thousand times over, thank you thank you thank you. You are the party planner, but you really do love THP and everyone here, that is crystal clear to me now, I'm so so so so so happy we got to spend the time we did together. Brother forever and always.

More Team THP

Yep, you read that, there are four more here I need to address that ARE Team THP to the core.

Puttin4Bird - Jake. Effin' Jake. I told you about 20 times this weekend after you walked around that corner that I wanted to hug you every time I saw you, and I think I did. You've done more for me here than about anyone, you accepted me, you welcomed me, you loved me from the start. Starting this process with you then losing you then seeing you return to the fold was insanely appropriate. You had to be here, yes, it was for a heartbreaking reason that you played, but you did all you could to keep the levity of the situation apparent to all. I apologized to you after my first match when you actually kissed me on the cheek leaving 18, I was so mad I couldn't see straight at the moment but there you were to take my mind off of the small things and onto the big picture, thank you. You are amazing, you ARE THP, always and forever.

Canadan - Dan, I'm already with tears in my eyes here. You are Team THP, from the start you were, you had the hardest journey being that you had your guys and with the competition it made you feel like an outsider of this part of your family for a while. Saturday night was tremendous, I'm so glad you came by, having all of us in the same room minus our two awesome bosses was insane and I can't help but look at that picture and get emotional. When Josh announced our pairings and people started consoling me about my apparent death my thoughts were only on what you were thinking and worrying about you. We think so alike its terrifying so I know you were thinking much the same as I was, you have been a rock for me in the past year, you and I dealt with the bad end of a lot of the old regime and from that we gained the greatest friendship I think I have ever had. I'm sorry I made you cry on the golf course, I'm sorry its on tape, I'm not sorry that we got to share that moment, if I was going to lose like that you are the only one that I could have dealt with it happening from. I love ya dude, always. Thank you for being there, thank you for being you. Thank you.

GolferGal - The big boss lady Morgan. You are definitely Team THP because you keep this crazy world moving forward. Not only that, you truly care and are always there with an encouraging word when I need it (even though you don't know I needed it, your timing is always terrifyingly good) and a big hug any time I get to see you. Your heart is massive and you truly do love us all. You get inanely tired of me saying it to you because I always do (usually out of the blue) but thank you for everything. I respect your authoritah but I also cherish your friendship, family.

JB - Oh man, where do I start? Josh, you know my mindset about THP and what it means to me, you know how I bleed, you know why I bleed, and you know why I view things the way that I do. The day you asked me about if I'd ever thought about writing full time changed everything, you took a chance on me in a time of chaos. I gained a boss who can be short and to the point about things, always striving to make the big picture better. You know that I strive to be the anti-past and that I always give you your space, but I don't know if you know how much I really do value being able to call you my friend and my family. There were a couple rough moments on the journey into last week but I know in the end we are always on the same page. I really don't tell you enough how much all of this means to me and I really don't know if you truly know what you and Morgan did for me in where I was at one point in my life. THP has changed lives, the MC has changed lives, YOU have changed lives. Thank you brother, from the bottom of my big ole emotional heart, thank you.

Family

I'm not going to do a ton of individual shout outs, but there are a few short ones I feel like I absolutely need to do. Please though, don't feel slighted if I don't single you out, I love you all, every damn one of you. This is a big ass family, and we are less without you and more with you. Thank you for being you, thank you for taking this journey, thank you for embodying THP the way it was always meant to be. Thank you. I love you all.

Fupresti - David, I mentioned it in my other recap, but you and I are on a wavelength few can understand, and seeing you so happy makes my heart happy.

Smithfaced - Jordan, you rock. I can't wait to see you again.

WickedCoolBeardedMan - Tim. What a dude you are, probably the biggest heart ever and a dude that you can't help but give a bro hug every time you see. Your smile and attitude are infectious. I know your journey this year was trying, but you being there made the weekend for me, I hope we get to see eachother again. I really do.

Amart - Dude, you are a good one and you SO get what this whole THP thing is now that it makes me smile. You worked your ass off and played your ass off, but you have a good heart and that matters most.

Nate - Yeesh, you and I have had a journey eh? I'm glad we talked, it helped a lot I think. I still won't call you Big Time, but I will call you my friend. You care, you really do, and in person that comes through more than it ever could in writing.

Seth - Dammit I like you. A lot. Because you dish it out but you can take it like a champ. Freaking Seth.

Howzat - Always a blast around you, I almost included you in the Team THP section bc to me you are THP. I wish you didn't live in the North Pole though, I mean Santa is cool and all but c'mon. Love ya brother.

Mrs. Whozat - Trish. WAY cooler than Erik, seriously. I laugh that we always end up talking about crazy surgeries and medical crap. #NoRagrets

Scarnici - Christian you are awesome and that family of yours is special.

AdamW - Seeing THP really change for you was incredible, you and I are good dude, truly. You have got a big heart and I know in mine that you and I will being seeing eachother in futrure THP events. Plus, your dad is freaking awesome.

WickedCoolHomelessMan - Marc. You are my hero. The dude that personifies cool. Bigger than that, you love this crazy family completely. Can't wait to see you again.

Numbers - Jimmy, you're a hell of a good one, and I don't mean golf. You work your ass off for all you do, something that is inspiring to the rest of us.

Volunteers - I love you all. You killed it, you effing killed it. You SO SO SO effing killed it.

Almost left work without crying again. Damn it James. Thank you for the kind words. Our rounds together have meant so much to me and I cant wait for the next one.

Back