Recap Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup

Though I only got a chance to see/read and watch two of the Morgan Cup's, it's something that as a spectator (online) that I really enjoyed each year. Watching the 1st tee jitters, the different shots, the back and forth of the teams and members. It's been a great run!
If The Legacy is 1/10th as awesome as The Morgan Cup, then I have no doubt of it's success.

Great memory during staff sponsor day. Hashtag tracking me down to hit the Callaway driving iron. He was so proud and should be. Callaway puts out some quality gear. I can see this in the bag soon.

But the best part was my sponsor grabbing the club and taking pictures of it. Two pics, one to burn and one to wipe his......

These two had some great exchanges over course of the MC.

I still sit here in disbelief that one week ago was the eve before me leaving for Myrtle. Man, talk about hangovers.

But dammit, we made sure the MC went out like it should, with an effin' bang.

I still sit here in disbelief that one week ago was the eve before me leaving for Myrtle. Man, talk about hangovers.

One more time!
One more time!

:alien:

Great memory during staff sponsor day. Hashtag tracking me down to hit the Callaway driving iron. He was so proud and should be. Callaway puts out some quality gear. I can see this in the bag soon.

But the best part was my sponsor grabbing the club and taking pictures of it. Two pics, one to burn and one to wipe his......

These two had some great exchanges over course of the MC.

Watching those two interact was priceless. You are right--he should be proud of the driving iron. It is the only piece of equipment I am pondering and I think it will end up on my bag as well.

Yes we did and I'm damn proud of it.

Would do it again in a heartbeat but I feel we finally did the event justice.

Practice Rounds & Staff Sponsor Day
One thing I wish the Veterans of the Morgan Cup would have told me is, “These recaps don’t get easier as you write them.” After the beginning post I figured it would get that much easier, oh how I was wrong…

I have had several people ask me why I was traveling to Myrtle Beach so early over waiting to arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday, well there was one factor that drove that…CASTOR HADES. Here was a guy that for the past two years so eagerly made sure he was a part of the Morgan Cup. Not only that, he traveled thousands of miles to be a part of it. Having him as a partner in Round 2 and a teammate I wanted to spend as much time possible just getting to know this guy. With him being from Finland, I couldn’t just dial his number up post Morgan Cup and say, “Hey let’s get a round in this weekend!” So on Monday I met up with Jappi and his Finland buddy, Robert, at Myrtle Beach National for a round of golf. Walking up I asked myself, “Would I recognize this guy?” Well the minute I walked in to the clubhouse, he was right there waiting for me! Here what many would think as a first meeting, felt like we had been best friends for years. We teed off shortly thereafter, to only be greeted by thunderstorms and a long rain delay. Needless to say it was a soggy, wet, and miserable day, however the company of those two brought the sun out if there was any to be found.
Tuesday was the day I was to make my way to Caledonia and True Blue. The minute my car turned down that drive I felt the goosebumps. I was finally here after dissecting this course in and out via the web. Months of prep began to materialize into the fruits of my labor that would be experienced on those lush fairways. As I pulled into True Blue, I was greeted by the THP Tour Van, and a smile hit my face. The Morgan Cup stage was only a mere few days away. Then the rain hit!!! So I ventured over to Caledonia, where I saw vman (Ken) having a bowl of soup and a yeunling. We talked about things to come and watch a few groups come down one of the most demanding approach shots that we would experience that weekend. Talk about watching only 3 guys out of six groups hit that green.

On Wednesday Morgan Cuppers began to arrive and the feeling became more and more intense. Seeing the guys on the range dialing in their game was a sight to see. Teammates, volunteers, and family members were running around like kids in a candy store. Smiles and high fives could be seen and heard throughout the grounds. Not too long after that I met, Canadan, Amart, and Coers on the range where we found the Bridgestone Rep (Josh) smacking balls around. What a great kickoff to a weekend that would be engrained into our memory for years to come. We talked about golf, life, and hit balls like friends from the past even though we had just met. Watching Canadan hit golf balls on the range is one that I hope others get to experience. What a fluid and smooth swing and the ball just GOES!!!

Team Paradise Practice Rounds
Thursday morning was our teams practice round at Caledonia. Prior to making the short trip from the range over the guys started showing up. It was great seeing old faces and those new faces who were my teammates. Jersey Nate comes strolling up with the biggest smile I think I have ever witnessed in my life. The time for him was here. Long hours of prep finally brought to life. We made our way to the tee box and I have to admit any bystanders would have thought 8 guys, friends for years, were getting ready to tee off. The laughter, story, smiles, and hugs ensued for what had to be 20 – 30 minutes. I was in the second group with Castor, Jersey Nate, WCBM, and myself. Castor is Castor with his swagger. The guy’s swing just oozes pure. Jersey Nate need a shot of confidence and a kick of the nerves like no one else. Buddy you have game and once you let the confidence just roll you will see those scores dropping. What else can one say about Tim??? Dude just has it all. Knowledge, swagger, and a sense of humor like no other. Little did he know that all the knowledge he gave me regarding Caledonia and shots to hit would go a long way in my Round 2 match. That first nine was just fun. The back nine was no different as we switched it up foursome wise. Captain…you never told me you were a electronic music buff! I am still hearing those beats almost a week later. This nine was really fun as well and one that I will never forget.
Thank you for being the best teammates a guy could ask for!!!

Staff Sponsor Day
I would be lying if I told you I had a good night’s rest on Thursday. I have to admit I was up at 3:30 am, sitting on that couch, smiling like a kid in my Bridgestone scripting. Throughout the days leading up we had to deal with teasers being tossed out by JB regarding the sway. For me I wasn’t too worked up on the gear, over just being a part of this event. Although, not knowing what to expect with Sponsor Day being different from Morgan Cup’s of the past crept in.
What can I say about my sponsor Bridgestone??? Top Notch, Awesome, Stellar are adjectives that don’t even come close to doing them justice. A tour pro experience multiplied by 10 is what we received. Thank you for everything. Josh, Lauren, and the rest of the Bridgestone crew deserve one heck of a THANK YOU and will forever be indebted to me!
So as we gathered in the True Blue clubhouse, it was apparent grown men were being taken back to their childhood days on Christmas morning. The buzz was electric, where half of the guys ate less than a few bites of their breakfast. Then it happened…Mikeg74 appeared in the clubhouse saying, “5 Minutes, are you ready!” I think the last memory I have of being in that clubhouse was hoping that Freddie didn’t fall off that ladder!!! I wasn’t sure if I could get there quick enough to catch The Panda!!! Thanks for looking like a professional painter up there!
As we began to file out the door, I think I blacked out for a second or two. The emotions hit the minute I saw my little girl blow me a kiss. Finally all the hard work was done. It was now time to reap in the benefits that were being poured on us. The family, the reps, seeing JB and GG’s smile, told me we accomplished what everyone was pushing us to complete. I just remember seeing everyone take a jog to their bags, stare at their name then smile! A dream turned into a reality if only for a short period of time.
Instead of rehashing all the details of Sponsor Day, which the volunteers knocked out of the park, I will refrain from dragging this part on.

Closing I want to thank Bridgestone, TaylorMade, Cleveland/Srixon, Cobra, and Callaway for treating us just like a tour pro. Your generosity and excitement for this event should speak volumes to how you feel about THP and the Morgan Cup. To the 40 guys that put in the hard work and hours of prep…we made it and we did it in our own ways! To the volunteers, thank you for capturing Staff Sponsor Day, in ways that we would remember forever, because I forgot I had my phone! To JB and Morgan…thank you for allowing 40 guys to experience something many only dream of. Your hardwork and determination to evolve the game of golf and bring it to people across the world speaks volumes. Last but not least, thank you to the family members…my wife and daughter especially. You pushed me to get better even when it meant not spending time with the family. That name on that staff bag resembles your hard work as well.

Next up…The Matches!!!

Recap #1 - Special Thanks

I first want to thank more than a few people....in no particular order.

Hawk- Thanks for letting me know I was at the wrong gate and getting me a ride to MB. I would have eventually figured out I was in the wrong terminal, but not sure if it would have been in time.

Cookie - Thanks for giving me a ride. I would have gladly taken a cab and can't thank you enough for helping a brother out. I really enjoyed talking with you and Hawk on the ride to the villas as it gave me a clearer picture of what THP was REALLY all about.

Donne - Thanks for everything. I know I can be difficult and for lack of a better term pissy at times, but you put up with it none-the-less. I have no idea how you dealt with both Jeremiah and I at the same time. Your leadership and friendship is something that I'll never forget. There were many times when you talked me off of a ledge or talked me out of saying something that I would regret (see Canadan's recap about our "beef"). I like and respect all of the other captains, but I wouldn't have had the same experience as I did with you. From the moment we met outside of Atlanta that morning in March I knew that we would be friends well beyond the Morgan Cup. You always took the effort to make sure that all of us were making the most out of our journey. You're an awesome person and I can't really put anymore superlatives together that would convey how grateful I am that you picked me. I think what sums it up best is that you drove from your home in Tennessee to play a single round of golf with me. Just awesome....

Jeremiah - Dude......I thought that they destroyed the mold after I was born, but clearly they didn't. You are definitely my brother from another mother. Like Donne, I knew once we met that we would get along just fine, and maybe better than most. I've got so many great memories of that first round come to mind. I guess we can start with the first 5 minutes in that golf cart where I shared my views on a certain profession that involves "making it rain". Next, up would be me dry humping your golf bag for no other reason than my own entertainment. I'll never forget our phone and text conversations about the event, what equipment we were going to go with and just life in general. Our practice round set the tone for the entire weekend. You and I saw each other at the course and it was like we had been best friends for ever. I clearly remember Donne saying at one point, "I'm so glad I only have to play 1 round with you two. I feel really bad for Trout, Numbers, ATL and Neb. They have no idea what they are in for with you guys." You and I pushed each other that round, but at the same time had a ton of fun. After our round Paladin told his wife, "Yeah....Jeremiah and Adam are insane together. It's good thing Donne put them together because I'm not sure anyone else would be able to keep it together for 18 holes with them. They constantly poke fun at each others bad shots only to do everything short of make out when they hit good ones." I really think what describes our time playing together is after the ATL/Neb machine ran through us and I was having, "problems with my contacts", you put your arm over my shoulder, and told me, "I love you man!" I'll talk more about our matches and staff sponsor day in chapter 2.

Nate - BIG TIME!!!!! You certainly are "Big Time". I think I saw you 4 times the entire weekend.....:alien: . Thanks for being "The Man". I know I gave you and the great Republic of Texas a bunch of crap, but it was all in fun. You definitely are larger than life man. I can't thank you enough for all of the words of encouragement and that huge hug you gave me after Saturday's matches. I know it didn't seem like it, but that really did help me cheer up.

Trevor - I don't think there was a moment when I was around you where I wasn't laughing. It was amazing getting to know you and sharing this experience with you. I think you could have been Jeremiah and I's lost cousin. There were plenty of times during this journey where you provided sound advice and the pat on the back when I was struggling with my game.

Steve - You and Rebecca are two amazing people. It was amazing to watch your game improve throughout the journey. You're well on your way towards becoming an even better golfer than you are right now. You've got an awesome sense of humor and I couldn't have had a better roommate for the weekend. I really enjoyed working with you on the range Friday after our practice round. Listening to you and my dad talk about the military was pretty amazing.

Mojo - What a trip this was! I was looking at the ball marker you gave me yesterday unpacking and just smiled. You made this so much easier for me. You're an extremely positive person and I can't imagine have getting through all of this without you. You always went out of your way to make sure that everyone was doing ok and enjoying themselves.

Jeff/John - We didn't get a lot of time to talk this weekend, but the time I did get to spend with you was a blast. You're always smiling.....and that scares me. You've got an awesome game and it's hard to believe that you took 10 years off. For that, I want to hate you....but I admire it all the same. Watching you hit the golf ball is like watching poetry in motion.....except there's an explosion at the end of it.

Josh and Morgan - Trying to explain how much this event changed me is beyond my vocabulary. However, I will say that I was nervous only a handful of times throughout the weekend. Those were the times when one of you would come cruising up in a golf cart. My dad was just blown away at your generosity and the effort that you both put into making this event so amazing. Each step along the way you made sure that all of us were enjoying themselves. I really don't know what else to say besides, "Thank you". Had it not been for this event I would have no idea what being a part of THP is all about. And it's not just golf....it's so much more. I am looking forward to participating in more events just to hang out with you both more.

Canadan - It didn't start off good, but man am I glad that I got to know you. Getting to know you was one of the highlights of the weekend for me. You went out of your way multiple times to see how I was doing and what my thoughts were of the experience. And for those of you who don't know, I gave Dan my putter head cover. Not because he asked for it, but because I felt like he deserved it more than I did. Dan, your passion not only for THP, but for the game of golf is beyond words. I'm more than a club ho, but I'm going to have a really hard time parting with the irons you gave me because of the sentimental value. I'm so happy that you and I became friends during this journey. I can't wait to see you again and play some golf.

NebGolfer - I really can't say thank you enough for all of your help on Sunday. There were plenty of times where I was on the verge of a collapse and you said the right thing to get me focused on the next shot. You've got a great game and a huge heart. The poker chip that you gave me as a ball mark for that last match is something that I'm going to hold on to until I find another THPer who's got what I feel that chip stands for. That being, even though you may not be playing on the same team during an event it's never a bad thing to help your cart partner out and help them out. I really enjoyed that 18 ride. At times I forgot we were even playing golf. You're truly a special person and I think anyone who's lucky enough to play with you shares my sentiments.

That's all I can handle right now. I've been at this for a couple of hours, have shed more tears than I care to admit and need to get my thoughts together for the next part.

Until later......

I have some shout outs

Vman - I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have been one of my favorite people on THP. You always seem to be upbeat, you play a ton of golf and are so easy going. I'm very happy for you and glad you are a hall o famer and Morgan cup champion.

Mward - dude you are one of a kind. I'm proud to call you a friend and I'm sorry I called you a little hitler. You did what you do and won the MC with a great bunch of guys. I give you a hard time and you take it like a champ.
Resilience is in your blood and genuineness in your heart. You need to bottle that energy you have and sell it because it's contagious and rubbed off on your guys. Well done sir!
MORGAN CUP WINNING CAPTAIN! How does that feel! Congrats!

Pete I was so shocked to see you at media day. It kind of made my day to be honest. My heart broke when I heard about your accident. You worked so hard to come so close had to kill you. I have no clue what was going through your head. But it was classy for you to come and hang with all of the crew.

Donnie- there is something some calming about being around you. Something so true, something I'd like to find in my life. It's a level of peace and calm with yourself. One of the nicest men I know and from what I can tell one hell of a captain. Seeing you in your element was cool and watching you play a few shots just made me happy. Few deserve a spot but I think you did and you made the most of it. Can't wait for Gauntlet!

Trout - you sir are special to me and always will be. I admire your game and wish I had your action. I know life hasn't been perfect for you but one would never know by the way you carry yourself. Cool as the other side of the pillow. I'm glad we didn't play each other but were able to enjoy the moments we had. Keep doing you because you is what the world needs.

Spicoli - long John is a better name. I've admired your distance since mission inn at the Callaway apex launch. I knew you had game and have wanted to trade swings with you when it mattered. After seeing you no the range I'm glad I didn't draw you in singles. Jimmy was all I could handle and I fear I would have tried to chase you all day. Mad respect for your game bro!!

Mojo - boy we traded text, phone calls and messages over the last 8 months. I listened in disbelief at your fitting story and offered what advise I had. It seems to all worked out and for that I am glad. I watched you everyday and the looks on your face told the entire MC story. Joy, frustration, happieness, exhaustion, concern, giddiness and silly. Glad I was able to spend a few moments with you last week. See you soon.

You'll always be my boy FK. If I couldn't take a joke, I'd be in a real problem for all the jokes I dish out :)

You're my boy Adam. I'm proud of what we accomplished this past week.

He was my boy first...wait that sounds wrong.

I really am glad that the two of you reached a point where you could each understand and communicate with the other. This event was always so hard for guys that have never been to a previous THP event, but I love seeing the light bulb click with multiple guys this weekend.

I think I speak for all the volunteers when I say that all 40 of you made us look good. Each and every one of you worked on your games and it showed. If we did indeed kill it, that was because you guys killed it with your preparation and execution during the event. some VERY good golf was played & we thank you for the dedication.

You rock bro, a truly truly exceptional guy!! Thanks for giving me a minute to gather myself after my beating lol, it was a though one.

Watching WCHM on the first tee during the practice round was hilarious! A mixture of to much caffeine, ADHD, and shear excitement. Dude was pinging. There were a ton of laughs that round!

I am fairly certain there were sparks flying every time he moved from all the electricity in his veins.

You could tell from that very moment what depth of importance the Morgan Cup had with him. I loved watching it.

Dudes I was zinging lol I'm not sure what was in that coffee but it kicked my ADHD in to overdrive and I was having flashbacks from another period in life lol. Man I was glad when I finally came down.

I have been reading all these recaps and thinking about how I can possibly do one and make it without getting all emotional and $hit but I can't yet. I keep going back from the day I was picked, Caroline and I were sitting in the bar of a cheesy restaurant watching the Browns game and all of a sudden my phone started going crazy like a vibrator with fresh batteries lol, I, being the dummie I am was like, I wonder what the heck is going on?? Then my wife said you got in!!! You got in!!! I stood up in the bar and yelled holy ****! and hightailed it home to check for real and sure enough I was a proud member of team Cobra/Puma, I'll remember that day like it was yesterday for the rest of my life, I still smile and get all girlie like lol.

Then came the Captain questions, I was like what is this all about? I've been interrogated before and I can tell you the only thing missing was the light, the Billy club, and the phone book lol. I got the Nod for Albatross and a call from Captain Dan and was pumped! I had never met he or Brad before, hell I didn't know anyone on my team but we all shared common bonds, we were all Albatross, we all wanted the cup, and we knew this would change our lives, we had no idea exactly the magnitude of how it would change our lives and our golf games, it was real!!

We had some dynamic ups and downs during the months that followed but one thing was always in common, our passion for the Cup and the will to get better to bring it home.

Dan: I can't thank you enough for your guidance, unconditional support, wonderful demeanor, your ability to forgive, and you unconditional friendship. My game never seemed to show up when we played together but in spite of, you still believed in me after blowing out a 90 something lol, that was horrendous and I was freezing lol. I love you like a family member dude and I'll always be grateful for you belief that I could make a difference on team Albatross.

Brad: My shiznit lol!! True story, the first time I spoke with Brad on the phone I was on a tyrade about something regarding a mid capper and I was being emphatic about how I was better than that and he says, "I'm a mid capper" lol, I crapped the bed on that one but he didn't hold it against me. Bro you were my pillar at times and I'll never forget your ability to be calm when all of us were in the midst of ugly rounds, swings, and life as just kicking our asses. You'll never know how much you are appreciated because I can't put it into words.

Kang: This guy is amazing as a person, a golfer, a friend, and from watching he and his wife interact, a husband. When I was selected to Cobra and SeeMore Kang sent me a pm asking for my address and he sent me a SeeMore lol, I tried to object but he became forceful and said he would kick everyones ass if I didn't give him my address, so being the girlie man that I am I caved (not really but that story sounded good lol) You have been amazing through this whole event, from being the team supporter when things were turbulent to just sharing how the journey was a struggle at times, you were a constant ray of light and that light provided much needed guidance and grounding for me dude. Much much respect and love bro!

Jimmy: It's dusty in here right now and I'm having a hard time with this one. Dude you are everything I always wanted to be growing up but never found. Your ability to be centered, was amazing to me, your drive was inspiring to me and you pushed me much more than you'll ever know, you made me want to be better. There is a spot in my heart for you dude that will always be filled with the memories of sharing this journey with you, our talks will always be a positive memory and our matches together will forever be etched on my hard drive of life. You are one of the most exceptional young men I've ever met and I'm a better man for knowing you. Congrats on all your achievements during your journey and congrats for snagging one of the best gals in the universe, you guys are like peanut butter and jelly! Love you Bro!

Jimmy's Dad: I'd love to tell you how awesome your son is but I'm sure you already know, he is a living testament to one of the finest jobs in parenting I've ever seen, during our conversations he said many times how much he loved your times on the course together and you could see him light up when he mentioned you. My hats off to you man, you did it right buddy.

Coers: I hadn't even met you yet and I was getting sick with a flu or something lol, I heard the rumors but I met the myth. Dude you rocked this thing like no other, you pushed yourself to the limit and exceeded every challenge thrown your way dude, you gamed your game and you rocked who you are, and I love you for it dude, you are badass and we'll be friends for a long long time bro.

Andy M: Dude!!! you are incredible!! when I was told you were working with Dan I knew good things were in the making but I had no idea just how good you'd be, you are an exceptional guy and it was a pleasure sharing this with you dude, I'd be your partner in a match any time and thank you for grounding me at times when I was bouncing, your quiet demeanor on our team page was inspiring and brought clarity. Thanks dude!

Andy V: The quiet giant!! you were the quiet one on the team but you walked with a big stick dude. I loved seeing you come out of your shell for this when you arrived in Myrtle, you laughed, smiled a lot and being around you one couldn't help but smile and want to talk to you. You were quiet about your game and your regimen but when it was needed you showed the world what you had been practicing and your shots were your exclamation point, it was a pleasure dude and I hope we tee it up again

Morgan: You effing rock !! everything you touch turns to gold and everyone that meets you is a better person because of it, you're as genuine as they come, Beautiful inside and out, and the pillar every man dreams of having, you are what I call Authentic!

JB: Dude I will never be able to express my gratitude (phukkin onions) to you for my entire time here. I never thought I would be in a Morgan Cup dude let alone in any of the other events I've been fortunate enough to get into. This was the single greatest time I've ever had in my golfing life and I always say you're either a dream maker or a dream breaker and you make dreams come true dude, for many many folks from across the globe. Who does that? Who sets out to start a business that helps people become better at their passion, better at being human, better at being taught, and turns it all into dreams of a lifetime? You do bro and I absolutely love you for it, selfless is a word that comes to mind but I don't think its good enough. I will never forget this last several months, the support, the demands to be better than we were as forumites, and the passion you had to make it bigger and better than it ever was. Dude you knocked it out of the park!

I'll post more later, I need some dry eyes or something.

Damn you Trouter!! You're making my allergies really kick in!! Seriously though, the time spent on the course with you will never be forgotten. The time spent with you means a lot more to me than I could every put into words. I cannot wait to get back on the course with you, Marc. You've given me the most fun playing golf and it's not even close. I will cherish our time together during the Morgan Cup forever!!

Thanks for that Marc. I just ran out of Kleenex !!!

Damn you Trouter!! You're making my allergies really kick in!! Seriously though, the time spent on the course with you will never be forgotten. The time spent with you means a lot more to me than I could every put into words. I cannot wait to get back on the course with you, Marc. You've given me the most fun playing golf and it's not even close. I will cherish our time together during the Morgan Cup forever!!

Get a room :in-love::guitar::love: jk :D

Heck of a recap trout or whatever ur name is...well done buddy you could see the love for the event in your words

He was my boy first...wait that sounds wrong.

I really am glad that the two of you reached a point where you could each understand and communicate with the other. This event was always so hard for guys that have never been to a previous THP event, but I love seeing the light bulb click with multiple guys this weekend.

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies.....theres plenty of me to go around.

Just thinking of some random moments that don't fit into a recap:

At about 10p Friday at the club house bar -
JerseyNate - (Nate gets a text) Oh hey now!
Me - What's that? Some girl blowing up your phone?

Same day -
Jake makes his entrance, and I'm the closest person, he goes to hug me, then stops abruptly when he realizes that he has no idea who I am.

Saturday
Match 1
on the 11th hole (hole 2) during our morning round, JB and O'Carrol come cruising up and jump out of the cart. JB says, "You guys changed to Pinehurst at the turn. Right?". Trout, Numbers, Best and I all look at each other and say, "Oh yeah....we were supposed to do that." Trout points to everyone's ball and says, "Good, good, good, good?"

1st hole same round after I hit my hybrid to get home in two, Numbers says, "Man! You smoked that thing!" We get to the green and none of us can find the ball so I have to drop on the other side and proceedeto spend 3 shots in the waste bunker. I look at Jimmy after the hole, "Now we'll never know what really happened to that ball. I hope it's happy wherever it is."

After going 4 down, Jeremiah turns to meand says, "At this rate we'll be the first in line for lunch."

I'll post more as they come to me.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Marc-awesome. Seriously dude, you are amazing.

The rest will come in spurts as I remember things or just feel like continuing the saga of an ex trout Bum lol.

Texas Nate: I wanted that match bad dude and I was pissed that I didn't show up to give you the match you deserved. Bro you are stellar and even though your personality is larger than life, your heart is as big as Texas and humble to the core. I'll get a rematch one day and hopefully me you and the Konginator will have some great matches over the coming years, we all seem to suffer from that thing called drive lol. You rock Bro!

Freddie: Oh boy, this is a tough one for me because you were the first one to reach out to me here and even though we disagree sometimes there's a bond there that just can't be broken dude. I missed not playing you to be honest, we've had some great matches over the last few years and have traded some bragging rights too lol. Thank you for the support when I was ready to give up on getting in the Cup, you pushed me to keep going and because of you I'm a better golfer with more great memories than a man should be allowed and you are in most of them. I look forward to a long friendship with you Freddie and honestly can't wait to tee it up with you bro, it's always a fun round filled with some shotmaking that comes from deep inside when we're pushed to be better than yesterday. Much love dude!

More tomorrow, I need to thank the world it feels like.

I hope this slide show works from my photo bucket. There is still about another 140 pictures I need to add to it. I encourage everyone to go through it and post their favorites from the album. After seeing all the great pictures my fiance took of me and my playing partners, (Adam and Jeramiah and Freddie the ones that haven't been uploaded yet are the ones from our rounds together I will be sure to get those in soon) I wish I had her just travel around to everyone and get pictures of the entire event of everyone playing.

http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/Six4three5/slideshow/TOSHIBA-PC/SC 2014 Morgan Cup

If I had to choose my favorite I think it would be this one, because I believe this picture sums up how much fun everyone had during the weekend.

Also absolutely love this one of my boy Marc!

Why volunteer? Such a vague question really. But when I think about it right down to the core. People chose to volunteer when it’s something they either believe in, have a passion for, or it’s something that just flat out moves them. In this case for me it’s all of that, and then some. It’s a simple as “Cause that’s what we do”. To support my 40 brothers, Josh and Morgan, and the entire THP Family, was a complete honor. All of us worked our backsides off to attempt to capture a small part of the amazing end to an incredible journey these guys had. Yes, there were early mornings, and long hot days. But I know there isn’t a single one of us that wouldn’t do it again. For me to have the ability to share this magical event with my closest friends in life, that’s the power of doing what needed to be done. Throughout the entire time down in MB I had a full range of emotions, that were somewhat odd at times, and other times they were just right. Thank you to each and every one of the staffers, my fellow volunteers, JB and GG, Trish, and Pete for allowing me to share this with you.

Trout/WCHG - I haven't ever enjoyed getting my tail kicked as much as I did vs you and Jimmy. You are trulythe Bubba Watson of THP. I loved when JB said, "Marc, if I didn't know you and saw you dressed like that at a course I would play you for money everytime, and then end up really disappointed."

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Back