• walk with some type of cart

Votes: 71 41.0%

• Total voters

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Walking vs riding seem to pop up now and then in any number of threads for any different reasons. I was curious how many of us do what most of the time and why if you care to give a reason.

For me its most always walk and with a hand cart.
Reason is mostly for expense - $18 for a cart adds up to a free round about every two plus times.

But I also do find more convenient walking. Clubs always with you, go straight to balls, get close to greens with clubs, no worries on par3's and cart path only holes, no worries to play good so called "cart golf". Of course on a real hot humid day I would rather ride but still don't. No wrongs or rights here but that's what I do and why.

allowing multi votes in case you truly do spit it up about 50/50 or close to that. But if its not close to at least a 60/40 split than just vote your most used method please. Just curious how many doing what.

Ride.

20 years ago the club I belonged to included a rental cart with the membership. It was hard to walk when a "free" cart was available.

15 years ago I moved to a community where I could own a cart and use it to commute to/from the course and use it during play.

10 years ago I turned 60 - next question.

In my area, walking would be near impossible.
The two courses we play the most have a quarter mile in between holes on multiple occasions.

I ride, just easier for me

I ride 75% of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ride most of the time i play a lot of hilly courses

In my area, walking would be near impossible.
The two courses we play the most have a quarter mile in between holes on multiple occasions.

yes. sometimes the course is just not practical to walk. 2 of my 5 local munis (actually they are sister courses at same place) are what a lot of us would consider border line to walk. A bit more and would also not be too practical to walk. Many more ride them vs the others. But they are walkable for the average person just not so easy to do so.

Walk, but most courses I play have tees right next to the greens, so besides walking in a zigzag from tee to green, there isn't much excess travel from hole to hole. Plus I enjoy it, I only ride in tourneys with captain and crew and if the weather is absolutely unbearable but that has to be like 95 and humid which we don't get a ton of where I am.

I walk pretty much every round. Most courses I play the holes are close to each other. The only time I ride is when I play courses like JB mentioned where there's a huge distance between holes.

I walk my course most of the time, but am fine either way. As long as I'm golfing.

This year I have walked only 2 rounds. Mainly it's because I am doing most of my golfing at twilight and you can play all you want with cart for $15. That's a no brainer. The other courses I have played this year are not walker friendly. When I do walk, I have a push cart.

Walk most of the courses that I play, but will take a cart at courses where it is included in the greens fees or the course is difficult to walk.

Really hope that this thread doesn't decline into another walking vs. riding debate, we've had way too many of those.

I walk/carry and walk/push the most. Its not even close really.

BUT, most course around here are set up so you can, when I go to FL my happy butt is riding.

Ride most this year but wouldn't mind walking more

Ride.

I'm lazy.

I walk a lot only bc I play free golf where I volunteer and it is an easy course to walk. So I save my money for other courses that necessitate a cart

Walked and carried 99% of time until a left arm injury. Now substitute the carry with push.

Walk when possible, quite practical at most local courses.

Walk for league play, ride when necessary by course design or when playing with the fiancé because she's all over the course (newbie)

I walk and carry whenever possible I enjoy it a ton.

Ride whenever possible. Would love to walk more but the courses around here are stricter than JB when it comes to pace of play. Some of them won't let you walk until the afternoon.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Ride. It's too damn hot in Texas to walk.

I walk/carry and walk/push the most. Its not even close really.

BUT, most course around here are set up so you can, when I go to FL my happy butt is riding.

I prefer to walk with a push/pull cart (always in my weeknight league), but some courses you definitely have to have a cart. But I'd prefer to walk if I can.

Back