We have 15 new launches coming!

Not to start the next holy war , but why does it matter? If a company releases equipment more frequently or not. Does that mean as a consumer we're forced to buy each release? Or is it the need for a person to have the latest and greatest?
It doesn't matter to me. I'm in favor of more golf equipment.

I'll buy all 15 new releases and blame them all for not fixing my bad swing hahahahaha

I think people feel wronged when they spend 4 or 5 hundred dollars on something and 4 months later it can be had for half that. I can't really say i blame them. I have no idea about this incident specifically but i get people's frustrations.

I think people feel wronged when they spend 4 or 5 hundred dollars on something and 4 months later it can be had for half that. I can't really say i blame them. I have no idea about this incident specifically but i get people's frustrations.

How do people feel about buying cars? People know the deal when buying a club it's been that way since the beginning of time.

Do people feel this strongly about the growth of the cell phone industry? I'd say they have similar timelines - a phone comes out, then since the next iteration is announced just a few months later the original's price drops? I can understand some grumbling, but to go to this extent was blatant and idiotic trolling for trolling's sake, IMO.

How do people feel about buying cars? People know the deal when buying a club it's been that way since the beginning of time.

My car is two years old and worth damn near what a new one is.

Listen, I don't blame any company for enterprise i just understand the other side as well.

Do people feel this strongly about the growth of the cell phone industry? I'd say they have similar timelines - a phone comes out, then since the next iteration is announced just a few months later the original's price drops? I can understand some grumbling, but to go to this extent was blatant and idiotic trolling for trolling's sake, IMO.

Computers were the exact same. You bought one and 6 months later it was useless for gaming.

I get it. I just understand the counterpoint as well. Do i think raging like some nerd on the Internet is the answer? Nope sure don't.

But it doesn't make the club you bought worth any less to your game. You got the club you wanted at the time.

It's not a clubmaker's obligation to inform you of all upcoming releases, anymore than an automaker's to inform you that the car you buy is going to be replaced or discontinued, or a software manufacturer has to tell you they're going to release a new version of that program in a few months.

I tend to agree with ya and it's this reasoning along with limited cash that has me usually buying at those slashed prices months after items are out.

people need.to not look at drivers as an investment and tie depreciation into their feelings of being wronged

The fact that people get up in arms about releases about freaking golf clubs is hysterical. It's golf equipment. I wish that is all I had to stress in life about.

I tend to agree with ya and it's this reasoning along with limited cash that has me usually buying at those slashed prices months after items are out.

people need.to not look at drivers as an investment and tie depreciation into their feelings of being wronged

Well said my friend.

The fact that people get up in arms about releases about freaking golf clubs is hysterical. It's golf equipment. I wish that is all I had to stress in life about.

I know dude. I mean i lost a finger nail today and my ac is broke. Wtf

a-freaking-men.

You don't like it, don't by the latest and greatest. It's not like you have to. Having options is good and the more options there are the more likely someone that hasn't played before gives in and buys something and starts playing, imho. :shrug:

I know dude. I mean i lost a finger nail today and my ac is broke. Wtf

Meh, not a big deal dude. Just be glad that a new driver wasnt announced today, because THAT would wreck your freaking week.

This is all I got regarding this topic.

42924-haters-gonna-hate-fat-kid-gif-VHex.gif

We have 15 new launches coming!

What Checkered said

Last edited:
Do trolls have balls?

Harry's greatest asset--his sense of humor. Love it!

If I was a high handicapper who tried for years to get my index down under 15 or so, and still couldnt, regardless of buying every club on the market to make myself feel better about my life, and still sucked at golf, I would be PISSED to see that new releases are coming out.

But... Im not.

Thanks all for all the comments, feedback and understanding. Certainly an interesting day and not what we all in our industry should be focusing on which is about making really cool stuff that golfers tell us they want. Let's keep having some fun along the way and talk about cool golf stuff again.

15??? Oi this is going to cost.

But really today was entertaining.

It amazes me how much people went out of their way on twitter and a few forums with axe in hand on the hunt.

And it's always and I mean always the same people and handles. Unreal.

Harry I've told you this in the past. Take all those trolls and bring them to HQ in Carlsbad. I'd love to see how they start back-pedalling and singing a different tune. They don't deserve that once in a lifetime experience. But watching them do backflips would be gold.

Keep FEEDING it to them my friend.

We got trolled by Mark Crossfields American twin, and it was awesome.

Zoo animals better get back into your cage, Cookie and crew coming to town.:act-up:

On a side note, I like everything Callaway I've ever hit. You guys are doing great.

Last edited:
Harry and Jason, thanks for taking the time to have some fun with us on THP. Personally, it means a lot to have your presence and participation here. We're looking forward to hanging with you guys soon, and kicking your a-- in the Dos!

Back