LaGila Golf Wipes - Product Spotlight Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems useful. Are these pretty much the same as gripes or did you see any pros / cons?

Nice review Ryan. Like the concept of these but not sure I is worth the spend for me personally when I can achieve the same result with good ole spit and a washable towel.

• Admin
Seems useful. Are these pretty much the same as gripes or did you see any pros / cons?

They are a bit different. They also appear to have a different mix of ingredients and i am not sure they are safe to not dry out grips.

Nice job on this one Hawk. I'm a golfer that always has a wet towel on the course and feel lost without it. Given that a towel does the same and I can just wash it I doubt I would use something like this but I think there is a market for it.......just not sure how big that market is.

Appears to do what it's intended to without question.

Interesting product. I think a towel may work better for my purposes, but I can see how it could be appeal for people.

Seems unnecessary. I use the ball washer and a little spit and my pocket scrub brush for my clubs. All shiny and new.

Interesting that grass stains weer still evident on balls after using the wipes, seems like that should be the easiest to clean.

Is the $8.85 price on par with other similar options out there? cant say Ive bought any before so I have no clue

Great review as always Ryan

I have a Frogger towel that I use when on course. I use Gripes on my grips so I am not too sure that I will be purchasing this product. I will follow along with this thread and see if I possibly could put these to use.

Looks like a good product for someone who may not use a towel all the time. I typically use my wet towel, but could see using these on occasion.

Thanks for the information Hawk.

Great write up Ryan. I have had some emails arrive in my inbox related to this product. I am a towel guy out on the course when cleaning my clubs or golf balls. I am sure there is a small market out there for this product.

Great review, although doubt I'd use it. How many wipes would you go through a round? To reuse, would you put back in original packaging or have to carry an extra ziplock baggie to keep it useful? So I'd have to keep going into and out of a pocket on my golf bag every time I wanted to wipe soemthing down, vice just grabbing my towel which out and readily available to me? I'll stick with my trusty wet (occasionally smelly) towel for now.

Thanks for the info on these.
I can clean my clubs and golf balls with my dampened THP towels, so these are not something I would ever buy.
But thank you again for the well written review.

These seem nice/useful. I think Lamkin makes a similar product for their grips.

As always, appreciate that you guys read and commented.

Different in a few ways - the biggest being that they have a texture on one side that is mildly abrasive. I don't think they'd be good for grips - at least using that side. The abrasive material sort of sloughs off as you use it and I could see it sticking to the tacky rubber. And it may not be as good a chemical in terms of degrading the rubber - not sure on that though.

Seems unnecessary. I use the ball washer and a little spit and my pocket scrub brush for my clubs. All shiny and new.

Not disagreeing with you in any way, but they are more for things like greenside ball cleaning when you don't have access to a washer. Of course, a towel works as well at those times.

Interesting that grass stains weer still evident on balls after using the wipes, seems like that should be the easiest to clean.

Is the $8.85 price on par with other similar options out there? cant say Ive bought any before so I have no clue

Great review as always Ryan

I'm talking the really laid in stains. Almost that yellowing that occurs if that makes sense. Price is similar to Gripes if you factor in shipping, but they aren't really made for the same purpose.

Great review, although doubt I'd use it. How many wipes would you go through a round? To reuse, would you put back in original packaging or have to carry an extra ziplock baggie to keep it useful? So I'd have to keep going into and out of a pocket on my golf bag every time I wanted to wipe soemthing down, vice just grabbing my towel which out and readily available to me? I'll stick with my trusty wet (occasionally smelly) towel for now.

Good question and it's one I posed in the review. You'd certainly waste a lot of them if you disposed of them on every hole, so I think storage would be a neccessity. I was able to put them back in the packaging. The packaging can be hung on the golf bag, but I certainly understand you point of putting it in and taking it out vs just grabbing a towel.

Hawk nailed that review, nicely. Great info and sound testing. I enjoyed the read but think my towel is safe.

Nice review Hawk. I don't think this would replace a towel and water for me. IMO, it creates a lot of unnecessary waste.

Great review - however, as mentioned they seem a bit unnecessary - now if these doubled as a grip cleaner and multi-purpose cleaning tool, that would be a better product IMO.

I know when I use my Gripes before throwing them away I will quickly wipe down the shafts/heads....

Great review - however, as mentioned they seem a bit unnecessary - now if these doubled as a grip cleaner and multi-purpose cleaning tool, that would be a better product IMO.

I know when I use my Gripes before throwing them away I will quickly wipe down the shafts/heads....

I tend to agree with you, though the Gripes wouldn't really do much for the amount of debris on those clubs for example. Still, I'm just not 100% convinced I need a wipe for that. The value of Gripes to me is the convenience and portability and that you can use them in one sitting very quickly rather than running soapy water or whatever.

thanks for the spotlight Hawk. Not sure if it’s something that would make it’s way in to my bag, but I’m sure there is a market for it.

I could see myself using these, solely based on the fact that I don't always remember to wet a towel to clean clubs with. These could be a great back up on those days

Well, that's an interesting product. I can't tell you how many times I've been at a golf course only to discover there are no ball washers or club washers around during my round. So these certainly have potential for being needed.

As for the need to keep it moist, I'd probably just pack along a ziplock bag and put the used one in it in between uses.

~Rock

The product does as advertised, but I am with many others who use a wet towel to do the same thing. There will be people who will love this and purchase it, but I'll stick with the wet towel.

Good review and I am of the camp that while I'm sure these have a place in somebody's bag, its certainly not mine.

Thanks for the review Hawk. Very informative. I'm sure there's a market out there for this product but I'll stick with the 3 towels I have in my bag. 1 for my clubs, 1 for my face and hands, and 1 I just keep forgetting about and really need to wash.

I'm hoping one of these days to get a THP towel (actually 2).

Back