Taylormade R9 Irons Contest - The Players Championship

What do you think the percentage is that Canadian entries include Mike Weir?

I gave him some strong consideration but he totally screwed me in the last contest I used him, I just couldn't do it.

I gave Wier a little thought too but that was it.

What do you think the percentage is that Canadian entries include Mike Weir?

I'm a fan of Mike Weir, but he's not all that consistant unfortunately. I though about adding him in long and hard, but in the end just couldn't do it.

My picks:
Dustin Johnson
Y.E. Yang
Phil Mickelson
Ian Poulter

I had picked Anthony Kim originally, but went with Poulter once he dropped out.

I think you might be the only one...hehe

I guess I need to go home and practice my Canadiana. No doobt aboot it. Eh?

I try. It comes and goes though. :D

I wasn't sure at first about Sergio, but thought that he might gain some confidence at a course he has done well at.

My thoughts as well hawk, I figure if there is ANYTHING that can bust Sergio out of his funk right now it's playing here at a course he has a lot of success at. Who knows, I think his upside is a little higher than other TM players right now, but his downside is really low too. We'll see I guess.

My picks...which guarantees that three of the below will miss the cut :act-up:

Phil Mickelson
Rickie Fowler
Justin Rose - TM Pro
Sean O'Hair - TM Pro

i will randomize the list of players using the true randomness of a random number generator ... pick my 4 guys and a winning score ... post them here later ... and if karma favors me ... then trade in the r9s for those schaweeeeet x24s ...

Phil Mickelson
Rickie Fowler
Justin Rose - TM Pro
Sean O'Hair - TM Pro

only speaking to your first selection ... wether it pans out that way or not ... it's absolutelty foolish to not pick phil the way he's playing ... it's more than momentum ... he's in that zone ... i like that pick ... in fact i like phil to win it all ...

only speaking to your first selection ... wether it pans out that way or not ... it's absolutelty foolish to not pick phil the way he's playing ... it's more than momentum ... he's in that zone ... i like that pick ... in fact i like phil to win it all ...

I actually decided to not choose him for that reason. Its tough to compete at the top of the game for 3 weeks in a row.
PLUS- conventional wisdom is to pick him... meaning that 1000 of those 2000 picks will have him. I'll take my chances on a "darker horse" winning the tourney and not compete against 1000 other score cards.

Phil Mickelson
Rickie Fowler
Justin Rose - TM Pro
Sean O'Hair - TM Pro

That's some huevos picking the young one ad. If he gets hot though you'll be in the front. Like the picks.

Here's mine:

Lefty (hope he stays hot), Furyk (hopefully not the one that showed up at the Masters), Dustin Johnson (let's hope Butch gave him some good pointers), Mike Weir (just one time this year can you play 4 good rounds in a row)

I know I'm not a mod but with all do respect, I think that's uncalled for. If that's your intent I'd keep that under your hat. TM was more than generous to donate this equipment for the contest and I'm sure if they were to see that post they may question whether to do something this awesome again. Just my .02 Sorry to all the mods but this struck a chord with me

i will randomize the list of players using the true randomness of a random number generator ... pick my 4 guys and a winning score ... post them here later ... and if karma favors me ... then trade in the r9s for those schaweeeeet x24s ...

I know I'm not a mod but with all do respect, I think that's uncalled for. Sorry to all the mods but this struck a chord with me
lol mob mentality
[YOUTUBE]XDkWdJ7OXtY[/YOUTUBE]
relax thanks

Wow to that. What a slap in the face to TaylorMade. I mean, if you're gonna do it, fine, but to announce it?

I actually decided to not choose him for that reason. Its tough to compete at the top of the game for 3 weeks in a row.
PLUS- conventional wisdom is to pick him... meaning that 1000 of those 2000 picks will have him. I'll take my chances on a "darker horse" winning the tourney and not compete against 1000 other score cards.

i dont care if 100% of people pick him ... i get your thinking ... but he's not just playing well ... he's got that "it" intangible going on this season ... we'll know soon enough ...

I know I'm not a mod but with all do respect, I think that's uncalled for. If that's your intent I'd keep that under your hat. TM was more than generous to donate this equipment for the contest and I'm sure if they were to see that post they may question whether to do something this awesome again. Just my .02 Sorry to all the mods but this struck a chord with me

+100

Youre not the only one. I was just thinking the same thing, why would you say something like that right in the very thread for everyone to read. Totally classless dude. Taylor Made didnt send one set of R9's but TWO!! Thats freakin awesome. Taylor Made has been nothing short of amazing to THP and thats in the short period of time Ive been here. Agree with thank1974 on this one thats something thats probably best kept to yourself so the rest of us can continue to have amazing contest with the help of Taylor Made and THP. What if other OEM's see this and decide its better not to send us cool prizes??

lol mob mentality

relax thanks

If you do not like the prizes that THP has for their contests each week, perhaps you just should not enter.

Dang!! Almost missed this one....

Winning entries have been sent in.....
Nothing against you JB, but just once, I would like you to have to send one of those RH sets back and ask for the correct sided set :act-up:

If the winner of the contest is a total fanboy of another company feel free to forward the R9's to me, I'll be sure to give you props!

Taylormade R9 Irons Contest - The Players Championship

Good luck all! If I win, I am puting the new sticks in the bag and giving my current set to a less fortunate friend. TM is so awesome, I want to pay it forward. Thanks so much TaylorMade! Love these irons!

Back