what part of your game are you working on?

I need to work on my putting. When I hit more GIRs, my putts per round get too high. This is because if I get the GIR, I am presumably further from the hole than had I missed the green and chipped up. When I am stiking the ball well, my putts are approximately 35-37 a round. I want to cut that down a few strokes. I am going to spend the next couple weeks focusing on putting, particularly putts from 10-15 feet.

Working on consistant ball striking with the driver, and better accuracy with my mid/long irons. Interstingly, I was struggling with putting/chipping, so I had focused on that for about 1 1/2 weeks. The last two rounds I was Mr. Up and Down. Which revealed the former weaknesses in my game...

My driver swing and my putting. When you can't hit it consistently off the tee or make putts it puts a strain on your short game. The good news is my short game has been getting better simply because I have to use it so much lately. This past week both driver and putter have started to behave themselves better so there is hope for me yet.

Pretty happy with my drives- short :( but straight. Short game is not bad either. So its the mid game shots I am working on- especially from the rough. Both the actual shots and my course management from that position. If I get get that sorted I'll go back to the driver and see about more distance.

Re: what part of your game are you working on?

For me I'm trying to work on keeping focus so I can avoid the blow up holes. I've also been working the birdie balls in the back yard for improved short game. I really want to break 90 but the blow up holes are killing me. I went 7 on a par 4 then 5 on a par 3 and 7 on another par 4 all not hard or long. So another thing is getting over the first hole jidders.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

what part of your game are you working on?

OEM Kevin said:
For me I'm trying to work on keeping focus so I can avoid the blow up holes. I've also been working the birdie balls in the back yard for improved short game. I really want to break 90 but the blow up holes are killing me. I went 7 on a par 4 then 5 on a par 3 and 7 on another par 4 all not hard or long. So another thing is getting over the first hole jidders.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk
+1 on the focus. Sometimes I wonder if it's lack of focus or lack of talent for me though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

right now im working on playing a complete game... the past 2 rounds ive had were brutal...
the first game this weekend i told myself id improve my gir percentages and i did 2x better than i normally do hitting greens(mission accomplished)... but... not one birdie fell and every other hole was a blow up hole...

todays round i told myself i had to eliminate blowup holes(mission accomplished sorta)... but... i didnt get one par today

i have got to get my complete game together because the things i decide to work on end up fine... but the rest of my game falls apart

putting...... its killing me.

im working on mid irons... i can clobber my woods and short irons/wedges... but my mid irons are giving me fits

Im really trying to work on getting off the tee better. Short and mis hit drives are killing my goal of breaking 90. Need to be more consistent off the tee.

Still working on chipping and 1/2-3/4 shots from <75 yds

Still working on chipping and 1/2-3/4 shots from <75 yds

Sounds like we have much the same problem. 1 under through 6 on Monday and made two triple bogeys in the last 3 holes because of that. Tough hole, but still no excuse to take 3 shots from within 50 yards to get on the green. Followed by a 3 putt nonetheless.

My nemesis has been getting to within 100 yds or so with my first shot on a short par 4 but then taking 3-4 shots to go the final 100 yds because I'm blading full wedge shots or fat chipping. Next step is to buy a 49* Niblick if all else fails

Sounds like we have much the same problem. 1 under through 6 on Monday and made two triple bogeys in the last 3 holes because of that. Tough hole, but still no excuse to take 3 shots from within 50 yards to get on the green. Followed by a 3 putt nonetheless.

I also +1 to the chipping and putting. My drives are ok, mid-long irons are great, and generally I can get close to/on to the green in 2 shots on all par 4's and even 5's. But Putting and chipping are terrible. I usually average 36 putts a round. Last week I made 1, 1 putt - that was from 3 feet, that was after 15 straight 2 putts. lol. I have the 49* Nib for this as well, just need to get time to practice.

im working on mid irons... i can clobber my woods and short irons/wedges... but my mid irons are giving me fits

Same here. I've ruined more good drives and good putting with crappy mid iron play. Also, need to work on getting out of the second cut of rough better.

My nemesis has been getting to within 100 yds or so with my first shot on a short par 4 but then taking 3-4 shots to go the final 100 yds because I'm blading full wedge shots or fat chipping. Next step is to buy a 49* Niblick if all else fails

Yeah we're playing almost the exact same type of golf then. My drives have been great, and if it's a long enough hole that I am still 130 - 150 out after my tee shot then I am fine. My weakness is when I am too close to play my 8i or 9i and have to use a half PW or full 52*. That's exactly the reason I dropped the 52* out of the bag and ordered a 49* niblick on Tuesday. It should be here beginning of next week so I'll be sure to let you know how it works.

my typical problem (aside from wasting good drives) is not being able to string quality shots together for a hole. my typical par 5 holes lately have been A drive, D second/third shot, F approach, B putt(s).

My wicked slice off the tee is what's killing me these days.

When I actually do get one in the fairway it's like a whole different game....!

Mine is always the blow up holes lol.

But the most now is on my iron game, in the last 3 months I fixed my driver and in the process lost my iron play and its killing me.

I am making a major swing plane change and I have signed up for six lessons just to work on solid ball striking over the next few months. The main item I am focusing on now is keeping the top of my right hand facing up while striking down and through the ball . My instuctor told Kelly and I to have the feeling your are wiping off a table and you need to keep that hand in the same position all the way across the table. I might be confusing some of you or not making any sense however that's my focus. Swing plane and consistant solid ball striking.

Everything! IN the middle of changing my swing... keeping wrist closed, straighter take-away, shorter backswing, dropping arms ahead of hands so I'm not playing catch-up to hit the ball with the right flight. Its a lot of work but i am finally seeing some consistency.

The top three things I'm working on when I hit the range:

FW 3&5 off the deck... brutal. I even took 'em outta my bag for awhile
Tempo, tempo, tempo! Keep it nice and easy like Freddy C. (at least that's how I see myself in my head, lol!)
Putt distance. I'm getting close, but am still leaving a lot of >15ft. putts just inches short at times. If I'm not an inch or two short, then it seems I'm five or six feet long and roll it through the line I'm going for. sheesh!

Oh well, that is what I love about golf. If I had a perfect game with nothing to work on then I'd probably get bored and quit!

today im working on scoring lower than my brother... even if its by 1 stroke

Back