what part of your game are you working on?

That guy is a jerk-off. I always love "give lessons to strangers on a range guy".

Poor Mrs. Biggsy, I kept making her look at my swing to tell me if it looked funny. I don't know why people feel the need to do that either, it's very annoying.

Poor Mrs. Biggsy, I kept making her look at my swing to tell me if it looked funny. I don't know why people feel the need to do that either, it's very annoying.
I like how he waited until JB and I were on the putting green to say something like that.

Your swing looked great yesterday and you keep hitting it longer and longer every time we see you! Keep up the good and hard work, everything is coming along nicely.

Like others said GG, ignore the guy and dont let it get in your head. You know you are doing much better, you know that your scores are going down. One thing I have learned about glf is you do not necessarily need to be perfect on every swing but have good basic fundamentals which I am sure you do. Keep at it !!!

Yesterday at the range before our round I was hitting my driver and the guy behind me asked if I was a softball player. I have never played sports in my life so I kindly said no. He told me it looks like I am swigning a baseball bat. Not only was I incredibly insulted but I have always been told by my instructors and friends that my swing is technically sound. I was making everyone look at me swing to tell me if it looked like I was swinging a baseball bat and everyone said NO, it looked like I was hitting a driver with a technically sound swing. But for some reason that guy got into my head and I couldn't hit a single shot after that. I don't think I have ever even swung a bat before in my life haha. Anyway, the moral of my long story is that I need to not let those kinds of things get into my head. Just like hitting a bad shot, I can't all of a sudden assume my next shot will be bad too. I have to work on the mental, confidence, side of my game a lot too.

Sounds like you need to be taking your iPod to the range, or learn how to be not be so nice and tell him to shove it haha!

Not cool though. The way you've been posting around here, it sounds like you've been doing just fine.

I have been working hard on keeping my upper body quiet during my swing. I had been dipping down and hitting everything waaaaay to fat. So tonight, spent most of my time just trying to be very quiet with the upper body, and trying to get a nice in to out swing to get my slight draw back.

It was very successful. I am crazy pumped haha

release and follow thru

pitching and chipping from <75yds

it would be an easy answer if the question was what aren't you working on.i'm a work in progress.working on everything.hope to break 90 on 9 this year.

To try to do all aspects of the game smarter. From shot selection, to club selection to course management.

My short game, it was always my problem area when I was younger and after 10 years off it has really gone to hell. This time around my plan is to spend more time on and around the practice green and less time watching the big dog eat. My long game has been a strong point of my game so maintenance is necessary but development is not.

I'm going through a bit of a swing change and I am constantly experimenting on the range to find for myself what type of swing makes the most consistent and solid contact.

Hitting DOWN on the ball with my irons. I've always been a true picker with my irons and it has led to significant inconsistencies, so, I've been working on hitting ball first and taking proper divots...I'm getting there.

Hitting DOWN on the ball with my irons. I've always been a true picker with my irons and it has led to significant inconsistencies, so, I've been working on hitting ball first and taking proper divots...I'm getting there.

I feel your pain, I can hit down perfect on the mats, but put me on grass and I instanly pick'em.

Maybe you guys need a Tour Striker. Its supposed to teach you to hit down on the ball. I just ordered one myself but theres a whole thread about it.

Every part of my game needs work, but with the driving range an hour away, I have been working on my putting. I gotta give my White Lightning putter a work out and hope the paint don't come off.

I'm going through some swing changes with Andy the THP Pro, but mainly, my driver has been sucking for the last 3 months. Right now it's in timeout until it starts behaving again, the 3wood has tee off duty...

the one that involves me not being injured further

approach shots from the middle of the fw's are killing me right now so im working on getting consistent with my irons

My no. 1 focus is keeping my club on plane through my entire swing. My tendency is to allow the club to cross the line at the top if I don't watch what I'm doing.

My driver has left me and it seems the more I work on it the worse it gets. My irons are really working now but I seem to be losing them at times as well. I'm really trying to be more consistent and it appears to be working. Hoping to break 80 soon. I keep knocking on the door, just waiting on it to open.

course management
i got it half right today... too bad it wasnt working on the front half

my drives. which should improve with the Diablo Edge I just got! :act-up:

I just built a hitting new 10 feet wide and 8 feet tall, so i can hit balls all day. But what im really working on is making good, solid contact, cause im a high handicapper

Back