Gas Prices: What are you paying?

It's 2.14, but paid 2.04 at shell with our .10 Kroger discount. Filled up for under $20 & haven't seen that in a long time

$2.07 as of last night in good ole Mchenry, IL.

Excellent !

9dfa5ea906c9a6a849cae8b0e505a000.jpg

$2.29 today and I feel like I'm still getting screwed.........

$1.99 here today. Looks as if it will go lower. Some stations closer to Toledo are at $1.79

25b496c827699ba84bff62d318fdcb85.jpg

Here is what I have set as favorites in the Gas Buddy app. Crazy how the prices keep coming down. I don't even top off anymore, because I expect it to be lower the next time I fill up!

3364725fbac785a13f073bb2996dcb3b.jpg

Paid 2.38 today and that was great!

$2.199

Saw $2.17 today. That's great, but my trip to Toledo tomorrow should yield lower prices.

$2.02 yesterday after work.

Saw 2.15 yesterday

Finally hit $1.99 at pretty much most of DFW.

With my Pilot rewards savings payed 1.65 today for Super Unleaded. Dang regular would have been 1.35 gallon. Good times have come our way .

$1.91 this morning, wooohooo

Gas prices are to low. Production/drilling is declining rapidly and when some of the current drilling is completed, guys/families will begin to get laid off. Enjoy the low prices now, I hope it won't last very long.

Gas prices are to low. Production/drilling is declining rapidly and when some of the current drilling is completed, guys/families will begin to get laid off. Enjoy the low prices now, I hope it won't last very long.

Yep, this isn't good at all in the big picture, and it seems it's only going to keep dropping on price for a while as far as barrels of oil are concerned.

While I understand that aspect where barrels are selling for "too low" in the eyes of some, wouldn't lower prices also increase demand therefore offsetting the low cost some?

Genuine question as I know you're in the business: what's ideal? What's too low for the oil companies and what's too high for consumers?

While I understand that aspect where barrels are selling for "too low" in the eyes of some, wouldn't lower prices also increase demand therefore offsetting the low cost some?

Genuine question as I know you're in the business: what's ideal? What's too low for the oil companies and what's too high for consumers?

I have this same question. Wouldnt lower gas prices trigger auto sales and increased consumer spending? Travel spending increases as well. I understand its probably not ideal for the oil/gas industry but isnt their offset that help the economy?

I have mixed emotions on this really. I don't want to see people getting laid off. But if you step back and look at big picture. It seems lower pricing would have a larger impact to a higher percentage of the population.

It would seem that way but most companies can not make a profit with a barrel of oil under $70. Some can make it as long as it's above $60. Very few can make it under that price point. The big companies will survive, many small companies will not. Once drilling has slowed down it takes time to start up again. To many pieces to the puzzle to just start everything back up once it is shut down. There is really not that big of surplus of oil. It is OPEC causing the low prices trying to slow our production down.

Back