The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran out of cladding for our business today. One specific size for a job that has been in the works for 3 months.

I asked last week if we were going to be short, and was advised we had plenty.

Today we ran out. I can't get more until January 5th.... I am gonna get fired.

Putter from Kang's Pay it Forward is hung up in the USPS Twilight Zone - says scheduled delivery of 12/22, but last update is it leaving Aurora, CO on the 20th. Uh oh.

The course I grew up playing is shutting down after a dwindling membership and some poor financial decisions are forcing it close its doors. Some of the members are trying to put together a group to save it, but I have a feeling even if they are able to put something together, the club won't be the same (for better or worse).

That is tough to deal with. You have so many great memories there and just the thought of it not being available hurts. I have one like that and I know it would suck if it was no longer accesible for what ever reason.

Eating healthy sucks right now. I just want to eat my emotions, I would like a giant bowl of ice cream smothered in hot fudge and sprinkles.

Eating healthy sucks right now. I just want to eat my emotions, I would like a giant bowl of ice cream smothered in hot fudge and sprinkles.

Dang. I'm about to head to the store and guess what I will be passing in the frozen food aisle. :bulgy-eyes: I LOVE ice cream :blob:

That is tough to deal with. You have so many great memories there and just the thought of it not being available hurts. I have one like that and I know it would suck if it was no longer accesible for what ever reason.

Yep. It absolutely does suck. I feel like I grew up there. The head pro has known me since I was 8. Hard to believe they couldn't find the membership to support the club. My Dad is still a member and I would be too if I still lived there. We played last Sunday with his regular group for what could possibly be the last time. I would hate to see it go. I hate it for all the employees too, getting laid off right before Christmas.

my brother has been using "if it fits your macro" (iifym.com). He eats what he wants and doing pretty much the same workout he has been doing for awhile and lost roughly 20lbs. The program lets you choose your goal of weight loss, maintain, bulk...asks for your height, weight, age. once you input that it gives you what your daily intake for calories, fat, protein, carbs, fiber. then you eat what you want as long as you stay within the macros (+/- 5g on carbs and protein, +/- 2g on fat). i just started last week and hope to continue while on vacation and if not will start back up after the new year.

Yep. It absolutely does suck. I feel like I grew up there. The head pro has known me since I was 8. Hard to believe they couldn't find the membership to support the club. My Dad is still a member and I would be too if I still lived there. We played last Sunday with his regular group for what could possibly be the last time. I would hate to see it go. I hate it for all the employees too, getting laid off right before Christmas.

I feel for ya brother. I truly do.

Morgan's fault

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419374018.020781.jpg

Two for one at Publix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debate room is...interesting
150 posts in a thread in 12 hours is just as interesting

Interesting...Nah, at times nauseating

Don't know what the topic du'jour is, and can imagine I want no part of whatever it is. I love ya'll, but I'll stay the hell out of there.

Don't know what the topic du'jour is, and can imagine I want no part of whatever it is. I love ya'll, but I'll stay the hell out of there.

Is that like the soup of the day?

That sounds delicious.

I've never found my way to the Debate Room and don't plan to. Ain't got no time for that!

Had a physical last week. Got back the blood work results today. My triglycerides are "off the chart". *sigh*

Looks like a lifestyle change is in order, starting tonight.

U and me both man I'm a bounce in and bounce out kinda guy

U and me both man I'm a bounce in and bounce out kinda guy

I am so thankful that you have to opt in, which means I can not do so. It's not a THP thing either, every forum struggles when it gets away from the intended topic, and THP manages off-topic better than any I've seen.

It's an intense topic dude, and I think many have a lot to gain in better understanding reasonable logic. THP is one of the few places I can go and have a mostly rational conversation about something that controversial.

It's an intense topic dude, and I think many have a lot to gain in better understanding reasonable logic. THP is one of the few places I can go and have a mostly rational conversation about something that controversial.

But we do have a select few dude.... However, we can draw lines on a subject, and the majority of the time those on the other side are still my brothers no matter what. That's how we are different. It's what makes this place special.

But we do have a select few dude.... However, we can draw lines on a subject, and the majority of the time those on the other side are still my brothers no matter what. That's how we are different. It's what makes this place special.
The beauty of the ignore button if need be. I really enjoyed the insights of others today.... I feel like a better more educated person for having it.

Beats the heck out of reading the comment lunacy of the latest article posted about these things on Facebook or media.

I think the debate forum is sometimes the best place to discuss how topics in society. Like Donne said, thp is miles ahead of any other forum when discussing the off topic. There was some great discussion in there today, and it stayed pretty civil considering.

My in-laws from out of state just pulled in the drive way.

Looks like I'll be "working" on Christmas Eve & the day after Christmas.

The Official Rant of the Day

4 pm on December 23rd. Two employees working a window. Thank you USPS.

Edited rant for the other people in line. An employee comes out front to ask if anyone is ONLY picking up a package. Not one, not two, but three straight people ask him to mail something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My in-laws from out of state just pulled in the drive way.

Looks like I'll be "working" on Christmas Eve & the day after Christmas.

Lol!

You know Shakey.. one of the greatest gifts I can say I have received is that I have been married twice - and I had great in-laws both times! Not really sure how many people can say that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back